This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea: Ancients still around

I had this great idea. I think it would be a great idea if there was one world where the Ancients were still around. Just one planet, and they are just lying low. They accepted their fate, and are just living their lives.

Here is my idea. There is this guy (he's an Ancient in human form, sort of like a maintenance man look), and his job is to go from one stargate to another and update the DHDs, do maintenance, whatever. The Nox, the Tollen, and the Asgard all know him well. He knows everything about every gate. He also knows which ones are useable, friendly, protected by forcefields, whatever. He normally throws this device through, like a micro-MALP, to let him know what is on the other side.

Anyway, for years, he has been trying to get to Earth, but he knows that there is an irus protecting it. So he finds an SG team, and watches them from a distance. When they are about to leave, he follows them to the gate, and he waits until they leave. Then just before the wormhole closes, he just walks up to it and steps through.

He arrives on the other side, and starts to examine the gate. Everyone is freaking out, pointing weapons at him, but he just continues to work on the gate. Soon he baffled to see that there is no DHD in this gateroom.

The SGC questions him, and he tells them of the Ancients long in hiding. He is friendly, and after learning of the destruction of Anubis, he offers to help them update their Stargate network map, and even goes on a trip to get the components needed to fix their DHD (the one that exploded when their retrieved Teal'c from the buffer memory). He also tells Amanda Carter what ALL the electrical codes mean that the DHD provides.

The conflict of the story is that Anubis and Baal has been looking for this man. He is the only Ancient that leaves the Ancients hiding place, and he is the only one who knows the Stargate network so intimately. Ball tries to capture the man during his expedition to retrive the DHD parts for the SGC, but in the end, the SGC actually get their goodies (for once, and not having their goodies vanish to satisfy some plot line), and the man leaves and goes back home.

Anyone like that idea?

Amanda Carter?=))))))))

Comment

Strange idea. Althoug I like the though of seeing a planet with them on
      __

__

Comment

Tollan? The dead Tollan? The dead Tollan not part of the Four Races?

And since the gate network maintains itself automatically (Avenger 2.0) your idea is unfortunately debunked

Comment

Also you mention the anceints in hiding there are no anceints in hiding ALL the either died or ascended(To the best of my knowledge this has been said in the offical canon). To me it looks like "Nikadiemus" came up with simple "mary-sue" fanficition idea and tried to pass it off as good idea for an episode.

Comment

Quite right, the Tollan are destroyed and blown away, or at least we are certain they are.

The gate networks autmatically confiqure themselves. Like if there's a problem like in Avenger they usually sort themselves out
            __

__

Comment

BTW Off topic, I suppose the .....the....Al'kesh that Jack took is siting somewhere in Area 51..? I think it is (the bomber that makes the BIG explosians)

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

the hyperdrive of the Al kesh is currently used by Prometheus

Comment

Quite right. So it's probably not functional properly but will still fly...slower
                  __

__

Comment

It would be cool if the Tollan came abck. Just like Nariam and a hand full of rebels. They contact the Tokra and they head to the beta site, and aid in the help of earth or something. They were good allies.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                      They were good allies.
                      When were the Tollan ever good allies?
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

They weren't an enemy, and thats all that mattered. Although the other parts of the tollan government didn't like the earthians, Nariam, and that old looking chick/judge did. Also, they did give us the blueprints to the ion cannons (which we should have made some of them by now). Not to mention they came to us when Skarra was in danger of being that Goa'uld forever.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

They weren't an enemy, and thats all that mattered.
                          The last time we saw them, they were plotting against us. Granted, it was against their will, but...
                          Also, they did give us the blueprints to the ion cannons (which we should have made some of them by now).
                          Did they? I thought they were just planning on giving us the actual cannons. Either way, they only did it because they knew the cannons were useless against Anubis' new shields.
                          Not to mention they came to us when Skarra was in danger of being that Goa'uld forever.
                          By Skaara's request, IIRC.

Comment

Well if your planet and its people were about to get completely eradicated, you think you would just say no? I think they (Tollan) had something up their sleeves to counter the effects of the will of the Goa'ulds.

Also, they gave us the entire blueprints. I think its just that we didn't have the resources to build the cannons. I think the SGC still has them.

You're probably right about Skarrra.

Comment

Well if your planet and its people were about to get completely eradicated, you think you would just say no?
                              Probably not, I'm just saying they never really gave us anything without having an ulterior motive for doing so.
                              I think they (Tollan) had something up their sleeves to counter the effects of the will of the Goa'ulds.
                              Certainly didn't look like it...
                              Also, they gave us the entire blueprints.
                              If you say so. It's been a while since I watched Between Two Fires and I might have forgotten/missed that part.

Comment

Working...
                              X