This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to forum need to know

hi im new i wood like to know what is the name that is under the user name mean like when it says jeffa warror mean
    thank u and what the other names mean
    carter "colone?"
    o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

its a ranking system based on posts. Ignore it, posts counts truely mean nothing.
    There are some with 6k posts who just spam this forum, others with a few hundred know a lot of stargate.
    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
      its a ranking system based on posts. Ignore it, posts counts truely mean nothing.
      There are some with 6k posts who just spam this forum, others with a few hundred know a lot of stargate.
      ok well i wood like to know what is the ranking system thank u very much
      carter "colone?"
      o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

The discus it briefly in page one of this Ask the Mods thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...king#post47951

I thought someone had listed them all out but i didnt find that. Looks like the forum owner Darren likes to keep them a secret so people are suprised.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          The discus it briefly in page one of this Ask the Mods thread
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...king#post47951

I thought someone had listed them all out but i didnt find that. Looks like the forum owner Darren likes to keep them a secret so people are suprised.
          in some cases the more postes u get the more avaters that become avail also ur rep ads to it. but look at that link and u will get all the info u need
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

have you met Qasimjavid...no oh,

Also posts and rank are important the more post better status more avatars you unlock and at 800 you get a very nice suprise, which i wint mention because a)it would ruin it and b)the MODS/Admin would be after me

Originally posted by Jeffer
            in some cases the more postes u get the more avaters that become avail also ur rep ads to it. but look at that link and u will get all the info u need
            Rep points are fun! they dont add to your title, they just show how much the peoples of GW love/hate what you post, but remeber before May (I think) rthere was a different rep system where more points were given som thats why some have massive green bars and me who joined after have only two, you get rep by earning it by poting what GW members like or find funny, 9/10 rep is adwarded because the post is funny not because it is serrious thats the wacky way of the GW members

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C

Also posts and rank are important the more post better status more avatars you unlock and at 800 you get a very nice suprise, which i wint mention because a)it would ruin it and b)the MODS/Admin would be after me
              ooooo, now I guess I got to start spamming the forum.
              EDIT: at 717 now. Hopefully people don’t consider me a spammer, just friendly and loquacious.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Dont, i dont and i have 800+ posts and the rank of Goa'uld Underling which you have 500+ or so

Comment

There are some with 6k posts who just spam this forum
                  If you are referring to me then you should go through my posts and you will find out that the majority of them are ontopic
                  Originally posted by S.G.C
                  and what exactly are you trying to say?

The ranking system is:

Spoiler:

1. Prim'tah (If you have 0 to 25 posts)
                  2. Mature Symbiote (If you more then 25 posts)
                  3. Jaffa Fodder (If you have more then 50 posts)
                  4. Jaffa Warrior (If you have more the 100 posts)
                  5. Super-Soldier (If you have more then 200 posts)
                  6. Death Glider Pilot (If you have more then 300 posts)
                  7. Goa'uld Underling (If you have more the 500 posts)
                  8. Royal Guard (If you have more then 1000 posts)
                  9. First Prime (If you have more then 2500 posts)
                  10.Goa'uld Lord (If you have more than 5000 posts)

Order is accurate not sure about the post numbers
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

i assume as soon as the amdmins see this Thread it will be closed
                    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                    sigpic

Comment

EDIT: at 717 now. Hopefully people don’t consider me a spammer, just friendly and loquacious.
                      ummmm how do you spam a forum?

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                        ummmm how do you spam a forum?
                        Well, you could have a website you want to promote and create the same thread in each of the forums... that’s a recent example.

I guess I could go into each thread and say "good point" to everyone and contribute nothing to the conversation (its ok if you do this every once in a while but I think if you do it consistently to everyone then that’s spam...but that’s debatable because you could just be very polite).

Comment

I'm moving this thread to the About The Forum sub-forum. Thanks!

Comment

welcome,
                            the ranking system IMO is very fair, the rep points are annoying but i found that if u get to death glider pilot and goauld underling and havent spamed ure going good, as to qasim hes on nearly every thread i have bgeen on and i always pretty insightfull if a little long winded! but there are many other people like him; u spam a forum by being a **** and writing off topic pointless replys in multiples, insult peopel or the forum or the threads topic in them and/or a general disrestpectfull to your fellow gaters. somepeople are warned or banned, most just get very hated and leave volentaraly/neged.........oh and we have all got a bit OTT in a bad way on her at one time or annother and as long as u dont do somin serious loadsa time it usually passes, however some do escape and are very persisant at causing havok! no names, good luck in being part of GWF,
                            Immhotep
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by David
                              I'm moving this thread to the About The Forum sub-forum. Thanks!
                              Dang back to 716... and this one doesnt count either.
                              FYI, post in the offtopic folder dont count towards your ranking, in case you wonder why your count just got lowered a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X