This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Beaming Technology

I wonder if McKay Zelenka can transform the wraith beamer into a portable device then they wouldnt have to shoot a wraith to capture them they can just beam it then take it back to Atlantis! That would be so cool!!! Or they could find a way for it to teleport instead of capture and put them on the puddle jumpers unless the puddle jumpers already have teleportation build in it, its just that no one knows yet.
    Attached Files

It would be nice to outfit the puddle jumpers with wraith capture beams. Though, I don't see that happening because SG-1 doesn't exactly have Goa'uld technology other than staffs, zats, and the various thing here and there. The rings don't count, because I'm fairly sure that the ones that we do have have been salvaged from various Goa'uld vessels and what not that we have ran across.

EDIT: Post #100!
    Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Puddle Jumpers, what about the F-302's having Wraith beaming technology, beam up a few Wraith, then enter hyperspace.

Comment

Yeah using it would be really helpful. Maybe if the Daedalus has to fight more hive ships it could be used to beam nukes instead of the asgard technology that the wraith worked out how to stop. They might not be able to counter those beams or at least it might work for awhile. The technology looks too complex to be made into a hand device, it needs the stargate to work properly at the mo.
        sigpic

Comment

It seems as if the Wraith technology requires line of sight. We always see that beaming cone emerge from whatever is doing the beaming. I'd say the asguard technology is far more advanced since it can go through whatever.
          Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
            It seems as if the Wraith technology requires line of sight. We always see that beaming cone emerge from whatever is doing the beaming. I'd say the asguard technology is far more advanced since it can go through whatever.
            The wraith could beam more wraith into Atlantis in the seige part 2.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
              The wraith could beam more wraith into Atlantis in the seige part 2.
              Which we never saw them do. For all we know they beamed them to the surface of the city and they walked into it. For all the times we've seen the wraith beam things, its always been line of sight.

Edit: If they could beam up through things, why not just bring a cruiser into orbit and start beaming up the population?
              Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

We did see the Wraith beam into the city. It was only on the outside, though, because they couldn't beam through whatever Atlantis is made of.
                JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                LANDRY
                : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

I don't know about that. I thought they had beamed into parts of the station before. This time they only went to the outside because that's where people were.
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

The Wraith teleported into the city were carried in Darts and then "dropped" onto the balconies - remember in Siege Pt.2 at the end when Ford gets ambushed
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X