Well look at that...

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2226/stargateatlantiss16uk.jpg

MartoufMarty
September 5th, 2005, 09:51 AM
OMG IT'S SO PRETTY!

... Great box cover for a great show :D

AGateFan
September 5th, 2005, 09:57 AM
I want my season 1 DVDs!!!! :( (and it better have Rising on it).
November is sooo far away, why wasnt this released in October along with Season 8? :S ... i know its only one month difference, but still....

walter_MacChevron
September 5th, 2005, 11:36 AM
For some reason I dont like it as much as SG-1's sets.....it looks like each disc doesnt get its own DVD case fo it...like SG-1 but instead you have to fold out the set (like highlander, 24, Buffy, and Angel sets....here is a guess but it just might have an episode synopsis book at the end)....the art also looks a little cluttered...cal me old fashioned but I like the simplicity of SG-1's cover art....oh well great show!!!

Atlantis1
September 5th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Yes!! I have the money sitting in a safe place waiting for the set to come out. I can't wait.

GatetheWay
September 5th, 2005, 12:54 PM
The Stargate on the cover is a MW gate with a blue cheveron not a Pegasus one.

AGateFan
September 5th, 2005, 01:05 PM
The Stargate on the cover is a MW gate with a blue cheveron not a Pegasus one.
Still looks cool.

prion
September 5th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Still looks cool.

Ditto, cover still looks good, and heck, can't wait for nice clean unedited copies of SGA!!!

Steve_the_Wraith
September 5th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Ditto, cover still looks good, and heck, can't wait for nice clean unedited copies of SGA!!!
The UK copies of the episodes look brilliant!

Any news yet on commentaries. I heard a rumor that only 10 or so episodes had commentary recorded

PG15
September 5th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Simply gorgeous! :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM
OMG IT'S SO PRETTY!
Yes it is

Resident-Seven
September 6th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't mind if that were the case covers, but I don't like it as a box cover.

I don't get why they say episodes are 44 minutes long. They say it on most of the audio commentaries of SG-1, but the episodes only go for 42 minutes with credits.

I'm pretty sure the Australian box-art is different too.

GateTraveler
September 6th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Definitely a different case than SG1. While I like the SG1 sets, they take up an enormous amount of space on the DVD shelf. I wouldn't mind a thinner case but the foldouts are horrible. It's crazy to have to get on the floor and fan out a six foot long folding cardboard and plastic contraption to get a disk out. Personally I hope it has the individual thin cases like Firefly, Roswell, and a few others. That is by far the best design IMHO.

The MW gate doesn't bother me. Just don't screw up the content, MGM!!

24nolf
September 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM
man, that is terrible cover art

i hope they fix it before the release

24nolf
September 6th, 2005, 04:57 PM
slip cases suck

i hope they have the same packaging as SG-1. That is the perfect box set.

david2708
September 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I've now seen it up for pre-order. I go to DVDImport in Canada now for me R1 sets. they have it on pre order for 39.99 US. $1 package and handling charge. Standard Shipping otherwise is free overseas.

GateTraveler
September 6th, 2005, 06:53 PM
slip cases suck

i hope they have the same packaging as SG-1. That is the perfect box set.

What are you referring to as a "slipcase"? Examples??

SG1 sets are OK, just too bulky if you own a lot of DVDs. I can fit three seasons of most shows in the same space on the shelf as one season of SG1. That won't bother some folks but to others with limited space and a bunch of DVDs, it's an issue.

Incidentally, why is the SGA MSRP $5 more than SG1? Same number of episodes from the same folks, yet different price point. Hmmmm...

AGateFan
September 6th, 2005, 07:26 PM
What are you referring to as a "slipcase"? Examples??

SG1 sets are OK, just too bulky if you own a lot of DVDs. I can fit three seasons of most shows in the same space on the shelf as one season of SG1. That won't bother some folks but to others with limited space and a bunch of DVDs, it's an issue.

Incidentally, why is the SGA MSRP $5 more than SG1? Same number of episodes from the same folks, yet different price point. Hmmmm...

I'm just glad its not the same ungodly price as the farscape DVDs. Stargate is a bargin in comparision.

Chevron_nine
September 6th, 2005, 07:57 PM
The cover art is looking pretty good although I still like the SG-1 one's better. It makes sense to use the SG-1 gates on the Atlantis DVD cover since they use the Movie gate on the SG-1 covers:p

I'm hoping the discs have individual cases just like SG-1 even though I don't have ANY space left in my room. It just wouldn't look as good next to the SG-1 DVD's if they used a different kind of case.

TheObiJuan
September 6th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I really like it. I love the partial stargate on the lower corner. I like the way all of the sg-1 dvd sets have character images on the backside, like the unas one.
It appears with sga they are doing something else.

Gizmo
September 6th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Hey this is great news! :p I was wondering when it would finally pop out here in the States. Just in time for my big 'golden' birthday to boot. It seems like nearly everything I enjoy comes out during or around November. Now my friend and I will have to schedule a time to just sit back and watch the dvds together like we usually do...what else are you going to do while house-sitting in the far off country-side on an island area? :rolleyes: Yeah we're weird.

