Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ORI theory!!! (you guessed it, spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ORI theory!!! (you guessed it, spoilers)

Alright, after many hours pondering my theory here i will explain it to all of you fine gateworlders.

The Ori consumer ascended beings. They in themselves are possibly a race who half ascended or are a race composed of a different kind of energy. This is why they force their followers to ascend!!! They need the sustainance that ascended beings provide. It gives them more power. This whole theory sounds a lot like the plot from Star Control 1-3 but bare with me. So the ori have written a small book on the basics of ascension and when you die, the give you a little tiny push into full ascension and consume you for as long as you last. This is the only logical explanation for why they want people to ascend!!!

Anyone have any thoughts, I know Qasimjavid always has something to say.
    Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
    Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
    Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
    Vicious

Distinctly possible...

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious
      Alright, after many hours pondering my theory here i will explain it to all of you fine gateworlders.

The Ori consumer ascended beings. They in themselves are possibly a race who half ascended or are a race composed of a different kind of energy. This is why they force their followers to ascend!!! They need the sustainance that ascended beings provide. It gives them more power. This whole theory sounds a lot like the plot from Star Control 1-3 but bare with me. So the ori have written a small book on the basics of ascension and when you die, the give you a little tiny push into full ascension and consume you for as long as you last. This is the only logical explanation for why they want people to ascend!!!

Hmm, a few thoughts.
      1)If they eat ascended beings, how can they help others to ascend?
      Presumably, ascended being ala Oma do not need sustenence, or at least they don't canabalise each other.
      So if the Ori are half asceded, why not just ascend, rather than teaching others, then eating them.
      2)If they ate ascended beings, wouldn't they have found our ascended ancients and devoured them long ago?
      Still not a bad theory!

Comment

My theory needs some work, so i'll continue to explain.

There are many levels between here and ascension.

The ori simply aren't on a level that is equal to the ancients. Either they know or they don't want to fully ascend due to some reason, or stay where they are to have power rather than deal with ascended ancients. Maybe they have a goa'uld complex. Maybe some worship provides them with nourishment. Anyway, when they ascend a person it is not a full blown master-the-universe ascension i will call this level 1 ascension. The Ori are proposedly a level 2 ascension. Oma is a level 4 ascension, as well as anubis. And the oldest ancients are probably somewhere at a level 6 or 7 ascension. Level 2 ascension requires nourishment in the form of energy. And as we have seen in the past, if you are a lower ascended, you can not touch a higher ascended, this was shown in Oma's face off with Anubis last season(was that last season?).

By the Ori helping a lower ascend to a level 1 ascension they can then feed off of them and sustain themselves.

Tiersches Verhalten

Vicious

Comment

cannibles!
          speeling is consequecetial aslogn as yuor poitn gets arcoss

Comment

Is that spanish for Cannibals?

Tiersches Verhalten

Vicious

Comment

I suppose I could go into detail, but I'll just confine myself to saying, "Awesome Theory!"

Comment

My theory needs some work, so i'll continue to explain.

There are many levels between here and ascension.

The ori simply aren't on a level that is equal to the ancients. Either they know or they don't want to fully ascend due to some reason, or stay where they are to have power rather than deal with ascended ancients. Maybe they have a goa'uld complex. Maybe some worship provides them with nourishment. Anyway, when they ascend a person it is not a full blown master-the-universe ascension i will call this level 1 ascension. The Ori are proposedly a level 2 ascension. Oma is a level 4 ascension, as well as anubis. And the oldest ancients are probably somewhere at a level 6 or 7 ascension. Level 2 ascension requires nourishment in the form of energy. And as we have seen in the past, if you are a lower ascended, you can not touch a higher ascended, this was shown in Oma's face off with Anubis last season(was that last season?).

By the Ori helping a lower ascend to a level 1 ascension they can then feed off of them and sustain themselves.
                Hmm, still many holes.
                1)If level 2 need to feed off level 1's, how do any get to level 2??
                2)Why don't the higher levels simply stop them?
                I mean, if I'm reading you right, higher levels have more power. It's made clear that our Ancients are hiding from the Ori, not fighting them.
                Why would they hide, since they would obviously be stronger
                3)Umm, if you mean when Daniel couldn't touch the ancient, that was cause seh didn't want him to. It's not conclusively proven that's cause she was higher.
                Daniel wasn't fully ascended, but he touched both Oma and Anubis.

Comment

I wouldn't call it the only logical explanation, there's got to be several Anyway, your theory is not without some reason. In the Atlantis episode "Hide and Seek" the energy being had to eat or liked to eat naquada reactors and even people! Or did it just it just injure them I forget, oh that's right, the only people that looked tasty were those that were not major characters! Anyway, did you get the idea from that episode?
                  Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                  1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                  2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                  3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Lightsabre,

Q: If level 2 need to feed off level 1's, how do any get to level 2??
                    A: Same way you get to level 6. I think it has to do with how you ascend but i'm still pondering that.

