This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Hoffans (Spoiler)?

I've been wondering this for sometime, but what became of the hoffans (from PoW)? I would love a S2 ep where the team go back to find out. I don't see why they shouldn't. I know they refused to help out anymore which was underdstandable, but just out of curiosity or just in case there's a reason when they get there for them helping out they should. Maybe they'll be the allies in the last S2 ep. Any thoughts?
    sigpic

When the Wraith find out about their drug - they will destroy their planet
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      When the Wraith find out about their drug - they will destroy their planet
      Its bad to believe in genocide... but since these are the people responsible for Steve's death: lets hope so!
      Ses
      James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

That is if their planet wasn't destroyed by the wraith already.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

I think the end of the episode implied they were blown to smithereens.
          You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
          And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Well, on the SG Atlantis website, before they did their redesign and got rid of the annals of the curator, there was a not so subtle reference to the wraith having come across one of their herds that was diseased and they had to be wiped out lest their infection spread to new herds.

I think it was meant to answer any questions about the fate of the Hoffans.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Interesting MA - I guess we wont be seeing them again then
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                Well, on the SG Atlantis website, before they did their redesign and got rid of the annals of the curator, there was a not so subtle reference to the wraith having come across one of their herds that was diseased and they had to be wiped out lest their infection spread to new herds.

I think it was meant to answer any questions about the fate of the Hoffans.
                I remember that and it was referred to as a plague, but maybe it was the Hoffans and the wraith either didn't know about the drug or didn't want to admit it in the journal. Might be why it was destroyed rather than allowing the population to recover so the wraith will have more food.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                  I remember that and it was referred to as a plague, but maybe it was the Hoffans and the wraith either didn't know about the drug or didn't want to admit it in the journal. Might be why it was destroyed rather than allowing the population to recover so the wraith will have more food.
                  I think the writer of the annals was deliberatly non-specific as to who and what to make sure no possible plot lines were completely closed while allowing readers to have a complete ending.

But even if they were refferring to another group of people it establishes a mode of behavior. If the Wraith find something wrong with their meal, they aren't going to return it and choose another, they burn down the restaurant. It's safe to say that the moment the Wraith visit the planet, the whole population will be/was wiped out.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                    It's safe to say that the moment the Wraith visit the planet, the whole population will be/was wiped out.
                    Maybe so, but this leaves open the idea that they call for help as they are destroyed. Or maybe they're allied with the Genii, with whom they have a lot of similarities, and that forces our reinvolvement.

Comment

Originally posted by RalCaladan
                      Maybe so, but this leaves open the idea that they call for help as they are destroyed. Or maybe they're allied with the Genii, with whom they have a lot of similarities, and that forces our reinvolvement.
                      That sounds exciting but I don't there's anyway for them to contact sga because of the sheild on the gate. Forming an alliance with the genii sounds possible but of course the genii will always have their own motives.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, lets see…

Believe Dustin’s still acting

Abbie’s political career ended with his demise in’89

And Jimmy, the location of his remains, remains to be a matter of great speculation to this day

Help! I'm standing up and I can't fall down!

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (PB)

Comment

What????????
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by nox2hed
                            Well, lets see…

Believe Dustin’s still acting

Abbie’s political career ended with his demise in’89

And Jimmy, the location of his remains, remains to be a matter of great speculation to this day

What are you talking about?!!Are you sure you got the right thread?
                            sigpic

Comment

I cannot believe this little whimsical intent on a pun on words was so totally lost. It was the first thought that popped into my mind upon reading the header….
                              Re: What happened to the Hoffans (Spoiler)?

Dustin Hoffman – Actor (hope don’t need further explanation)

Abbie Hoffman – Former ‘Yippie ‘ political activist’

Jimmie Hoffa – Former infamous Teamsters Union official, murdered

Must just be me.
                              Help! I'm standing up and I can't fall down!

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (PB)

Comment

Working...
                              X