This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Dr Weirs?

Is it just me? I was watching the "best of" marathon last night, and it just occured to me that the blonde chick who played "Dr Weir" in the first ep where she made her appearance as the new leader of SGC (Anubis coming to destroy earth) is a totally different "Dr Weir" than in the Atlantis series. Sup with that?

Yeah, it's a different actress. I think the Weir of SGA, Torri Higginson, has more presence than the one from Lost City, Jessica Steen, so the change I'm ok with, although it would've been better if they'd used TH from the beginning.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

They had TH playing weir at the beginning of season 8 aswell, they only used the blode woman end of season 7. Either that or working at the SGC dramatically changes a woman!

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
        Yeah, it's a different actress. I think the Weir of SGA, Torri Higginson, has more presence than the one from Lost City, Jessica Steen, so the change I'm ok with, although it would've been better if they'd used TH from the beginning.
        Ya it would've been better if TH played Dr. Weir from the begining,I didnt like JS playin Dr. Weir in lost city she was terrible at the role but thats just imo
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

yeah I like TH playing Dr. Wier. To me, TH is more authoritarian whereas JS is a pansy
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I agree with yens.

Last night was the first I've ever seen the Lost City episodes. I didnt like JS at all. She seemed like such a wimp.

Comment

I'm surprised that so many people didn't know that she was introduced with another actress in the position. In my opinion, the original Weir looked WAY too much like Carter, and I think having another blonde who is that smart and that much in command would be kind of repetitive. I don't mean that blondes can't have such positions (no offense to any who are reading this!), but it's nice to see a varied cast, and the women of Stargate (Weir, Carter, and Teyla) are all very different physically, mentally, and spiritually, which adds some lovely variety.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I liked JS much better as Weir then TH.

Comment

I believe the original plan was to have Woolsey in charge of Atlantis but when they changed their minds to Weir - JS didnt want to do a full series
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    I believe the original plan was to have Woolsey in charge of Atlantis but when they changed their minds to Weir - JS didnt want to do a full series
                    Really? that sounds kinda cool. I like Woolsey but don't think he could run Atlantis - can you imagine him offworld?

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                    In my opinion, the original Weir looked WAY too much like Carter, and I think having another blonde who is that smart and that much in command would be kind of repetitive.
                    Plus McKay wouldn't be able to help himself - her baing blonde and all
                    sigpic

Comment

spolier for atlantis series 2 episode 4-duet
                      Spoiler:
                      yeah theres always that but isnt katie brown a brunette and she is kinda his girlfriend

Comment

Wait until the episode called 'Grace under pressure'
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

I'm not sure if JS played Weir like a wimp, but the Weir in S7 of Sg-1 and the Weir of Atlantis do seem like two different people.

I wonder if JS didn't want to do the Atlantis spin-off or TPTB didn't want her to do the Atlantis spin-off.
                          Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                          1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                          2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                          3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
                            I wonder if JS didn't want to do the Atlantis spin-off or TPTB didn't want her to do the Atlantis spin-off.
                            From above:
                            JS didnt want to do a full series
                            love Torri

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that. Woolsey in charge would have been interesting!

I really like TH. JS never really stood out for me in that role, but then again she was only in a few eps and I guess we didn't see her reach her full potential. I'm glad they changed to Tori though.

Comment

Working...
                              X