This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet of Neanderthals?

Proto man did not go extinct! It went home!
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Who is Proto Man?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

What's this got to do with stargate?
      sigpic

Comment

Proto man search - http://images.google.com/images?q=Pr...r=&sa=N&tab=wi

Stargate related?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Maybe he’s saying that Proto man (Neanderthals) is actually the Ancients and that instead of becoming extinct they just left Earth and went home.

Although I think the Ancients more likely genetically manipulated the Neanderthals to make humans rather then actually being the Neanderthals themselves.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            Maybe he’s saying that Proto man (Neanderthals) is actually the Ancients and that instead of becoming extinct they just left Earth and went home.

Although I think the Ancients more likely genetically manipulated the Neanderthals to make humans rather then actually being the Neanderthals themselves.
            Humans are not decended from the neanderthals, we are desended from a diff speices, can't remember it's name.
            sigpic

Comment

We are Homo Sapiens Sapiens

Neanderthals are Homo something else and they shoot off on evolutionary diagrams
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid

Stargate related?

I think he means Neanderthals (or however u spell it)!

But I don't see the SG connection!

EDIT: Ups, the last 3 post didn't load...
                Last edited by @Li3n; 04 September 2005, 02:24 PM. Reason: Ups, the last 2 post didn't load..
                Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Neanderthals are Homo something else and they shoot off on evolutionary diagrams
                  Yeah they were a dead end.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                    Yeah they were a dead end.
                    I didnt say it was a small genetic manipulation
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Stargate related?
                      Definition: proto- first in time, earliest

ProtoMan = Cyborg hero from the Megaman world, built before Megaman

Proto Man = primitive human

[Insert Funny]
                      I'd make a joke but its too late here
                      sigpic

Comment

actually, according to the history channel's special "ape to man", we homo sapiens killed the neanderthals cuz hey had rocks and we had pointy rocks and we didnt know they were our cousins so we killed them all.

Comment

We forced them to live in marginal (crappy) areas, so they died off.
                          sigpic

Comment

We are Cro-Magnon

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by csand36
                              We are Cro-Magnon
                              The Cro-Magnons form the earliest known European examples of Homo sapiens sapiens, the subspecies to which modern humans belong. The term falls outside the usual naming conventions for early man and is used in a general sense to describe the oldest modern people in Europe. The oldest H. sapiens (i.e. anatomically modern humans) first emerged around 100,000 years ago.

Cro-Magnons lived from about 35,000 to 10,000 years ago in the Upper Paleolithic period of the Pleistocene epoch. For all intents and purposes these people were anatomically modern, only differing from their modern day descendants in Europe by their slightly more robust physiology and brains which were about 4 percent larger than that of modern man. The Cro-Magnons could be descended from any number of subspecies of Homo sapiens that emerged from Africa approximately 100,000 years ago
                              Doesnt sound like it to me
                              Human beings define themselves in biological, social, and spiritual terms. Biologically, humans are classified as the species Homo sapiens (Latin for "wise man"): a bipedal primate belonging to the superfamily of Hominoidea, with all of the apes: chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans, and gibbons.

Biologically, humans are defined as hominids of the species Homo sapiens, of which the only extant subspecies is Homo sapiens sapiens.

Sorry about the crap pic couldnt find a decent one
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X