This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine this

Since the Atlantis crew are going to be - more or less - cut off ... it would be fascinating if, for some bizarre reason, the Atlantis and SGC crews have a falling out - and Atlantis becomes independent, and to each, the other becomes more separate and more ... enemy-like ... in classic human form. It could become a replay of the colonization of America ... leading up to a declaration of independence for the Atlantis crew and their allies ...

If only there could be a Year 9 for SGC ... and this as the theme ... we could see two sides of the same conflict ... two versions of the other's intentions ... what a concept ... and SG-1 could be in the middle ...

Well, let's see - it took almost two HUNDRED years for the American colonists to declare independence (Jamestown 1607 - Declaration 1776) and this should happen with the Atlantis folks in less than two years?
    sigpic

Comment

I'm all for conflict and interesting plot/character development, but that's not something I'd particularly care to see. Not as a permament thing. Maybe more like how SG-1 has been at odds with Stargate Command from time to time. Might be kinda funny to see Jack on the other side of a team rebellion for once. Although for general purposes, it'd probably be better if it was SG-1 that did it.

Comment

I don't mean to be rude, but that idea seems just insane. Yeah, they will be cut off, but not permanently. And they would have no reason to do this. Plus, the writers and TPTB would never allow it. While I'm not trying to speak for everyone, I don't think it would be a very popular idea in the fans eyes.
        Rocky

Comment

Sounds interesting and nice. BUt it probably wont happen.

Comment

Yeh, It'd be cool, but i really don't see it happening, Humans are always the good guys
            sigpic

Comment

Hmmm that is an intriguing idea. What if they come accross a lot of stuff that really changes their viewpoints on things, in a way that is at odds with the current thinking on Earth? Suppose those two viewpoints meant they'd be in direct conflict?

The Atlantis guys might have a perspective that gives them a very different take on a particular situation, but they can't change the minds of the commanders on Earth, so they're forced to go it on their own. Earth declares them outlaws for doing this.

Sooooooo you could have very ambiguous situations. Who are the bad guys? The guys from Earth or the guys from Atlantis? What happens when they come into direct conflict? Would the Atlantean team be able to shoot at Earth teams? I mean, the guys from Earth wouldn't be baddies - as far as they're concerned they're doing the right thing.
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds like something to set up after SG-1 finally wraps so the two shows won't conflict plot-wise. It'd also make for more interesting possibilities for crossovers. Or more potentially interesting.

Comment

Working...
                X