This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disscuss your fics here if you'd like!

Im just wondering the reason what ever it is you chose to write your fic, what gave you the idea to do it, was it something in your life or did you one day decide on the idea from your head?

i ask this not to ask the writter where he/she gets their insperation from as such but to discuss either the title of your fic and what meaning it has on the story and how the ideas in the fic came about?

i would write my explanations right now but i have to shoot but i will come back later to disscuss it should any fic fans or writters wish to share their thoughts on the matter.
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

I get some from watching eps. This works on my Power Rangers fics. For Stargate, it could be caps from the show, or something that was said by a character in a ep.

In some cases i do get a whole plot line, but as i get down to write it, it just doesn't seem to flow well on the paper as it does in my head.

For example.

My current WIP Called is "Pretty in Pink" I got the idea from Colin Cunningham pic wearing a pink shirt , but its based on Stargate.

(this is what kinda thing you are hoping for DS?)

Comment

for sure, this is good i hope more people can post theirs.

i know the feeling when a story feels right in the head but on paper it falls short, still i do change my fics that i am in the process of writting pretty much every time i go back to then, not drasticly mind you just a lil here and there but some fics write themselves i a way, deeper the reflection pretty much was the easy fic, its almost finalised and i may get it beta read but that follows the mould of many sg1 episodes but towards the end it evolves into a story with my own style and then on for the rest of the stories that i am in the process of writting up.
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Most of mine come from my head after watching eps. I usually have the whole thing thought out before I start writing, and then if it looks okay on screen, it gets posted. However, inspiration can also come from real life & experiences. And, in my case, television programmes
        "Dad, what's the blowhole for?"
        "I'll tell you what it's not for, Son. Then you'll understand why I can never go back to SeaWorld." ~ Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I got the idea for "Swear Not by the Moon..." from a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine fic I wrote six or seven years ago. I borrowed the aliens from myself, added a little of the ancient mythology I read, and a plot bunny was born. I decided on the title after writing the prologue, in which the moon visible from Atlantis plays a large part. It's part of a quote from Romeo and Juliet ("Swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon..." etc.).

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I pretty much draw my inspiration from anything, from hearing a song on the radio, to a line from something I've read, to an image I've seen.

My three published SGA fics all came from very different things...

'Tied Up' came from a still posted in JFT, and a desire to write something a little naughty for a change...

'The Last Day of Our Acquaintance' is actually a title of a Sinéad O'Connor song, though the lyrics had no bearing on the theme of the fic...it was purely the title that prompted the idea...

'Everybody Hurts' is a slightly harder one to explain - the title is fairly obvious, it comes from the REM song, but there was a slightly more personal motivation for writing that fic, though I had intended for what is Chapter One to be a stand-alone one-shot fic...it was elaborated on purely by request of the few people I originally showed it to...

As to WIP, I am currently expanding on 'The Last Day' with some background pieces and further extension of the story line...and I'm also writing a dark piece, which has a working title of 'Mea Culpa'...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
              for sure, this is good i hope more people can post theirs.

i know the feeling when a story feels right in the head but on paper it falls short, still i do change my fics that i am in the process of writting pretty much every time i go back to then, not drasticly mind you just a lil here and there but some fics write themselves i a way, deeper the reflection pretty much was the easy fic, its almost finalised and i may get it beta read but that follows the mould of many sg1 episodes but towards the end it evolves into a story with my own style and then on for the rest of the stories that i am in the process of writting up.
              I really don't like that, when a good plot fails to become alive on paper. But I do enjoy it when the fic, starts to write itself in you head

I rather write angst and drama...which is more of my style. I did write humoe, i think for me it didn't come across well but fanfic.neters love it. that what counts I guess

I still have few WIP from like....two years ago I can't seem to have them finshed...bummer

Comment

For me it could be anything, mostly I write what I really want to see on the show. But is really hard to explain where the ideas come from. Muse attacks me most while I'm in the movies, on vacation, out with friends, traveling, anything and everything.

My first fic, I honestly don't know what inspired me to write it, the title Feels like Fading, came up because it was the first thing that popped into my mind at the moment. Later I tied it up, because the OC introduced in that fic, her name was Amara and it meant unfading. So I thought it was a nice little touch.

Now, Missing in Action, well the title was pretty obvious, someone was missing. But the plot, came because one night I was listening to the song Down with the Sickness by Disturbed. And that song always gave me the impression of someone fighting with other personalities. So that night it took another form and became an Atlantis fic.

I have two others, called "To see her again" and "Don't go" which were inspired by songs, and I molded them into what the song meant. The first one was inspired by the song, "Volverte a ver" (To see you again) from Juanes, which is basically almost a love letter from a soldier to a loved one. and the second was inspired by the song, "Tu" (You) from Shakira, which talks about a couple that was appart for some time and now they're together. These two are shippy, but it touches more the angsty side of love.

