• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Sabine C. Bauer (Author)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    FAN'S FICTION
    GateWorld talks with author Sabine C. Bauer

GateWorld talks with SG-1 novelist Sabine C. Bauer, author of the just-released "Trial By Fire," about her journey from fan fiction author to published novelist.

READ MORE ...

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Cool!

Thanks, Darren!

GateWorld's interview series has been excellent -- really appreciate all your hard work.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

That's one great interview! The "Lightbulb Moment Award" goes to whomever came up with the idea to interview Sabine on the new book. This really was one of the best author interviews I've read. She spoke so articulately about her writing process and her understanding of the characters.

Gateworld comes through yet again! Thanks.
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

That *was* an interesting interview. I've been toying with ordering the book (would have to import via amazon.uk) mainly because I think it's cool that they're using fanfic writers for this series. May have to give it a go.

P.S. Had to laugh at her line about Teal'c being in a terminal state of kelnoreem in fanfic. I haven't read that much fanfic but poor Teal'c seems to end up with his candles a lot.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

This really wasn't discussed in the interview, but can anyone tell me why Fandemonium (sp?) isn't allowed to sell the books in the US and, I assume, Canada?
          Slainte
          "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

I've alwasy wondered how you guys pull this off? You guys like know everyone. Do you have like Carter and Teal'c on speed dial?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
              This really wasn't discussed in the interview, but can anyone tell me why Fandemonium (sp?) isn't allowed to sell the books in the US and, I assume, Canada?

I don't thikn she's privy to the machinations of MGm and their licensing agreements, although quite honestly, I think it's nonsense, but it's possible it has something to do with the previous SG1 books by Ashley McConnell. It's possible that publishing company (whoever they were) still retains rights to distribute SG1 books in the States.

Comment

Amazon.com won't even list it.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Fandemonium's license with MGM doesn't include North America, for reasons only MGM can explain.

Their are new things afoot in the North American publishing area, though. More to come when we can figure out what it is!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

it's my understanding that the reson there's no books in north america is because of Roc's previous license adn stuff resulting from that.

so it's all in the hands oflawyers and the such

It's my impressin that fandy would love to sell them to whomever, whenever they can.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X