Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S8 Region 4 DVD Boxed Set Threads episode cut short ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S8 Region 4 DVD Boxed Set Threads episode cut short ?

The S8 Region 4 DVD Boxed Set Threads episode is cut short. The box says it is 90mins long but the DVD is only 60mins long.

Does anyone knows what is hapening?

Will the DVD set be replaced ?

Thanks

The DVD should only be 60 mins long. It is 90 mins with adverts. The box must be a typo nothing more.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Yeah normal episodes are 42 minutes - 60 minutes with ads

Threads was 65 minutes I think and 90 with ads
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

42 + 42 = 84 mins which is what is listed on the DVD cover but the episode on the DVD is only 60 mins. So thats about 20 mins missing from the episode.

Comment

threads isn't a two parter. Its an extended episode. Its only 60 odd minutes long. If it was 84 minutes long then there would have only been 6 minutes of adverts in the broadcast and I can assure there were many more adverts than that.

If you have 60 minutes you have the entire episode. As it was originally broadcasted.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

42 + 42 probably refers to Reckoning as that is a 2 parter
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by mylordra
              The S8 Region 4 DVD Boxed Set Threads episode is cut short. The box says it is 90mins long but the DVD is only 60mins long.
              That's just crap!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mylordra

Does anyone knows what is hapening?

Will the DVD set be replaced ?

Thanks
                it hasnt been cut short... Its a goof on the box, I noticed it too. As others have said, with adds it would have been about 90mins long. Without adds it should be around 60.

Comment

I am getting very annoyed with these dvds. Almost all of them have mistakes on them from season 2 onwards. It all started after the dvd company changed its design and now the typos keep coming its beginning to sound worse by the minute.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

i havnt noticed any errors on my region 2 dvds

Comment

look at the cases there are so manyu misplaced pictures and wrong ipics for wrong episodes and such and such. A prime example is on S3 disc 4 showing a completely random picture in place of 100 days and the 100 days picture with Shades of Grey.

Comment

I did notice that on my Atlantis Season 1 Boxset that the audio commentary for Rising lists Joe Flannigan, isnt it Flanigan with only one 'N'?

Comment

Thats not as bad as the ones i've seen.

EDIT: Yay my 500th post !!!!

Comment

Threads is cut short on region 1 box set. I just watched it. It was a total of 43 minutes according to my dvd player. I noticed the jaffa scenes were gone.
                            "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Well, I checked Sony's website, and they have a Home Entertainment customer service e-mail address at sphe_customer_service[at]spe.sony.com. I just fired off a polite complaint e-mail to them; others might want to do the same, so that they see that this is considered a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X