This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney/Anya Ship Thread

Yes, you read correct, this is the ship (of a sort) thread for Rodney McKay and Anya of Buffy. A crossover ship but one I think that works oh so well. You may be this minute thinking 'why, who, how?' but already there's fic for it, I'm not kidding. Infact the strange but wonderful fic for it is what sucked me in. Both chracters are pretty honest to the point of blunt and lovably snarky and at least in what I've read they work really well together.

The fic rec is this Just Desserts (Rated PG/PG-13).

Anyone else feel the snarky love, or perhaps convenience, between these eccentric characters?

Yay!

I'm all for this!

I love that fan fiction

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

That was a great fic! Funny too.

As for Stargate/non-Stargate ships...this one I could go for
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Yes, you read correct, this is the ship (of a sort) thread for Rodney McKay and Anya of Buffy. A crossover ship but one I think that works oh so well. You may be this minute thinking 'why, who, how?' but already there's fic for it, I'm not kidding. Infact the strange but wonderful fic for it is what sucked me in. Both chracters are pretty honest to the point of blunt and lovably snarky and at least in what I've read they work really well together.

The fic rec is this Just Desserts (Rated PG/PG-13).

Anyone else feel the snarky love, or perhaps convenience, between these eccentric characters?
        Well this is wrong. *runs screaming out of thread* Thanks Purpleyin I really needed that image stuck in my head. Um, why do they (fic writers) always seem to play him sooo desperate? As a fangal just don't see it. *blissfully in denial*

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
          Well this is wrong. *runs screaming out of thread* Thanks Purpleyin I really needed that image stuck in my head. Um, why do they (fic writers) always seem to play him sooo desperate? As a fangal just don't see it. *blissfully in denial*
          Not sure. Personally I felt in the fic he was very like we saw him in SG-1. Not so much now in SGA but for then it felt kind of right to me. The combination of those two snarking at each other but still being there is just too good to resist.

Comment

Not sure. Personally I felt in the fic he was very like we saw him in SG-1. Not so much now in SGA but for then it felt kind of right to me. The combination of those two snarking at each other but still being there is just too good to resist.
            It was amusing but I still find him being portrayed so desperate as missing the point, it feels like a cop-out to the character. Ooh I got all serious for a moment. Anya is a great character herself and just made for humour but I have secretly always wanted to see Rodney with Willow. Now that is wrong.

Comment

Ooh I enjoyed that. I'd have never thought of that ship, but it works. Thanks Purpleyin.

Comment

Rodney/Anya - OTP

... Hmmm...

*schemes*

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                  Rodney/Anya - OTP

... Hmmm...

*schemes*
                  Go on. I would say write a fic but you don't write do you? ... in that case *pleads for vid*

Comment

Go on. I would say write a fic but you don't write do you? ... in that case *pleads for vid*
                    I second that Go on MM....you know you wanna.

Comment

It was amusing but I still find him being portrayed so desperate as missing the point, it feels like a cop-out to the character. Ooh I got all serious for a moment. Anya is a great character herself and just made for humour but I have secretly always wanted to see Rodney with Willow. Now that is wrong.
                      Well maybe it's possible if there was more Rodney/Anya fic you might find one you like... Rodney/Willow? Might be a little hard depending on where in Buffy timeline it'd fit, and yeah, age difference. Matters less with Anya because despite her appearances she's alot older and worldwise (older mentally but certainly not emotionally in many cases )
                      Last edited by Purpleyin; 07 September 2005, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Wow! I actually managed to read the fic all the way through Excellent fic, loved the end

sigpic
                        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                          I second that Go on MM....you know you wanna.
                          ... Sadly, I do want to lol.

I just... gotta find time to record seasons 4 - 7 of Buffy to the computer lol.

Comment

Well maybe it's possible if there was more Rodney/Anya fic you might find one you like... Rodney/Willow? Might be a little hard depending on where in Buffy timeline it'd fit, and yeah, age difference. Matters less with Anya because despite her appearances she's alot older and worldwise (older mentally but certainly not emotionally in many cases )
                            O.K Purpleyin you got my gander up! Haha, firstly what age difference? I think people are able to love each other no matter what the age, as you know or at least I have mentioned on the DH/RM Thunk my bf is a lot younger than me so... Willow is extremely intelligent and you know Rodney loves smart women and she loves computers and didn't she always use a mac on the show.

Secondly if I can have McKay/Beckett & McKay/Sheppard (yes Shadowmaat there you go in full) Then why can't Willow be bi or straight? She was with OZ.

Dam it woman I might just write my own fic with them, in-spite of you! Haha, now that would be wrong!

(You know I am jesting right Hans? Well the fic thing might happen. )

Comment

O.K Purpleyin you got my gander up! Haha, firstly what age difference? I think people are able to love each other no matter what the age, as you know or at least I have mentioned on the DH/RM Thunk my bf is a lot younger than me so... Willow is extremely intelligent and you know Rodney loves smart women and she loves computers and didn't she always use a mac on the show.

Secondly if I can have McKay/Beckett & McKay/Sheppard (yes Shadowmaat there you go in full) Then why can't Willow be bi or straight? She was with OZ.

Dam it woman I might just write my own fic with them, in-spite of you! Haha, now that would be wrong!

(You know I am jesting right Hans? Well the fic thing might happen. )
                              I suppose the age difference wouldn't mean much as long as she was over 18, because Willow is that intelligent - but in terms of naivety she learnt alot in the last few seasons of Buffy, so it'd probably be more interesting to see a post-Buffy, more mature Willow have a thing with him. As for sexuality, after a certain point they only refer to her as a lesbian, rather than bi, I think some (and I don't mean me) might not believe the story because they look at canon and say 'but she doesn't date guys anymore!'

And yeah I know you just jesting, but I'd love to read the fic. I'm always for pairings out of the oridnary. I doubt anyone has done this one yet. Rodney/Anya has been the only SGA/Buffy crossover I've seen apart from an odd Buffy/Shep SGA/Buffy/Charmed crossover I saw once.

Comment

Working...
                              X