This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti Teyla/Ronon Dex ship - Possible spoilers for SGA S2 on

UGH !! The idea of Teyla and Dex makes me ill and I'm going to be puking if it occurs as being rumored x !!
    That's just too predictable and too nauseating to consider and totally gross ..
    I guess I'm in the minority but I'm dreading the DreadLock Man and if hiring him is the best TPTB can come up SGA is either hard up or has no idea of what to do due to this guy makes me cringe not looking forward seeing him on SGA but oh well SGA had it made but now when the ratings spiral we can thank the addition of the mediocre Actor who plays Dex and can watch as the DreadLock Man starts alienating viewers who tune it to see the SGAers who are responsible for making the series successful not some teeny-bopper bozo who may have muscle but lacking any brain cells ..
    Gimme Sheppard and McKay anyday over this cosmic CLOWN ..
    I heard the cast was saying all these great things about Dex.. well sorry but that's not encouraging since praising the new guy is expected and interesting how TPTP are pimping Dex but hardly anything on Caldwell except little blurbs but nothing like the hype on Dex .. makes me wonder why all the extra propping in needed and makes me wonder if TPTB know maybe Dex could end up being a total disaster ?..

Pam

Ouch...I'm sorry I disgree with you in every way possible . Except for Teyla+Dex...I want Teyla+Hermod, and Sheppard/Chaya .

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by John&Teylaalltheway
      UGH !! The idea of Teyla and Dex makes me ill and I'm going to be puking if it occurs as being rumored x !!
      That exactly how I felt about rumors around the first season when they suggested Sheppard and Teyla could ship. Way too predictible to hook up the lead male character and alien female character. And after seeing the first season, I'm glad they didn't 'ship them. The chemistry is great for friends and teammates, but horrible for romance.

We haven't seen Dex at all, so we can't really say anything about the idea of 'shipping them other than it's still predictable cause it's two main characters. At least Dex and Teyla have some common bonds to work with, both having spent much time surviving the Wraith.

Personally, I hope they stay away from this shipping stuff. It's a cheap generic storyline that rarely adds to characters. Look what the romance stuff did to Sam. She went from the strong military/scientist that could kick a Mongolian's butt while wearing a crazy dress to a emotionally needy woman that suddenly couldn't stand on her own without some kind of romantic interest. The only good story element it ever really produced was "Divide and Conquer", and that could have been better if it was just Jack and was more about him becoming too attached to all of his teammates (this can be a problem in the real military). Could have been much like the TNG episode where Troi is trying to pass her command test, but keeps failing cause she wouldn't allow Holo-LaForge to do something that would saved the ship but cost him his life.

I realize by your name that you probably won't hear of anything that doesn't suggest Shep and Teyla should get married and have lots of part-Wraith kids with the ATA gene, but you should at least try to let the character stand on his own merits. And remember that the scifi is about the conflicts and the science, not the romances. That's why we have soap operas.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by hungrytrash
        Ouch...I'm sorry I disgree with you in every way possible . Except for Teyla+Dex...I want Teyla+Hermod, and Sheppard/Chaya .
        Yeah, Shep and Chaya have that "want to but can't" strife going. Makes for deep meaningful emotional conflict.

I say Hermiod and Weir. Though it'd be cool to see Hermiod as "just one of the guys" hanging out with McKay and Zelenka. Hermy could pants Kavenaugh (Asgard-style, beam them away) when he starts whining to Caldwell about how Weir ran stuff. An Asgard commiting pranks? Never!
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm dreading the DreadLock Man and if hiring him is the best TPTB can come up SGA is either hard up or has no idea of what to do due to this guy makes me cringe not looking forward seeing him on SGA but oh well SGA had it made but now when the ratings spiral we can thank the addition of the mediocre Actor who plays Dex and can watch as the DreadLock Man starts alienating viewers who tune it to see the SGAers who are responsible for making the series successful not some teeny-bopper bozo who may have muscle but lacking any brain cells ..
          Gimme Sheppard and McKay anyday over this cosmic CLOWN ..
          I heard the cast was saying all these great things about Dex.. well sorry but that's not encouraging since praising the new guy is expected and interesting how TPTP are pimping Dex but hardly anything on Caldwell except little blurbs but nothing like the hype on Dex .. makes me wonder why all the extra propping in needed and makes me wonder if TPTB know maybe Dex could end up being a total disaster ?..

