Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 - TV Guide Online: Ask Matt - Aug. 29th - Vala - Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - TV Guide Online: Ask Matt - Aug. 29th - Vala - Season 10?

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/roush/askmatt

(Please follow the link to read the COMPLETE column.)

ASK MATT

Question:

I love your column! Is the character of Vala on Stargate SG-1 now a permanent cast member? I think she is a great addition to the cast, and I hope she isn't gone forever (after last week's episode). I think she adds more fun to SG-1 and would love to see her again. — Niki

Matt Roush:

As I asked around about this, I dug up a little scoop that Claudia Black, who plays Vala, will return for two episodes in the back half of SG-1's season, to air in the winter. I agree that she's a blast, even if some of the show's longtime fans seem disgruntled that other characters were marginalized during the Vala-Daniel Jackson arc, including new cast member Ben Browder. (For all those Farscape fans who've been writing in to grouse that Browder has been underutilized, I've been assured that he'll be more prominent in upcoming episodes.) As for Vala's becoming a permanent fixture, that would have to wait for next season, if then, and there's not even a deal in place yet for a 10th season (although I have no reason to doubt there will be one).

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 29 August 2005, 03:19 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks

Back for 2 eps - maybe she will die this time
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      Thanks

A fan posted on SG1_Spoilme that Michael Shanks divulged at this past weekend's con that Vala will be in episode #19.

Comment

Ooh..end of season a good time to die
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I hope they make Vala a regular

Comment

Three pieces of good news here:

1.) Vala back
            2.) More exposure for Ben in coming episodes
            3.) Strong possibility of a season 10.

Comment

Thanks

Oh no!!!!!
              You don't like Vala, do you???
              Spoiler:

Comment

I dont mind her but I think she should die
                love Torri

Comment

Vala is great! I can't wait to see her back! She needs some more scenes with Sam. LOL

Comment

I dont mind her but I think she should die
                    Maybe Carter will be the one to die and Vala will replace her.
                    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959
                      In that case I will never watch Stargate again
                      love Torri

Comment

I could live with that. Coming back in the last two epsiodes is great timing to be set up as a regular for season 10. What great news! I was very much hoping that Joe's hint about "that character" in Crusade would be Vala. TPTB must be really pleased to get her back - the show has never had so much great publicity in major publications/websites as they have got from her.

Elbereth

Comment

Originally posted by gilthoniel
                          I could live with that. Coming back in the last two epsiodes is great timing to be set up as a regular for season 10. What great news! I was very much hoping that Joe's hint about "that character" in Crusade would be Vala. TPTB must be really pleased to get her back - the show has never had so much great publicity in major publications/websites as they have got from her.

Elbereth
                          But unfortunately some morons are not able to get it... I really don't understand some people on this board. Vala is without any doubt the best thing that could happen to SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                            But unfortunately some morons are not able to get it... I really don't understand some people on this board. Vala is without any doubt the best thing that could happen to SG-1.
                            The morons are the people who call other people morons for having different opinions

Vala was in no way the best thing to happen to SG1 - the return of Sam was much better IMO
                            love Torri

Comment

Ooh..end of season a good time to die
                              That is just plain wrong, focussing on WANTING a character to die immensely when they aren't even evil... Vala has proven to be a good character, and i personally would ike her to come back, but if she HAS died permanently, she died in an honourable way

That too is immensely crazy!!! Did you not like SG-1 BEFORE season 9? Carter is integral to the whole dynamic of the show, RDA has already left, and if Carter was killed off...then what would become of SG-1? There's already very few original characters left

Fair enough, these are my opinions, take them as you so wish...

About the argueing of opinions, opinions are just that, when you phrase them as opinions, like "i think" or "i would like!"
                              yes, obviously people will disagree on points, but to just insult and say "that opinion is stupid" etc. and name calling isn't a good way to get anybody to listen.

Comment

Working...
                              X