PDA

View Full Version : Re: 1st Scifi Series

AGateFan
September 4th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Yep I think Star Trek the Original will be most peoples... well most of us older peoples... was there any sci-fi series on TV before Star Trek?

EDIT: I should have waited 5 min to post. This is qasimjavid's thread.

Qasim
September 4th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Q. What was the first Sci-fi series you saw?

My answer is Star Trek: The Original Series

IMForeman
September 4th, 2005, 02:24 PM
The first one I remember seeing was the original Battlestar Galactica, which came on right around the time I was 8 or 9. I didn't see Star Trek until much later.

-IMF

Qasim
September 4th, 2005, 02:25 PM
This is qasimjavid's thread.Dam right it is :D j/k its not your fault

@Li3n
September 4th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Uau, u guys actualy remember! Me i don't really recall which, but it's either Star Trek TNG, Star Trek TOS or Space:1999. (reruns all)
Does "The milion dolar man" (the one with the bionic guy) count as SF? Or "Knight Rider" (KITT). Coz if they do it was one of those...

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 4th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Boy, I forget. So I'll take a guess. Star Trek: TNG

Qasim
September 4th, 2005, 03:22 PM
(reruns all)Same here I am too young to have watched TOS first time?

CatGoddess
September 4th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Star Trek: TOS was my introduction to sci-fi.

I hasten to add that I saw it in reruns, as I was born long after the last first-run ep was aired. ;)

Matt G
September 4th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Been into scifi in one form or another so long that I can't remember what exactly my first taste of scifi TV was, though I can remember getting addicted to Thunderbirds as a kid.

In terms of 'new'(at the time) stuff, well New Adventures of Superman(with Dean Cain) doesn't count as scifi though Babylon 5, which came in a few years later certainly does.

@Li3n
September 4th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Same here I am too young to have watched TOS first time?

Well tehnicaly they weren't reruns coz it was the first time they were shown in my country!

MarshAngel
September 4th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Star Trek TNG is the first I can remember. Although I think the Incredible Hulk may also have been in reruns at that time as well. Of course I've now had to rewatch TNG lately because I forgot the episodes I saw when I was a kid.

Atlantis1
September 4th, 2005, 10:02 PM
The first scifi series I remember are both Twilight Zone and Outer Limits in 1961.

Easter Lily
September 4th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Star Trek: TOS was my first... I'm not that old though... :p I watched afternoon reruns...
Followed by BSG:TOS and then Buck Rodgers... I think...

But when I was kid I watched everything that had space ships... I wasn't hard to please... and not much has changed. :D

Almost forgot about Space 1999... I remember watching it... but I don't seem to remember too much about it.

Easter Lily
September 4th, 2005, 10:18 PM
But the one I actually do remember seeing was the Original version of Battlestart Galactica. I was sooooo in love with the kid who played Apollo's son (Noah Hathaway - I think that was/is his name). I also had a thing for Apollo. :D
I liked Dirk Benedict/Starbuck... :D

SunKrux
September 4th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Q. What was the first Sci-fi series you saw?

I vaguely remember watching Star Trek: The Original Series with my mom when I was very little, even by then though I think it had already been cancelled so it was reruns some where.

But the one I actually do remember seeing was the Original version of Battlestart Galactica. I was sooooo in love with the kid who played Apollo's son (Noah Hathaway - I think that was/is his name). I also had a thing for Apollo. :D

tsaxlady
September 4th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon serials on PBS as a kid.

SlytherinGal
September 5th, 2005, 01:36 AM
The first sci-fi series that I remember seeing would be Star Trek: Original Series...I was like 5 or 6 at the time. I also remember the Orignal Battlestar Galactica...I can't remember how old I was tho.

Funny how I remember seeing those two shows and I am only 24 years old! Weird :S

MasySyma
September 5th, 2005, 08:17 AM
I vaguely recall watching Buck Rogers with my mother as a kid, but my first show that I paid attention to was ST:TNG.

Egeria
September 5th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Mine would be Star Trek TOS, Doctor Who and Flash Gordon. I remember loving Space 1999...though I can't really remember much about it.:)

1DanielForMe
September 5th, 2005, 07:17 PM
The original Battlestar Galactica. I still love that show, and I won't watch the new one, mainly for its refusal to give real props to its predecessor.

Madeleine
September 5th, 2005, 08:34 PM
My first TV memory is of Doctor Who. I watched Blake's 7 as well.

Piratejenna
September 6th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Doctor Who is my strongest memory, but I'm not sure if that was the first, or just the one that imprinted on my brain (yet another kid traumatised by the Daleks). I remember loving Time Tunnel when I was very young, and getting really interested in astronomy because one of the episodes revolved around Halleys Comet!

Darkstar
September 6th, 2005, 06:39 AM
hmm the first sci fi series or film i saw was defo space 1999 even thought i never relly watched it as a fan i remember a few things and how my dad used to take the mick for it being far fetched and i used to think about the year 1999 and if people would be in space ships but the frst sci fi series was voyager that was properly fan of TNG i had seen alot of but never watched it and the film first contact got me into the sci fi fold and since then its been hell ever since he he :D

Wyrminarrd
September 6th, 2005, 06:54 AM
I´m pretty sure that TNG was the first sci-fi series I watched as a kid (excluding all cartoon shows based on sci-fi themes). If there was one before it then I´ve long since forgotten it.

Tok'Ra Hostess
September 6th, 2005, 06:59 AM
The first SF series I remember seeing were Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space and The Time Tunnel.

FoolishPleasure
September 6th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Original Trek, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space as well. I also liked the original Outer Limits, but I think I saw reruns.

BruTak
September 6th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Dr. Who, circa 1974. The final ep of "Planet of the Spiders". Jon Pertwee regenerating into Tom Baker. Class in a glass... :D

Qasim
September 6th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Lost in SpaceThat used to come on scifi channel I cant believe I used to watch it - better than the film though

FoolishPleasure
September 6th, 2005, 08:03 AM
That used to come on scifi channel I cant believe I used to watch it - better than the film though
Hehe. .I saw it as a kid. .on network TV (CBS maybe?). Long before cable. ;) I couldn't stand Dr. Smith.

And TH mentioned "Time Tunnel". Watched that too!

I feel so OLD. *LOL*

Naeara
September 6th, 2005, 01:35 PM
I think my first one was Doctor Who. My Mom loves Sci-Fi and would watch all the shows and I would curl up and watch them with her. My memories are kinda vague but there's some BSG and Space 1999 in there. I do remember watching a lot of ST-TNG. :)

CeeKay Sheppard
September 6th, 2005, 03:02 PM
My first sci-fi series was Star Trek: The Original Series (reruns). In fact, my earliest memory is when I was two years old, sitting on my dad's lap watching "The City on the Edge of Forever".