• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Season 1 DVD set news

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4069

has the cover art and info on the first season Stargate Atlantis DVD set

EXCERPT

The pilot episode, "Rising", has already been available on DVD since this
    past June, and it hasn't been clear to fans if it will therefore be included in
    this season set as well, and the studio's announcement this morning didn't say
    one way or the other. But the running time of 873 minutes that was provided
    with the offcial info this morning makes it sound like it's probably included:
    there's 20 "broadcast hours" (the 2-hour pilot plus 18 regular episodes) of
    the complete first season. 873 ÷ 20 = 43.65 minutes per episode, and that's
    roughly what we see from actual story on each broadcast (minus commercials),
    right? Since the running time of the separate "Rising" DVD is listed as 88
    minutes, that tends to confirm that 44 minutes covers each "broadcast hour" of
    this show. ....

*Click on link above full text*

Well look at that...

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

OMG IT'S SO PRETTY!

... Great box cover for a great show

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I want my season 1 DVDs!!!! (and it better have Rising on it).
        November is sooo far away, why wasnt this released in October along with Season 8? ... i know its only one month difference, but still....
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

For some reason I dont like it as much as SG-1's sets.....it looks like each disc doesnt get its own DVD case fo it...like SG-1 but instead you have to fold out the set (like highlander, 24, Buffy, and Angel sets....here is a guess but it just might have an episode synopsis book at the end)....the art also looks a little cluttered...cal me old fashioned but I like the simplicity of SG-1's cover art....oh well great show!!!

Comment

Yes!! I have the money sitting in a safe place waiting for the set to come out. I can't wait.
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

The Stargate on the cover is a MW gate with a blue cheveron not a Pegasus one.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                The Stargate on the cover is a MW gate with a blue cheveron not a Pegasus one.
                Still looks cool.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  Still looks cool.
                  Ditto, cover still looks good, and heck, can't wait for nice clean unedited copies of SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Ditto, cover still looks good, and heck, can't wait for nice clean unedited copies of SGA!!!
                    The UK copies of the episodes look brilliant!

Any news yet on commentaries. I heard a rumor that only 10 or so episodes had commentary recorded
                    sigpic

Comment

Simply gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        OMG IT'S SO PRETTY!
                        Yes it is
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind if that were the case covers, but I don't like it as a box cover.

I don't get why they say episodes are 44 minutes long. They say it on most of the audio commentaries of SG-1, but the episodes only go for 42 minutes with credits.

I'm pretty sure the Australian box-art is different too.
                          Like art? Buy prints.

Comment

Definitely a different case than SG1. While I like the SG1 sets, they take up an enormous amount of space on the DVD shelf. I wouldn't mind a thinner case but the foldouts are horrible. It's crazy to have to get on the floor and fan out a six foot long folding cardboard and plastic contraption to get a disk out. Personally I hope it has the individual thin cases like Firefly, Roswell, and a few others. That is by far the best design IMHO.

The MW gate doesn't bother me. Just don't screw up the content, MGM!!

Comment

man, that is terrible cover art

i hope they fix it before the release

Comment

Working...
                              X