This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with the Ori?

my impression of the ori was that they are evil Ancients and that they want to share the knowlegde of the universe with other people and if the people don't take the path to enlightment they die. Here's the question that's been buggin me, why do the ori care? the ori are these all powerful beings who can do what ever they want in the afterlife or wherever they go, but they seem almost desparate to have followers. Why? and why do they need an armada?
    RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Daniel asked the same thing, so hopefully that means the writers will address it instead of leaving it a plot hole.

Time will tell, but I have a theory that
    Spoiler:
    They're going to set up a big ascended army and go fight the Ancients

Comment

Yep, hopefully this will be one of the major plot points of the whole Ori storyline as opposed to plot hole.

I think, they are lying to people and they do not actually ascend people but they feed off the focus energy of belief directed towards them like the "gods" do in AD&D and lots of other fantasty fair. (kinda like that evil guy that lived off of fear if you are a farscape fan). But this is MHO and the writers have suprised me before, so take what you will from it.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

daniel will figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          Yep, hopefully this will be one of the major plot points of the whole Ori storyline as opposed to plot hole.

I think, they are lying to people and they do not actually ascend people but they feed off the focus energy of belief directed towards them like the "gods" do in AD&D and lots of other fantasty fair. (kinda like that evil guy that lived off of fear if you are a farscape fan). But this is MHO and the writers have suprised me before, so take what you will from it.
          Interesting theory.
          RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

I would think the main reasons the Ori would have for making people believe in them and only themselves is two fold.

The Ancients won’t interfere with free will. If the Ori get people to believe in them the Ancients won’t stop them.

By getting people to believe in their teachings the Ori can actually stop people from ascending in the future. Whereas the Ancients will let them ascend if they want to. The more ascended people the less power the Ori have.

If the Ori tried to wipe out all life that could ascend the Ancients would stop them. But by making that life go in the path of their own choosing the Ori stop them without a war with the Ancients.

This can be seen by looking at the first episode with the Ori. They kept the culture at a level that required that people depend on the Ori for everything and used the culture itself to stifle or destroy any thought of another way. All the while, without interfering with freewill themselves, they let the Priors do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatidae
              I would think the main reasons the Ori would have for making people believe in them and only themselves is two fold.

The Ancients won’t interfere with free will. If the Ori get people to believe in them the Ancients won’t stop them.

By getting people to believe in their teachings the Ori can actually stop people from ascending in the future. Whereas the Ancients will let them ascend if they want to. The more ascended people the less power the Ori have.

If the Ori tried to wipe out all life that could ascend the Ancients would stop them. But by making that life go in the path of their own choosing the Ori stop them without a war with the Ancients.

This can be seen by looking at the first episode with the Ori. They kept the culture at a level that required that people depend on the Ori for everything and used the culture itself to stifle or destroy any thought of another way. All the while, without interfering with freewill themselves, they let the Priors do that.
              Don't the Ori want more power? I mean they tried to send an armada to our galaxy. how would that relate to the Ori not wanting power?
              RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan

I think, they are lying to people and they do not actually ascend people but they feed off the focus energy of belief directed towards them like the "gods" do in AD&D and lots of other fantasty fair.
                I hope to god this isnt the case, the whole "feeding off of emotions" or w/e is so cliché and for me very ridiculous.
                Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
                Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
                Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
                Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
                Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

What isn't a little cliche these days?
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X