Firefly:u'r2 best characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly:u'r2 best characters

firefly- one of the best sci-fi shows out there, it ws unjustly cancelled, but i will always have fond memories of the show. there was an interesting on-going plot, the writing was great, switching between wity and dramatic, and the characters were really, REALLY good, so it got me thinking bout my two best firefly characters, all fo them are great, so it was pretty hard to choose, but here is the result:
    1.Mal Reynolds (obvious, i know, but he
    is great)
    2.Simon (there was just a kind of quality
    there, he was funny and was very well
    acted, and the plight he goes through
    trying to help his sister cements him as
    a great character, in my opinion

so i invite you all to vote for ur top two F-fly characters, and i bet most of u will vote for mal at number one as well...

But its just such a hard choice, I love them all. But at gun point I'd have to go with...

2- Jayne (sex, muscle, humor, thuggery, need I say more )

and at number 1- Wash (from the first moment I saw him playing with his dinosaurs, I was sold )

Although after seeing the film, Mal is definatly nudging his way up to the top of the list.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

But its impossible to pick just two characters! They're all so good!

Comment

I adore Mal... unashamedly and utterly... He is the quintessential antihero.. Everything in the series turns on what he decides and what he does... He teeters on the edge constantly and still manages to maintain a delightful sense of humour.

It's a hard one between Jayne and Wash... but I'm going with Jayne today... The man's a social buffoon... but I love him for it... Poor man, being the butt of so many jokes but probably deserves it. At times shows a surprising sense of nouse and at times even a rare sense of vulnerability.

But White Knight is right... they are all so good... a rare feat in television... 9 characters and all so different, so interesting...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

As much as I love Jayne to bits, I'd have to say my favourite characters are Simon and Mal.

Simon for his unwavering love for his sister and his shy awkward ways around Kaylee. The boy tries so hard.

And Mal, my god the angst and tortured soul. His brand of humour is also a big plus.

Comment

River is by far my favorite character.

Comment

1. Mal (i mean he's so damned hot... of course he's my top pic)

2. Wash (the dino thing was cute... i agree with that.)
              sigpic

Comment

1. Inara; she's a beautiful person. I think a lot of viewers don't give her much credibility, but there really is a lot to Serenity's resident courtesan. I hate the way Jayne treats her!

2. Simon; he's just a sweetheart!

Comment

1. Wash definately

2. Zoe

3. Inara
                  sigpic

Comment

Not the easiest of tasks you've put for us -- just two, huh?

After much deliberation, I'd have to say:

1 - Shepherd Book (he's just so cool!)
                    2 - Zoe (gotta love the "warrior woman")

Comment

But I love them all!

My top two (today anyway) are:

1. Mal
                      2. River

Comment

Mal is my absolute favorite.

I don't think I can choose a second favorite/best.

Wash, because he is so funny.
                        Zoe, just a good fightin' partner and funny.
                        Jayne, well, because he's Jayne.
                        Kaylee, because she's sweet without being typically sweet.
                        Book, love the way he throws the random words or widsom out there, rather they be spiritual or worldly.
                        Inara, very interesting and unusual character, and such a good pairing for Mal.
                        Simon and River add that link to the ouside world that creates different story lines.

I love this show and the whole cast.
                        sigpic
                        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

So gorram hard to choose!

Firefly - at the moment, I have a thing for Jayne & Book. But my opinion tends to be all bendy...

Serenity- I'd have to say Mal & River, but I guess that's because
                          Spoiler:
                          they tend to feature the most in the story.

Sig courtesy of InvisibleGirl
                          Proud to be an Aussie - the Calling all Australians thread.

My incredibly boring blog!

Comment

It's hard to say overall.
                            Coolnes factor 1:Jayne, 2:Mal
                            People I want to watch 1:River, 2:Mal, 3: Simon

So I guess Mal
                            The 360 is out in Aus and I'm playing
                            Mal: Was that the primary buffer panel?
                            Wash: It did seem to resemble-
                            Mal: Did the primary bufferpanel just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent rerason?

Comment

Tricky. I'd rather pick a top five . But my top two are probably Zoe and Wash. I love it that they're married and so in love. And I love how they've made her incredibly strong without emasculating him.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                              X