This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we got a chance?

if the orii are able to do almost anything, including maintain a wormhole intergalctically of a supergate, create a force field that uses our own tech against us, are haktars,can stop bullets and heal the world in a few second plus they can outwit and out preach daniel anyday then how are we ment to fight them.....i dont have any idea how we can win this unless the ancients fight for us. nobody can beat them, no one can stop them, and the ancinets dont care.....what now, ask gerak for help, hes gunna be great to laugh at isnt he!
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Pretty simple, Show them to Earth's secret weapons....McDonalds, KFC & Burger king with a topping of the Spice Girls. Enough to weaken anybody's resolve.

Comment

The Ori seem invincible right now and hands down their technology is millions of years ahead of the Taur'i but they must have some weakness and SG-1 will find it eventually.

Trying to beat them by building weapons won't work, they have a galaxy worth of resources to construct their invasion fleet. SG-1 are going to think their way out of this one.
      sigpic

Comment

Well the Ori, must have a weakness, and Sg-1 will find it don't worry, and i thought the asended, stopped people using there powers for there own/evil purposes.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

The ascended Ancients will probably stop the Ori themselves from using their ascended powers in the Milky Way, but that still leaves the Priors. The Priors themselves have some pretty impressive powers, and they're still flesh-and-blood humans, so the Ancients won't stop them from doing anything.
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Haven't seen S9 yet, can the priors do as much as the ori can? Sounds like the ori can do alot. Can't wait until I see S9 so I can see those supergates, sounds really cool. The goa'uld seemed invincible in S1 and when they were going to invade earth, there seemed like there was no way out, but sg1 always finds a way, they could defeat the repicators and Anubis when no one else could and the good guys always win, eventually.
            sigpic

Comment

The fact that it looks like their invincible is what makes this fun. Don't you want to find out HOW they are defeated at the end?

Comment

It's a double-edged sword, though. The Priors' seeming invincibility provides a good level of menace to them right now, but TPTB have to be careful not to make them so powerful that any eventual solution to the problem seems like a cheap plot device, like Jack's magical Ancient gun that disrupted Replicators.
                Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Orlin will assist us, as for the rest of the ascended, not just the Ancients, they will protect Earth from being destroyed in a single day, as the Ori are more than capable of doing. The Priors, they aren't invincible, if Vala had shot the Prior in the back he would have went down, the look in his eyes when Vala pulled her weapon, made me think that he needed to be prepared in order to stop those bullets, from putting holes in his nice Prior outfit. I want to see what the Doci is capable of, the Priors are advanced indeed, but they bow before him, what is his ability, or does he have many, maybe it is just out of respect, but I can't wait to see.

Comment

yes i guess we will find out how they will be defeated....

IN ABOUT 10 YEARS
                    it took 7 years for the humans to distroy the goauld and the replicators....

the ori are more powerfull they will defenetly take longer...

Comment

It took 8 years to defeat the goa'uld and about 4 years to defeat the replicators.
                      I hope your right about it taking 10 years to defeat the ori hopefully it'll take 15 cause then we'll have stargate for another 15 years
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Sol4rDust
                        yes i guess we will find out how they will be defeated....

IN ABOUT 10 YEARS
                        it took 7 years for the humans to distroy the goauld and the replicators....

the ori are more powerfull they will defenetly take longer...
                        It took 8 years to defeat the goa'uld and about 4 years to defeat the replicators.
                        I hope your right about it taking 10 years to defeat the ori hopefully it'll take 15 cause then we'll have stargate for another 15 years
                        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Maybe we could defeat them with Physics, I mean ascended beings are just Energy.

One idea would be to fight them with Anti Energy o_O like Matter vs Anti-Matter but that's just speculation and downright completely theoretical physics which I can't begin to comprehend (Yet.. Someday I will..) but it might work? (If Matter and Anti Matter make pure energy in a reacton, does Energy and Anti-Energy make matter?)

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            The fact that it looks like their invincible is what makes this fun. Don't you want to find out HOW they are defeated at the end?
                            I totally agree that having an seemingly "invincible" foe is real fun right now. It will just make it all the sweeter when sg-1 finally does come up with a way to repel them. In my opinion, it could take years (seasons).
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Whatazarian
                              Maybe we could defeat them with Physics, I mean ascended beings are just Energy.

One idea would be to fight them with Anti Energy o_O like Matter vs Anti-Matter but that's just speculation and downright completely theoretical physics which I can't begin to comprehend (Yet.. Someday I will..) but it might work? (If Matter and Anti Matter make pure energy in a reacton, does Energy and Anti-Energy make matter?)

or use anti-matter to unascend them?

Comment

Working...
                              X