Pam
          I was going to reply to your rant about the "cosmic clown" you so endearingly call the Dreadlock Man (sic). The correct spelling is dredlock, btw.

However, upon careful reflection, I've decided that discretion is the better part of valor, anything I say, wouldn't change a mind that is already quite closed, and yours is sealed tighter than Fort Knox. Your loss.

BTW, the actor you are flamming is named Jason Momoa, he is the same age as Rainbow Francks, not a "teeny-bopper bozo", as you so colorfully put it.
          Last edited by Lida; 06 July 2005, 02:24 PM.
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
            That exactly how I felt about rumors around the first season when they suggested Sheppard and Teyla could ship. Way too predictible to hook up the lead male character and alien female character. And after seeing the first season, I'm glad they didn't 'ship them. The chemistry is great for friends and teammates, but horrible for romance.

We haven't seen Dex at all, so we can't really say anything about the idea of 'shipping them other than it's still predictable cause it's two main characters. At least Dex and Teyla have some common bonds to work with, both having spent much time surviving the Wraith.

Sorry but bonding hardly paves the way for budding romance and to be honest I prefer the opposite attract formula romantic stuff which is why I think John & Teyla makes a viable coupling but if not John & Teyla I'd settle for Teyla & Beckett and or Teyla & McKay LOL
            I simply do not think Dex is impressive and it seems too forced all this hype around him and nonstop pimping & propping .. If you see the TV Guide article very little is hinted at about Caldwell but plenty about Dex and all the nonstop promos are creeping me out ..

I realize by your name that you probably won't hear of anything that doesn't suggest Shep and Teyla should get married and have lots of part-Wraith kids with the ATA gene, but you should at least try to let the character stand on his own merits. And remember that the scifi is about the conflicts and the science, not the romances. That's why we have soap operas.

Actually I do NOT want any Sheyla marriage or children but would enjoy a flirty relationship and angstsy stuff but no soapy stuff since soap operas are predictable and IMO trying out Teyla and Dex is predictable stuff ..

Pam

Comment

no soapy stuff since soap operas are predictable IMO trying out Teyla and Dex is predictable stuff
              Just curious - how is Teyla / Dex any more predictable or soapy than Teyla / John?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                I was going to reply to your rant about the "cosmic clown" you so endearingly call the Dreadlock Man (sic). The correct spelling is dredlock, btw.

Cosmic Clown is an apt description of the CHaracter IMO LOL and yup I'm aware of the correst spelling and deliberately chose DreadLock since Dex is a Dreadful Character having the dredlock look so merely put my own interpretation on him thereby using DreadLock Man LOL

However, upon careful reflection, I've decided that discretion is the better part of valor, anything I say, wouldn't change a mind that is already quite closed, and yours is sealed tighter than Fort Knox. Your loss.

I do not consider it at any loss but thanks for your consideration and appreciate the concern but trust me I am not losing any sleep over the loss ..

BTW, the actor you are flamming is named Jason Momoa, he is the same age as Rainbow Francks, not a "teeny-bopper bozo", as you so colorfully put it.
                Really ? Rainbpw looks manly and mature while Jason looks immature and a wanna be Rambo but not quite acheiving the goal and looks pathetically childish but ..

Pam

Comment

First off take a deep breath and count to ten...
                  Ok calm? fine then...

there is NO WAY of knowing how Ronon Dex will turn out

We don't know anything about Dex so we can't judge him yet, save the proclammations of how terrible a character is until after you have seen the new episodes

Most importantly please try and not make comments on an actors ability based on the look of his character. I'm sure Mr. Mamoa is a fine actor

All the extra hype is an attempt by TPTB to head off all the hostility from fans who perceive Fords change of status is a slight against the character/Rainbow Francks

Finally don't you think that you may be a little biased against Dex, you'll never like him if you are hostile from the get go because he could POTENTIALLY get in the of your favored ship, that kind of mindless hate gives fans a bad name

I'm not anti-ship but I haven't seen any on Atlantis yet, Sheppard obviously trusts and cares about Teyla but I don't think it's romantic and it might never be. Likewise I don't ship Sheppard/Weir because I don't see it. If Teyla and Dex have chemistry and it plays out well on screen then I'll be all for it.

