Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode #918 - "Arthur's Mantle" (thar be spoilers!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode #918 - "Arthur's Mantle" (thar be spoilers!)

Courtesy of SG1_SPOILME

The first spoilers on....

STARGATE SG-1: “Arthur’s Mantle”
    Episode 918

A follow-up of sorts to “Babylon”. Sketchy details thus far…

Sam and Mitchell find themselves in a bit of a pickle when they shift dimensions (which of course renders them invisible to the folks around them). LEE and Daniel witness this disappearance, but have no answers. While it’s rather frustrating for Mitchell (he can’t grab any food), he soon realizes he can go after Volnek.

Meanwhile, Teal’c, MAJOR HADDEN and his team, SG-9, arrive on the planet Sodan, which has apparently been attacked by one of their own. Dead Jaffa are everywhere. It seems VOLNEK is responsible for this carnage. Teal’c finds a portable cloaking device that would enable him to see anybody else using one.

Guest characters include MAJOR HADDEN, HARRIMAN, DR. LEE, CONWAY, STEVENS, LT. MCKENZIE (the latter 3 are SG soldiers), HAIKON (Jaffa).

--thanks to ‘ferret’ for the tip

--all information subject to radical change, etc.

Sounds pretty trippy. It's going to be one of those eps. I wont like untill I see it.

Unless they release more info to not make it so trippy.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Sounds like the Crystal Skull episode
      sigpic

Comment

I have one simple question, who the heck is
        Spoiler:
        Volnek
        ?
        sigpic
        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
          I have one simple question, who the heck is
          Spoiler:
          Volnek
          ?
          Hmm, perhaps SG-1's version of Voldermort??

SPOILER ANSWER
          Volnek is a Sodan warrior, Jolan's brother, who appears in the SEptember 9th episode "Babylon". You see him in the ads talking to Daniel (think he's the guying lying in bed)
          END SPOILER ANSWER

Comment

Ah, thank you. I actually haven't seen the clip for the next episode and it's not on the scifi site.
            sigpic
            In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

More detail spoilers here
              http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/forums/...showtopic=1796
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Spoiler:
                Any episode that has to do with other dimensions, or phase shifting I like, still I don't completely understand why Volnek would attack his own people, unless the Ori influence that was spoken of in the "Babylon" spoilers, is the reason. Another thing, why is the episode titled "Arthur's Mantle?"

Comment

Sounds like a crappy episode. You'd think they would come up with better ones and not have so many fillers for a last season. Psh.
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Sounds pretty damn good to me. I thought it was too much of a "Crystal Skull" rip-off at first, but there's enough other stuff going on that it sounds interesting despite that. TPTB seem to be making a habit of copying old plots and playing it off by referencing the original episode that had the plot, though: first "The Intruder" referenced "Entity," now this one's gonna reference "Crystal Skull" and Daniel's experience. Fun for a time, but they've gotta watch it before they overdo it.

Anyway, I'm most looking forward to
                    Spoiler:
                    how Mitchell is gonna use his invisibility to hunt Volnek down. Sounds like we could see a whole new side of him through that, perhaps not unlike Teal'c in his "Jaffa revenge thing" days.
                    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                      Anyway, I'm most looking forward to
                      Spoiler:
                      how Mitchell is gonna use his invisibility to hunt Volnek down. Sounds like we could see a whole new side of him through that, perhaps not unlike Teal'c in his "Jaffa revenge thing" days.
                      Heck, yeah. I would love to see BB play that part. Sounds like a pretty decent episode to me.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe the title has to do with the device. A quick google search makes me more sure of it. Here's one thing I found on a page about Arthur's weapons, etc:
                        This was the last of the thirteen treasures of Britain. It is described as follows: -

the mantle of Arthur in Cornwall. whoever was under it could not be seen, and he could see everybody.
                        Pretty much all the other references I found for it say about the same. Definitely sounds like that could be a description of the effects of a phase shifting device.
                        Edit: or possibly of the cloaking device mentioned in the Pegasus Galaxy spoilers.

Comment

Thanks Avatar28.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes, thanks Avatar28! How big is the planet, months journey back to the Stargate, there are so many pieces to this episode.

Comment

The planet wouldn't have to be big at all to require several months' journey to get back to the Stargate. Remember, all the SG teams go to new planets on foot. If you just left the state of Colorado on Earth, it'd probably take you months to walk back to the SGC and the Stargate.
                              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Working...
                              X