The Gates possible spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gates possible spoiler

Okay now, I've just had enough time to get through the first episode. I'm pretty sure you've been asked this before, but when dialling back to Horizon... how do they know which gate they're going to go through?

For instance, if the Valiant goes through the big Stargate to another gate... when they dial back, how do they know that they aren't activating the smaller gate, to have the Valiant get stuck or something in the gate... and vice-versa with them wanting to activate the small gate, only to come through the gate into space? It can't be that only small gates activate small gates, and big ones activate big ones, because the first episode has them activating the big gate with a small gate.

The spacegate and the stargate in Horizon have slightly differing addresses.
    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by LordHart
      Okay now, I've just had enough time to get through the first episode. I'm pretty sure you've been asked this before, but when dialling back to Horizon... how do they know which gate they're going to go through?

For instance, if the Valiant goes through the big Stargate to another gate... when they dial back, how do they know that they aren't activating the smaller gate, to have the Valiant get stuck or something in the gate... and vice-versa with them wanting to activate the small gate, only to come through the gate into space? It can't be that only small gates activate small gates, and big ones activate big ones, because the first episode has them activating the big gate with a small gate.
      That's a good question, and the answer is actually quite simple. The Spacegate has a different gate address than the regular Horizon gate. The addresses are similiar, but different. Both the large gates as well as the regular gates are part of the same network; so you can dial a Spacegate from a regular gate, and vice versa.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
        That's a good question, and the answer is actually quite simple. The Spacegate has a different gate address than the regular Horizon gate. The addresses are similiar, but different. Both the large gates as well as the regular gates are part of the same network; so you can dial a Spacegate from a regular gate, and vice versa.
        Ha. I beat you.
        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
          Ha. I beat you.
          Hey. I didn't notice that before. That's truly shocking.

Comment

Hmm, you'd have thought the ancients would have had a safety to stop someone dialling a big gate and walking through!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

yeah, uh exactly how do they dial the big gates? onboard dialing comp?
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                yeah, uh exactly how do they dial the big gates? onboard dialing comp?
                A panel was found with the spacegate, and later installed in the Valiant. The Vorians have reproduced them, and those have been placed in the gliders.
                Rocky

Comment

but if the gates are close to each other as in the scripts mention that the big gate orbits the horizon station then surely both gates would have the same gate address!

Comment

Originally posted by andrelage
                    but if the gates are close to each other as in the scripts mention that the big gate orbits the horizon station then surely both gates would have the same gate address!
                    They do have very similar addresses, since they both were located on the Vorian homeworld, which thus far has been the only planet to have both "types" of gates on it.

Basically the Ancients made sure they'd have different addresses - even though they're located that closely to each other - to allow someone to chose which of the gates they're dialing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                      Hmm, you'd have thought the ancients would have had a safety to stop someone dialling a big gate and walking through!
                      It's not any different from the Atlantis gate network, where I don't believe you can tell if you've dialled a gate in space or a gate on a planet until a MALP has been sent through.

But either way I wouldn't step through a gate without having an idea of what to expect on the other side.

Comment

But either way I wouldn't step through a gate without having an idea of what to expect on the other side.
                        But that'd be fun. Stepping through the Stargate thinking you're going to be facing a legion of Jaffa, to find out you're going to be facing a harem of beautiful naked women... or both!

Comment

i think he means space or planet.
                          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

It's not any different from the Atlantis gate network, where I don't believe you can tell if you've dialled a gate in space or a gate on a planet until a MALP has been sent through.

Ye but then again that was just one type of Gate. So far as we know, these Spacegates where gates built specifically for Space. Also I don't remember this stuff being said in the scripts? Is it gonna be written into "The Connection"?
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                              Ye but then again that was just one type of Gate. So far as we know, these Spacegates where gates built specifically for Space. Also I don't remember this stuff being said in the scripts? Is it gonna be written into "The Connection"?
                              The problem in "The Connection" has nothing to do with the spacegate. As to the solution, well that's either a different story or not.
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X