Gizmo
"For the oddest reason I'm craving potato chips and chocolate...I don't really like either one. *Don't hate me 'cause I just don't like chocolate too much.*" :p

Platschu
September 6th, 2005, 11:34 PM
The SG-1 gate is terrible on the Atlantis DVD... :S Frell. :D

prion
September 7th, 2005, 03:04 AM
I'm just glad its not the same ungodly price as the farscape DVDs. Stargate is a bargin in comparision.

Yeah, Stargate is pretty much a bargain price compared to FARSCAPE and eegads, X-FILES!

SallyLizzie
September 7th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Quick question. Does anybody know if the features on R1 are the same as those on R2? Or if they have been the same on previous SG1 boxsets?

Boxsets in the UK cost from £60-£90 and i'm looking to save a bit of money as i've already spent £100 on the vol's.

Rian
September 7th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Where i live (Belgium) the box will be released on September 19th. I've preordered it already for 35€ (which is about 40-45$ i guess). It seems like it has the same extras on the discs, so i'm looking forward to it :D

For those who are interested: here's the link + boxshot: http://www.mediadis.com/dvd/detail.asp?id=143995

Steve_the_Wraith
September 7th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Quick question. Does anybody know if the features on R1 are the same as those on R2? Or if they have been the same on previous SG1 boxsets?

Boxsets in the UK cost from £60-£90 and i'm looking to save a bit of money as i've already spent £100 on the vol's.
The Boxsets should have the audio commentary that the R2 single volumes are missing - I bought the singles myself and plan to sell them off once the Boxset comes out, with a little luck they should pay for the boxset

Osiris
September 7th, 2005, 11:43 AM
The Atlantis Season 1 dvd boxset was released yesterday in France.

Here're some pics:

Front cover:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Osirisnefer/Atlantisdvds001.jpg

Front cover (the pic changes when you look on the right):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Osirisnefer/Atlantisdvds002.jpg

Back cover:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Osirisnefer/Atlantisdvds5.jpg

Inside + booklet:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Osirisnefer/Atlantisdvds003.jpg

Inside:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/Osirisnefer/Atlantisdvds004.jpg

GateTraveler
September 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I like the way all of the sg-1 dvd sets have character images on the backside, like the unas one.

You know, this is one thing about the SG1 sets that I don't like and never really understood. I mean, on the spine of the individual disks they put the four members of SG1 which makes sense. Then on the fifth disk they put some minor alien that might have been in one episode the whole series. Huh?!! Why?? Seems more logical to put either the main villain (which was done once or twice) or Hammond (once) or Frasier, Jacob, Bratac (never).

The huge spotlight photo on the backside (biggest one on the case) is done the same way. Sometimes it makes sense (Anubis - S7). Other times it's, once again, a random alien who plays no major role in the series or even in that particular season.

Very odd...

florence
September 8th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Great pics Osiris ! I got my boxset yesterday too and I love it, especially the changing pic on the cover :)

Here are the extras that you can find inside :

Vol. 1 : SGA set tour with Martin Wood and Peter DeLuise
Audio commentary : Rising 1 & 2 with Martin Wood and Joe Flanigan

Vol. 2 : Diary of Rainbow Sun Francks ; Mission Directive The Storm/The Eye
Audio commentary : Childhood's End with Martin Gero, Rachel Luttrell and Rainbow Sun Francks

Vol. 3 : Mission Directive : Sanctuary ; Wraithal Discrimination : it's not easy being green
Audio commentaries : The Storm and The Eye with Martin Wood, Martin Gero and David Hewlett ; Defiant One with Peter DeLuise and Dan Shea.

Vol. 4 : Mission Directive : Before I Sleep and The Brotherhood ; Behind the Stargate : Secrets Revealed pt 1
Audio commentaries : Hotzone with Martin Gero, Rachel Luttrell, Rainbow Sun Francks and Paul McGillion

Vol. 5 : Mission Directive : The Siege ; Begind the Stargate : Secrets Revealed pt 2 ; A look back on Season 1 with Martin Gero ; Preview to Season 2
Audio commentaries : The Gift with Peter DeLuise and Gary Jones ; The Siege pt 1 with Martin Wood, Martin Gero and David Hewlett ; The Siege pt 2 with Martin Wood, Martin Gero, David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan

Lord Zedd
September 8th, 2005, 05:33 AM
lucky you I am getting my boxset within 7 days :D :D :D :D

Lord Zedd
September 8th, 2005, 05:37 AM
you are wrong dude !! it is the 15th that it will be available and nice to see a Belgian in here too !!

Rian
September 8th, 2005, 02:05 PM
you are wrong dude !! it is the 15th that it will be available and nice to see a Belgian in here too !!
It is? :eek: You just made my day
Oh well.. then I'm getting them 4 days earlier then i thought

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 8th, 2005, 02:09 PM
You know what annoys me. The SGA is 4 bucks more than the SG-1. That's a pain in the rear.

IndianaJones00
September 9th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Its good to see that the French Boxset contains at least some audio commentaries, was afraid they would go down the UK route and include none at all.

Also, the main reason for the November release in the US for the set is so that all the commentaries can be included. So far around 14 of the episodes have commentaries confirmed so I guess over the next month and a half they will get the other 6 finished, that is if they are not done already.

Just hope the Dutch Atlantis Boxset contains the same discs as the French release, would be even better if it came in the same packaging but for the price (£23.60) its a good enough bargain as it is considering the individual volumes sell for around £14 each here in the UK