This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Wraith not feed on humans?

i have absolutely no idea if it's possible, but, could there be a wraith who doesn't have to feed on humans that isn't altered by the retro-virus thingy? I mean, could a wraith survive on what we humans call food? is it possible? replies please
    RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

I've been wondering about that too. Haven't seen instinct but from I read it showed that wraith can't resist the urge to feed on humans, but they are supposed to be intelligent beings. I can't see why there can't be some good wraith that either resist the urges or don't have them at all because they are used to eating normal food or sucking the life from animals. I just find it hard to believe that sentient beings can't advoid killing humans to feed unless they don't care like the ones on the hive ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Patriotic Symbiote
      I mean, could a wraith survive on what we humans call food? is it possible?
      Check out the Atlantis Season 2 Episode: Instinct for all those answers.
      Spoiler:
      Both yes....and no. Wraith can survive on ordinary food as children, but once they hit the "teenage years", their body changes, ordinary food stops working for them, and they're forced to feed on humans in order to survive.

I'd usually like to provide you with some quotes from the episode transcript, but I can't find one right now....
      There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Spoiler:
        The wraith in condemed ate "human food" and said that it does not sustain him as humans do , ie. humans are the wraiths favourite food and we provide them with all the key vitamins an adult wraith needs to live a happy healthy life
        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

i saw Instinct,it was one of my favorite epis, but the wraith Elia had to feed on humans secretly to survive. what i'm wondering is if a wraith could in fact grow up and not have the need to feed on humans and just eat normal food like a human.
          RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

I'd have thought that it would be completely possible through natural mutations that a wraith could survive without feeding on humans, in the same way that there are/ have been humans which can resist being fed on (poisoning the well, they mentioned a man who was able to resist feeding).

The thing is what would happen to such a wraith, would they killed by their fellow wraiths?

Comment

Originally posted by tomchris45
              I'd have thought that it would be completely possible through natural mutations that a wraith could survive without feeding on humans, in the same way that there are/ have been humans which can resist being fed on (poisoning the well, they mentioned a man who was able to resist feeding).

The thing is what would happen to such a wraith, would they killed by their fellow wraiths?
              They would probably continue to feed on humans and pretend they were like every1 else on the hive ship so they could fit in. Unless they didn't agree with it enough to go and do their own thing. If the other wraith knew maybe they would lock them up!! The wraith would possibly get killed if he or she tried to start a rebelling over it.
              sigpic

Comment

You're just hoping for the wraith faction of "tokra" which isn't likely to happen this time around.
                Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by illuminarok
                  You're just hoping for the wraith faction of "tokra" which isn't likely to happen this time around.
                  oy. no i never thought of a Tokra version of the wriath but that would be cool.
                  RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

oy. no i never thought of a Tokra version of the wriath but that would be cool.
                    I agree, I would like that but if it does happen it won't be for a while.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomchris45

that actually makes sense, but that would also depend how fast they evolve, and i don't think a mutation like that would happen that fast
                      RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

that actually makes sense, but that would also depend how fast they evolve, and i don't think a mutation like that would happen that fast
                        It's not to do with how fast a species evolve. If a mutation like that is possible, then it could happen at random at anytime unless there's natural selection involved which would either speed up the process if it's an advandge or eliminate wraith with the mutation if it's a disadvandge.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wonder if Ford can only feed the Wraith Enzyme
                          Spoiler:
                          After what happened to him in The Siege, Part 3.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            I wonder if Ford can only feed the Wraith Enzyme
                            Spoiler:
                            After what happened to him in The Siege, Part 3.
                            He's not feeding on it, it's just an enzyme. He'll have to eat proper food to survive.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                              He's not feeding on it, it's just an enzyme. He'll have to eat proper food to survive.
                              Are you always this practical?
                              RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X