Stargate Horizon HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Horizon HELP!!!

Is this or is this not a television series?? are there actual episodes being aired on TV for us to watch????

i mean they talk about the first 22 episodes ending in May and about season 2 "airing" and then there is this "virtual" cast consisting of some cast members from the hit show '24'. some1 explain to me what this is all about and if it is in fact a television series if i can buy the first season to watch!

Originally posted by faz
    Is this or is this not a television series?? are there actual episodes being aired on TV for us to watch????

i mean they talk about the first 22 episodes ending in May and about season 2 "airing" and then there is this "virtual" cast consisting of some cast members from the hit show '24'. some1 explain to me what this is all about and if it is in fact a television series if i can buy the first season to watch!
    It's not a television show. It's a fan-based series of stories written in a television script format. The learn more, go here...
    http://www.stargatehorizon.com/

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by faz

It's not a TV show - its a Web show.

Basically the team behind Horizon put out a new 'episode' every week. They have season finales and everything. Season one ended in May and the team have been working on expanding the project while on their 'hiatus' and now the team is coming back with season two.

Does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
        It's not a television show. It's a fan-based series of stories written in a television script format. The learn more, go here...
        http://www.stargatehorizon.com/

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
        Stargate: The Horizon is ok.
        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by faz

You should have put this in the part of the forums that say STARGATE: HORIZON...

Comment

I can't believe how many bloody times this question has been asked! I mean there are tons of places, including the SGH website, that clearly in plain simple english states that SGH isn't affiliated with MGM studios and is therefore NOT a bloody TV show. Why are people too lazy to look things up before posting? I mean no disrespect to anyone by this post but I do wish that this post wouldn't show up like 10000 in this and the SGH forums simply because it is redundant and pollutes the boards. Boy do I feel that I am going to chased by an angry mob with lit torches after this post!
            Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
            ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
            <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

I'm right behind you, holding the mob back with my Zat!
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by StevetheWraith!
                I can't believe how many bloody times this question has been asked! I mean there are tons of places, including the SGH website, that clearly in plain simple english states that SGH isn't affiliated with MGM studios and is therefore NOT a bloody TV show. Why are people too lazy to look things up before posting? I mean no disrespect to anyone by this post but I do wish that this post wouldn't show up like 10000 in this and the SGH forums simply because it is redundant and pollutes the boards. Boy do I feel that I am going to chased by an angry mob with lit torches after this post!
                dude when i first learned about Stargate:Horizon i went to their site and was still confused. the fact is they have done such a good job it is confusing at first to many people, especially less net sazy people. so instead of being an ass to a newbie with a simple question why dont you just answer it or direct them to where the answer can be found.

Comment

Originally posted by StevetheWraith!
                  Just relax there matey. If the people behind Horizon put an obvious "this is NOT a TV show but a fan produced series of stories" disclaimer on the main page then there would be no need to call other members of the forum "lazy". Oh yeah, and it might stop the "redundant" and "pollutive" posts.

In other words, next time you see a "is Horizon a TV series" post or thread, take a deep breath, and post something to clarify it or don't post. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by faz
                    I have a feeling that this could get out of hand really quickly...

To answer your question Faz, Horizon is a fan produced series and has nothing to do with Stargate the TV shows in anyway...

I realise that it can be confusing and we ask that people have a look at the SG:H primers here and here. Also try the offical site. If you still have any questions then fire away, we don't mind

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    dude when i first learned about Stargate:Horizon i went to their site and was still confused. the fact is they have done such a good job it is confusing at first
                    I'm going to take this a compliment and hope you mean we have done such a good job with the web site that it looks professional...

Rest assured we are working on a FAQ - it's taking longer than I first thought- and will be on the site soon to answer all your questions - I hope...
                    Sam....

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalAscended
                      Just relax there matey. If the people behind Horizon put an obvious "this is NOT a TV show but a fan produced series of stories" disclaimer on the main page then there would be no need to call other members of the forum "lazy". Oh yeah, and it might stop the "redundant" and "pollutive" posts.

In other words, next time you see a "is Horizon a TV series" post or thread, take a deep breath, and post something to clarify it or don't post. Simple.
                      Hey mate. 1st of all I am not here to flame or disrespect anybody but I will say this. I have my beliefs, and you have yours. However, saying that I can't/shouldn't post is way out of line here. I can post whatever I want just like you can, thats the beauty of forums. You don't need to take it personal and end up flaming other people. I have seen faaaar worse posts than mine over here. Ever been to the Sg-1 Season 9 threads? Thanks for the constructive criticism though
                      Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                      ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                      <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

STW, I didn't mean to offend, and yeah I know everyone has their own ideas and beliefs on here. I guess I should have clarified my "dont post" comment by saying "don't post that people are too lazy type comments". It just stems from seeing so many personal arguments pop up from seemingly innocuous comments like that I guess. Thanks for being civilised and not starting on me yourself mate

Yeah, those Season 9 threads can be pretty intimidating.

Anyway....... <dragging thread back on topic> Horizon is a fan based story arc as explained by many already

Comment

I do agree that a big honkin' disclaimer might be best. I understand that it can be confusing, and I was also confused at first, but admit it, it can get a bit annoying.
                          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan
                          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                          X