This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Wraith have a name?

I know it's a bit late to be asking the question (if it hasn't already been asked) but "Wraith" isn't usually the kind of name a species gives itself. It's the kind of thing your victims give you.

Did the wraith give this name to themselves or adopted the label their victims give them?
    The wraith have been secretive about themselves thus far. We only have an official name for one of them. Do you think they have an original name that we'll discover or will we be sticking to 'wraith' for the next six seasons or so like the "Ancients"?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

I don't think they have names. That's why they don't answer Sheppard, when he ask for their name.
    sigpic

Comment

or perhaps their name is like a military designation e.g tk-421

Comment

but we can now change calling the anicnet ancients to altera/alterian if we want, i kinda like the name altera, reminds me of somthing but i dont know what...

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          I know it's a bit late to be asking the question (if it hasn't already been asked) but "Wraith" isn't usually the kind of name a species gives itself. It's the kind of thing your victims give you.

Did the wraith give this name to themselves or adopted the label their victims give them?
          The wraith have been secretive about themselves thus far. We only have an official name for one of them. Do you think they have an original name that we'll discover or will we be sticking to 'wraith' for the next six seasons or so like the "Ancients"?
          "Wraith" probably isn't the name they use for themselves - the wraith are very secretive and we may be some time before we findout their true name.

his is just another example of how the wraith are very different enemies than the Goa'uld. While the Goa'uld based their strength on enslaving humanity the Wraith don't care what we think of them. Goa'uld lie and manipulate to get people to serve them, the wraiths only use for humans is as food, the Goa'uld seem to have an inferiority complex constantly trying to elevate themselves beyond a parasite in a victims body. The Wraith on the other hand "Know" that they are superior.

To them they exist to feed and humans exist to be fed upon - their are no illussions there, just ruthlessly efficient killers
          sigpic

Comment

I wondered about that too, they probably call themselves something else. I also wondered if the wraith have individual names. I think Elia (haven't seen the ep) was a name the human father gave her. They have got to have their own names through, don't know why he wouldn't tell Shep it, not like it would do anything to him if he did or it was intel.
            sigpic

Comment

I just had another idea, but it's probably really really unlikely. What if the ancients when they first discovered the wraith learned their name and then told some human cultures and it spread.
              sigpic

Comment

yeah they have names bob and steve

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                  Maybe Shep was the first to give them names, so those are the right ones!
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah he will all ways be rememberd as bob and u cant forget steve

Comment

Originally posted by captain keys
                      damn it, I wanted to post their names first. O'well.
                      Bob and Steve. There has to be a Pat out their somewhere to.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Heh...out of all of SGA episodes so far, that was my favourite scene:

Sheppard - "Do you guys have names?"
                        Wraith - "I am your death, that's all you need to know."
                        Sheppard - "I'm gonna call you Steve."

My theory is, since their motivations seem to be culling humans to feed on, they don't really need individual names as such - since they can communicate telepathically, that might be good enough.

As for their name...it was probably just a name the Alterrans (ancients) gave them when they encountered them, and maybe after the Wraith forced the Alterrans to abandon Atlantis, they adopted it kind of like a badge of honour...

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                          damn it, I wanted to post their names first. O'well.
                          Bob and Steve. There has to be a Pat out their somewhere to.
                          You forgot Greg. And I'm guessing this last one form Instinct is probably Calvin, Cal for short.

I think they do have individual names. It's hard to berate someone without a name and that just sounds like something they might do to one of the grunts. But I don't introduce myself to cows and chickens and I still wouldn't if I were stuck on a farm with no one else around so I doubt they're going to tell us their names anytime soon.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Insects worked in groups and don't behave like individuals, the wraith are bug like or bug descendent, i think they pretty much work the same way, as a colony, which makes me think that if they don't work as individuals they probably have no personality and/or names

Comment

You wraith a good question

Wraither or not the human hosts, named the Wraith “the Wraith” in a fit of wraith, or wraither as they wraithsted away while wraithing to have their now wraithless lives drained awraith.

Ultimately, tis naught but wraith of time.

Which wraithes another question…

Batguano, if that really is your name…

Help! I'm standing up and I can't fall down!

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (PB)

Comment

Working...
                              X