My other fics, came up, first from my desire to see my favorite ship couple together. And just to think of ways in which the Atlantis crew manages to get away with stuff and find the best way to have fun.

Comment

i like to have the titles for y fics to sum perhaps the majority of my stories i intend to write fully.

i think the most cryptic title so far is "Deadlands" deadlands is the sort of nickname of the town in which the jaffa warrior crash lands, being a small rural town it seemed appropriate to name it that to fit in with the following:

1. a slight play on the idea that the main character is alone on this primative planet earth, compared to the space fairing Goa'uld with ships and a multitude of planets amoungst the stars.

2. the town is small and the majority of the farming is kept down following a heatwave that affects the other characters leaving them relatively poor and in a way suffering a depression of work and leading boring lives untill the crash in which the fic follows all these people in their strugle.

also this fic had the most title change in the last month, i had the insperation from various sci fi genres but tried my best to steer the story away from such cliche's as startrek twiglight zone and taken of course, but i think it works well and is wrot into the 10 story arc better than i thought it would when i started, any way im harping on a little.

lets keep the thread going!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                    i like to have the titles for y fics to sum perhaps the majority of my stories i intend to write fully.

i think the most cryptic title so far is "Deadlands" deadlands is the sort of nickname of the town in which the jaffa warrior crash lands, being a small rural town it seemed appropriate to name it that to fit in with the following:

1. a slight play on the idea that the main character is alone on this primative planet earth, compared to the space fairing Goa'uld with ships and a multitude of planets amoungst the stars.

2. the town is small and the majority of the farming is kept down following a heatwave that affects the other characters leaving them relatively poor and in a way suffering a depression of work and leading boring lives untill the crash in which the fic follows all these people in their strugle.

also this fic had the most title change in the last month, i had the insperation from various sci fi genres but tried my best to steer the story away from such cliche's as startrek twiglight zone and taken of course, but i think it works well and is wrot into the 10 story arc better than i thought it would when i started, any way im harping on a little.

lets keep the thread going!

oh sounds nice.

I have title for some fics, but no plot panned out. oh well......

Comment

I've been looking back over some of the other things I've written...

"Plague" simply sprung from my wish that "Thirty Eight Minutes" hadn't ended (it's about the aftereffects of the encounter with the Iratus bug).

"Safety Glass" is simultaneously a prequel and a sequel to Beanie's fic "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance". In discussion of "The Last Day" on the Shep whumping thread, people were clamoring for a prequel. Beanie mentioned that there would be no prequel unless somebody else wanted to write one, so I did.

"Behind the Façade" came from my inability to leave a good relationship alone... I love emotional whump.

I have one more on the back burner (until "Swear Not by the Moon..." is finished) that I've labelled "Karma" – I call it a label because that's not going to be the title. I have no idea where it came from; it's very dark and cynical.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Lets see, I'm not much of a fanfic writer, but now and then I get my creative juices flowing. Most recent is my first Smor fic, which you can find at FF.com (link in sig* and you'll also find an embarrasingly unfinished trilogy..yeah...still working on that one "All Is Silence" Then a slightly Sam/Ba'al shippy one.

I'm currantly working on an EVil Thor/Replicarter fic and and Sam/Daniel fic. Then I may go on to write some other less shippy drama's and things. I'm a big fan of crossovers - particularly X-files/SG-1 crossovers. I WAS planning this one huge crossover fic starring X-files/Pretender/Roswell/Atlantis/SG1/Monk/Alias, but that one....could take some time.
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I get my story ideas two ways:

Either a story will come to me right as I'm going to sleep, or I'll be listening to a song and it will give me an evil, inescapable plot bunny.

"Numb" came to me, in it's entirety, as I was about to go to sleep after a long. long day, and insisted that I write it. I typed it up, and only made two minor changes to it before I posted. I like it when it works out that way.

"Starry Configurations" came from a Jets to Brazil song, and then it became a Ford piece because it just had to.

I have one I'm working on now, tentatively titled "Third Planet" after the Modest Mouse song that created the bunny. It'll be an unhappy little Sheyla if I can ever finish it and find a beta...

And then I have four Beckett shorts that'll probably merge into two before they're finished. Becuase there's not enough Beckett angst out there already...

Comment

I recentlly got a hold of a plot bunny from the Adpot a plot bunny thread from here. The bunnies are playing I hope I do get that fic done
                            Last edited by SilverRider; 03 September 2005, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                              "Safety Glass" is simultaneously a prequel and a sequel to Beanie's fic "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance". In discussion of "The Last Day" on the Shep whumping thread, people were clamoring for a prequel. Beanie mentioned that there would be no prequel unless somebody else wanted to write one, so I did.
                              Then I went and started writing a whole series of interrelated fics... Ah well...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                              X