Q: Why don't the higher levels simply stop them?
                    A: That would be interferring.

Q: I mean, if I'm reading you right, higher levels have more power. It's made clear that our Ancients are hiding from the Ori, not fighting them.
                    A: The Ori know that the ancients exist and where they are, the whole hidden galaxy is a tptb plothole. (how in the hell can you hide a galaxy, daniel is wrong)

Q: Umm, if you mean when Daniel couldn't touch the ancient, that was cause seh didn't want him to. It's not conclusively proven that's cause she was higher.
                    A: Had daniel been more ascended(correct term usage?) he could have overpowered that ancient. i.e. level 6.

Q: Daniel wasn't fully ascended, but he touched both Oma and Anubis.
                    A: Oma let Daniel do that, and they were both on similar levels.
                    Some levels have some powers, others don't. Daniel was ascended but on a lower plane. Both Anubis and Oma were visiting this lower plane to see daniel, well anubis was there to see oma. i.e. Daniel threatened to destroy anubis and the level 6's stopped him. Anubis's ascension level is like a level 4. When daniel first ascended in season (5,6,7?) he was a level 4.5 or 5. He had alot of power and wanted to use it.

My theory is pretty cool so far.

Tiersches Verhalten

Vicious

Comment

Lightsabre,

Q: If level 2 need to feed off level 1's, how do any get to level 2??
                      A: Same way you get to level 6. I think it has to do with how you ascend but i'm still pondering that.
                      My point was, if lvl 2's eat lvl 1's soon there are no level 1's. So how do you get new lvl 2's??
                      Q: Why don't the higher levels simply stop them?
                      A: That would be interferring.
                      That doesn't actually make sense. The ancients won't interfere on our plane, UNLESS another ascended being does.
                      But they seem to have no qualms interfering on the ascended plane(Oma, Chaya, Orlin ect)
                      Q: I mean, if I'm reading you right, higher levels have more power. It's made clear that our Ancients are hiding from the Ori, not fighting them.
                      A: The Ori know that the ancients exist and where they are, the whole hidden galaxy is a tptb plothole. (how in the hell can you hide a galaxy, daniel is wrong)
                      Hmm, I'm gonna pretend you didn't say this. Basically. the ancients aren't hiding the galaxy, they are hiding the fact there are human civilisations in it.
                      Daniel isn't wrong. I'll remind you of cannon rules. It's said in the show, it's cannon.
                      The ancients were shielding our galaxy.
                      Q: Umm, if you mean when Daniel couldn't touch the ancient, that was cause seh didn't want him to. It's not conclusively proven that's cause she was higher.
                      A: Had daniel been more ascended(correct term usage?) he could have overpowered that ancient. i.e. level 6.
                      Or she could have just not wanted to be touched. Occam's razor, the simplest soloution is the most likely.

Q: Daniel wasn't fully ascended, but he touched both Oma and Anubis.
                      A: Oma let Daniel do that, and they were both on similar levels.
                      Some levels have some powers, others don't. Daniel was ascended but on a lower plane. Both Anubis and Oma were visiting this lower plane to see daniel, well anubis was there to see oma. i.e. Daniel threatened to destroy anubis and the level 6's stopped him. Anubis's ascension level is like a level 4. When daniel first ascended in season (5,6,7?) he was a level 4.5 or 5. He had alot of power and wanted to use it.
                      Ok, so Daniel, who wasn't even fully ascended in 'threads'(that's a lvl 1 in your terminology) was the same level as Oma, who you've pegged as a lvl 4.
                      So not even fully ascended, Daniel was as powerful as someone who's at lvl 4??
                      that does not make sense.
                      Also in 'threads' Oma says that SHE is the one who stopped Daniel, not 'the others'. Or at least, she led the charge.
                      Also, how does the lvl 6's stopping Daniel fit in with your assertion above that them stopping hte ori would be interfereing??
                      Moreover, you maintain an order to ascenion, lvl 1 then 2, then 3 and so on.
                      Are you saying in a couple of months, Daniel went from lvl 1 to lvl 4??
                      That seems unlikely.
                      My theory is pretty cool so far.
                      That's your opinion. Like I said, it's not bad, but it's fulla holes.

Comment

Bravo

I will only say that the way to get more level 1's is to ascend them yourself. i.e. telling them when they die they will ascend.

Tiersches Verhalten

Vicious

Comment

You're wrong, it isn't the only logical explanation. Maybe after they ascend you, assuming you followed their religion, you become one of the Ori. This is all speculation because we just don't know if they keep their promise and ascend their Priors.

Comment

You just proved your own theory to be incorrect when you stated that Anubis and Oma are on the same level. Anubis was ascended fully, than brought back down about halfway. Oma is fully ascended, and Anubis is not.

Comment

Daniel was fully ascended. What makes you say he wasn't? Just because he wasn't an original Ancient?

Comment

Working...
                              X