Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marina Sirtis recalls stuff about Trek

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/news/...ntent=e082613A

Marina Sirtis soothed the troubled minds of humans, Klingons, shapeshifters and many others on Star Trek: The Next Generation, serving as ship's counsellor Deanna Troi for seven seasons.

She says the entire cast was in awe of classically trained actor Patrick Stewart, who played Capt. Jean Luc Picard, but they never let him know it. "We ridiculed him more than anybody else in the cast. We just made fun of him constantly. We called him Old Baldy."
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I was watching an episode of TNG yesterday, the one where they go back in time and meet Guinan for the first time. There was that whole scene where he's pretending to put on a play to distract the land lady for hitting them up for rent and all I could think was: how does he manage to do this with that voice and everything and not make it all look ridiculous? he was just so adorable... bad choice of words but it's how I felt at the time.
    He's a really a great actor.

Old baldy? That's just wrong! It's not many a white english guy who can do the whole shiny pate thing and not have people think: leukemia.

They were obviously intimidated by his subtle sex appeal

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Hey, I'm famous! My names Marina!

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

ROFLMAO - OK then MG

I remember that ep MA
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Did anyone see him in Extras the other day? He was priceless.

Madeleine

Comment

Quote Of The Week : 'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend, and you don't watch Star trek? Good Lord...'

Comment

Originally posted by sg1_david
              Quote Of The Week : 'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend, and you don't watch Star trek? Good Lord...'
              rofl!!! No truer quote than that

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

he was relly funny in "extras" the other day just goes to show how good an actor he is, he does prefere stage plays and so on that under the lights and camera but he is superb in both i say!
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

That had to be the best Extras of the series. Brilliant!

Comment

Patrick Stewart was the only thing redeemable in that show. so i can see why everyone was in awe of him.
                    Save us from danger, save us from evil
                    Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by twiggy
                      Patrick Stewart was the only thing redeemable in that show. so i can see why everyone was in awe of him.
                      That's not entirely true; Data was great as Spock...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        Did anyone see him in Extras the other day? He was priceless.
                        I was out and missed it! I was gutted!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          That's not entirely true; Data was great as Spock...
                          yes, data was awesome. (imo, he was better than Spock.) absolutely no offense intended for Spock-luvers. Spock is well, Spock.
                          Save us from danger, save us from evil
                          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by sg1_david
                            Where the heck is that quote from?

~Sarah
                            Call me Sarah . . .
                            • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
                            • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
                            • Trek forever!

Comment

Originally posted by startrekempress
                              Where the heck is that quote from?

~Sarah
                              Extras, on BBC2 last week. It was an okay series. Very well acted but the humour didn't get to me often enough.

PS was playing himself, but the 'himself' on the show was a character with the mind of an affable thirteen-year-old boy in a fantasy world. His scenes were smashing.
                              Last edited by Madeleine; 03 September 2005, 09:18 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                              X