Weren't you the creater of the Anti-Sheppard/Weir thread who threathened to stop watching the show if John/Teyla didn't happen, If so why the you start threads like this its like your deliberatly trying to annoy the other shippers and the non-shippers. If so, I'm sure you wont be missed if John/Teyla doesn't happen
                  sigpic

Comment

Really ? Rainbpw looks manly and mature while Jason looks immature and a wanna be Rambo but not quite acheiving the goal and looks pathetically childish but ..

Pam
                    I'm not going to get into an argument with an obviously unarmed person.

If you chose to dislike someone, without ever seeing them act, in the role you are so lamely are putting down, fine. Since you so obviously detest this actor, for what ever bizarre reason, don't watch SGA, and you won't have to see him. Easy, huh?

As for a Teyla/Shep ship? Not going to happen, nor is a Teyla/Dex ship. In fact, I hope NO ships come in at all, SGA harbor closed!
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                      Just curious - how is Teyla / Dex any more predictable or soapy than Teyla / John?
                      Because Teyla & Dex seems forced and folows the traditional soapy format of bringing on a new character and immediately start hyping him up by pairing him with somebody on the show establishing the Character before you even get the know anything on him ..
                      John & Teyla are the opposite attract formula and although both are in leader position each one has their own personality and their relationship seems natural not predictable in my eyes but in others it is ..

As I stated I'm for any shipping which has originality which is why I'm open to Teyla & Beckett, Teyla & McKay, and even Teyla & Bates but my first choice would be John & Teyla of course ..

Pam

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        As for a Teyla/Shep ship? Not going to happen, nor is a Teyla/Dex ship. In fact, I hope NO ships come in at all, SGA harbor closed!
                        Well, the Daedalus is coming in. And personally, I wouldn't mind a few Asgard ships showing up. And there is Aurora.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

TO ALL:

Remember to respect other posters which means not patronising them, goading them, getting angry with them for disagreeing...

Madeleine
                          GW Moderator

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                            Ok calm? fine then...

there is NO WAY of knowing how Ronon Dex will turn out.

We don't know anything about Dex so we can't judge him yet, save the proclammations of how terrible a character is until after you have seen the new episodes

Most importantly please try and not make comments on an actors ability based on the look of his character. I'm sure Mr. Mamoa is a fine actor

All the extra hype is an attempt by TPTB to head off all the hostility from fans who perceive Fords change of status is a slight against the character/Rainbow Francks

Finally don't you think that you may be a little biased against Dex, you'll never like him if you are hostile from the get go because he could POTENTIALLY get in the of your favored ship, that kind of mindless hate gives fans a bad name

I'm not anti-ship but I haven't seen any on Atlantis yet, Sheppard obviously trusts and cares about Teyla but I don't think it's romantic and it might never be. Likewise I don't ship Sheppard/Weir because I don't see it. If Teyla and Dex have chemistry and it plays out well on screen then I'll be all for it.

Weren't you the creater of the Anti-Sheppard/Weir thread who threathened to stop watching the show if John/Teyla didn't happen, If so why the you start threads like this its like your deliberatly trying to annoy the other shippers and the non-shippers. If so, I'm sure you wont be missed if John/Teyla doesn't happen
                            Thank you. The phrase 'don't judge a book by it's cover' comes to mind, but that's so cliche. Point is, stop trying to judge people by, what, their photos? If I did that, when I saw those scowling McKay photos I would have hated him before the first ep instead of loving his character to death as I do now. Wait to a few eps come out before judging any characters, maybe your mind will change.

And could we at least argue with some punctuation in our posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                              Ok calm? fine then...

there is NO WAY of knowing how Ronon Dex will turn out

Touchy aren't we LOL
                              IMO if Sheyla doesn't happen I 'm ok with it and if Shep & Weir does I'll adjust eventually but Dex really just turns me off plenty and I'm so not into the beefy and bulky image and much prefer Sheppard, McKay, and so forth but if Dex is the kind of guy you enjoy .. that is cool with me but he is not my cup of tea ..
                              I think it is funny you're getting upset LOL
                              My advice CHILL OUT and life goes on ..

Pam

Comment

Working...
                              X