This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why?

Why does flying a PJ in to a Hive Ship, to blow it up, have to be a suicide mission? Why can't they fly the PJ in there clocked, open the back door, gentaly push the nuke out, then fly off again? Blowing it up from a safe distance.
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Someone watched the last episode of BSG season 1

But most likely the Wraith ships were at war the hangars must have been crawling with Wraith soldiers
    sigpic

Comment

The nuke and person pushing it out wouldn't be covered by the cloak and unless the person or PJ got really close to the hive ship, which would make it a suicide mission anyway, without proper propulsion the nuke just pushed couldn't reach the inside of the hive ship.
      sigpic

Comment

Assuming that the Wraith have comparable sensors to Atlantis, a nuke suddenly appearing inside a ship would seem a little suspicious. I suspect that they could determine the location of the PJ if they knew generally where it was.
        Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

To Freyrs:

I can't give you any green jello (the system won't let me), but I can do this, for now......

Hope you have a great day!!!!!!
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate
            Why does flying a PJ in to a Hive Ship, to blow it up, have to be a suicide mission? Why can't they fly the PJ in there clocked, open the back door, gentaly push the nuke out, then fly off again? Blowing it up from a safe distance.
            If memory serves correct, the last time I recall the use of that tactic, it ended in disaster.

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo...

(for any without a clue…do self a big favor and view classic Dr Strangelove)
            Help! I'm standing up and I can't fall down!

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (PB)

Comment

Originally posted by nox2hed
              If memory serves correct, the last time I recall the use of that tactic, it ended in disaster.

*points to a sign marked "Please do not ride the Atomic Bomb"*
              sigpic
              I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
              'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
              'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMarioMan
                *points to a sign marked "Please do not ride the Atomic Bomb"*
                That would explain why Shep didn't use that tactic.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nox2hed

Hey the man in the second pic looks a bit like Don S. Davis lol
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

also the person pushing it out would be in a vaccum. They would have to wear a spacesuit and you would need at least two people.

Comment

Maybe that was Shep's plan all along
                      Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                      1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                      2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                      3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

If the person isn't careful, the nuke could go off straight away.
                        sigpic

Comment

because that would be way to easy.

its just like the Lord of the Rings alternative where instead of Frodo having to risk his life traveling to Mount Doom to throw the ring in the volcano was for Gandoff (however you spell it) to take the ring and ride one of his giant Eagles to Mount Doom and simply drop the ring into the volcano and hazzar! the movie would be over

and i would not pay 15 bucks for a movie like that
                          RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                            also the person pushing it out would be in a vaccum. They would have to wear a spacesuit and you would need at least two people.
                            how do you know theres a vacuum. common sense would be to have a force field to keep the vacuum out
                            RA BLESS AMERICA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Patriotic Symbiote
                              because that would be way to easy.

its just like the Lord of the Rings alternative where instead of Frodo having to risk his life traveling to Mount Doom to throw the ring in the volcano was for Gandoff (however you spell it) to take the ring and ride one of his giant Eagles to Mount Doom and simply drop the ring into the volcano and hazzar! the movie would be over

and i would not pay 15 bucks for a movie like that
                              My completely off topic response:

Ah! but there was a catch the ring corrupts all those around it, more so if they had magic powers. So if Gandalf or Galadriel took the ring they would be consumed by it.

Only the hobbits were immune to the temptation and even then it was only partly - look at what the ring did to Frodo at the end. I wonder why they didn't take the eagle atleast part of the way (assuming the ringwraiths had air superiority in Mordor)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X