This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution to the Wraith?

With the Daedalus acting as intergalactic shuttle and a giant ZPM... why don't they just relocate as many humans out of the Pegasus Galaxy as they can? That way the Wraith will starve to death... and those that make it out of Pegasus will just get lost searching.

Ooh yeah, and letting loose that ascended dog on any remaining ships would be a good idea - freak the hell out of the Wraith left. I think that they should be on the run from us.

Hell, we could probably just fly puddle jumpers into their docking bays, leave a nuke and fly home.

Heres a better solution and it makes a better story, this: or this:.
    A picture is like a thousand words
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
      Is that Ronon on the left? At first I thought it was a lion with a gun! ROFL
      But, Yeah, I like the ideas, there's another one though that's been tossed around, Maybe I'll start a thread on that idea too
      Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
      1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
      2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
      3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Cool!!!! Where did you get them from? The one on the right is more of a solution for the wraith. As for taking ppl out of the PG, there's so many it'll take ages and then earth willl have to find them places to live instead of finding a way to defeat the wraith. Also the wraith would get suspicion if so many civilisations start disappearing and the Daedalus is not so big, it fits on a peir on Atlantis. Also most ppl probably won't want to leave for their own reasons. As for the PJ theory, there's not enough for all the hive ships and if the wraith finds a to stop them, there won't be any PJs that can be used to fight them left.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
          Cool!!!! Where did you get them from? The one on the right is more of a solution for the wraith.
          lol... I thought i added the site to my favourites, but its not there, ill have to go through my history to find the site. I'll post it as soon as i find it
          Originally posted by Dr Weir
          As for taking ppl out of the PG, there's so many it'll take ages and then earth willl have to find them places to live instead of finding a way to defeat the wraith. Also the wraith would get suspicion if so many civilisations start disappearing and the Daedalus is not so big, it fits on a peir on Atlantis. Also most ppl probably won't want to leave for their own reasons. As for the PJ theory, there's not enough for all the hive ships and if the wraith finds a to stop them, there won't be any PJs that can be used to fight them left.
          Agreed, most ppl will not want to leave their homes and we cant go about destroying pj's their to beautiful

P.S Thanx for the green

Comment

The link for the Stargate SG1 & Atlantis smillies is http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies.htm there is also BSG smillies

Comment

easiest way of gettin rid of the wraith would be to do what the trust did with the gould with the nerve gas accept use the stuff the hoffin ppl have

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

I apologize, but if people aren't willing to leave Pegasus in favor of a better life, they deserve to be eaten. Even the Ancients left, why stick around if your are just going to be plagued by an enemy like the Wraith.

I wouldn't want the Wraith to discover that energy being just yet, they could begin researching ascension, and then the Ancients would not only have the Ori to deal with, but also the ascended Wraith, still it would be fantastic to see what an ascended Wraith would look like.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                  I apologize, but if people aren't willing to leave Pegasus in favor of a better life, they deserve to be eaten. Even the Ancients left, why stick around if your are just going to be plagued by an enemy like the Wraith.

I wouldn't want the Wraith to discover that energy being just yet, they could begin researching ascension, and then the Ancients would not only have the Ori to deal with, but also the ascended Wraith, still it would be fantastic to see what an ascended Wraith would look like.
                  It's an acknowledged part of many people's philosophy that running away is giving up -- not mine though. I'm all for running. I'm like the Ancients that way -- However, relocating the population of Pegasus may as well be an open invitation to the wraith to the Milky Way. They'll be far more motivated to come up with a solution to the hyperdrive problem very fast and I'm sure they'd accomplish it.

The best way to relocate large populations, ironically would be in a hive ship, several of them, modified with hyperdrives. Either that or an Ori supergate.

An ascended wraith would probably resemble a big ball of glowing green energy. It would be interesting to see whose side they'd be on in the ascended realm. I'm not going to automatically buy into the theory that they'll join the Ori.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient

Relocatting the entire population of a galaxy is practically impossible - there must be 100s if not 1000s of Billions in Pegasus
                    sigpic

Comment

I really doubt there are that many people. There are 6 billion people on Earth and the Wraith who ate Sumner said their feeding ground hadn't been that rich in years. They cull every fifty years or so and in their recent culling, since they are all awake they've done so to a greater extent than usual. I'd guess there are mere thousands and at the maximum a few million on each planet. Some planets are completely abandoned.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

we the reason there are 6 billion people on earth is because we arn't being culled every 50 or so years. And there must be 10's of billions of humans in the pegasus galaxy, and when the wraith mean say 'our feeding ground has never been so rich' she is refering to the whole galaxy, not just earth. A solution to the wraith, we gather as many wraith + there ships to a planet near a sun, then do what sam did, dial the black hole planet, using the zpm to power the gate, then disconnect the zpm, coz the black hole will power it, then throw it into the sun, and bye bye wraith, and an idea for the x-304's (the dealalus and her sister ships), why don't we take the weapons off goa'uld motherships, and attach them to our ships, and kick some wraith butt, what about attaching the zpm into the weapon systems, and then attacking the wraith ships, that would be good

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

I like the idea of fitting goa'uld weapons onto the Daedalus, are they far more superior than the nukes?
                          sigpic

Comment

The link for the Stargate SG1 & Atlantis smillies is http://www.thescifiworld.net/smilies.htm there is also BSG smillies
                            Thx, I would give you more green but have to spread more rep around first.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beale947
                              we the reason there are 6 billion people on earth is because we arn't being culled every 50 or so years. And there must be 10's of billions of humans in the pegasus galaxy, and when the wraith mean say 'our feeding ground has never been so rich' she is refering to the whole galaxy, not just earth. A solution to the wraith, we gather as many wraith + there ships to a planet near a sun, then do what sam did, dial the black hole planet, using the zpm to power the gate, then disconnect the zpm, coz the black hole will power it, then throw it into the sun, and bye bye wraith, and an idea for the x-304's (the dealalus and her sister ships), why don't we take the weapons off goa'uld motherships, and attach them to our ships, and kick some wraith butt, what about attaching the zpm into the weapon systems, and then attacking the wraith ships, that would be good
                              The Milky way is significantly larger than Pegasus. As you say, we aren't culled every fifty years. However my opinion still stands. There may be billions in the Pegasus ( not 100s or thousands of billions) as I said a few thousand to million per planet . There are less planets however, even if they are in the hundreds or a thousand of them.
                              If you take Teyla's people for example they settle close to the gate and travel;The genii manage to hide portions of their population, hard to do with a large population. if similar behavior holds for other planets, and they go through war like Ronon's peeps, periodic cullings, disease, natural disasters etc. there really shouldn't be too many people. If there were 2 million people per planet on a thousand planets, that would still only amount to 2 billion people.

Furthermore, we have no reason to believe the Wraith got information about the entire Milky Way from Sumner. He and She specifically refer to earth and Earth alone. Anything else is speculation... unless I missed something.

That being said. If there were hundreds of billions of people in the pegasus, the Wraith wouldn't have much to worry about. All they'd have to do is cull down to the minimum needed for future growth (around 6,000 per planet?) and go back into hibernation for another 10,000 years. If we take away their meals they're going to be forced to do something drastic like a galactic wide suicide plan to take us and them out in one shot. Or develop hyperdrive and get to earth. Neither would be good for us.

I think one of our best options is Beckett's retrovirus if it works. Human wraith would be much easier to kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X