This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard will never live up that thing with colonel sumner

Hey, anyone notice that sheppard's record with euthinasia for colonel sumner is never gonna stop coming back to bite him in the ass.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

I think Caldwell is just a jerk and Everett came around when he met a wraith
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

i believe that as long as sheppard feels guilty about what he did it will always be used aginst him.. just because it works to shut him up and make him feel bad...
      I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

I think sheppard may feel bad about what he did, but he knows it was the right thing to do. I can see why someone would compare it to euthanasia but for me it wasn't near as bad. I think you all know what I mean.
        Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
        1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
        2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
        3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Prolly not, but insofar as a character conflict, it beats some unknown helicopter incident where friends died. I think that and Ford will be his big regrets thus far.

Comment

Isn't the term live it 'down'? live it 'up' is actually a good thing. At least... I think that's how it goes?

I don't think he will live it down until those that were personally acquainted with Sumner are dead or have had their own experience with the wraith. I don't see why Sumner was so likeable anyway that his honor needs defending.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

It is a form of euthinasia and I didn't agree with it until I saw what happened to those that survived such an attack. I think as long there's idiots like Caldwell they will bring this kind of thing up, but it's not just becasue Caldwell disagrees with what Shep did but also because he's jealous of Shep's job which he really wanted for himself. There was no reason to bring that up anyway as Shep wasn't even arguing with him.
              sigpic

Comment

Caldwell did have a point, i mean Ford knows a lot about the Atlantis team and Earth,he was teleport onto a Wrath craft.
                Colonel was dying and back then they didn't know about the Wraith's hyperdrive capabilities ,and Sheppard kill him to protect Earth.

Caldwell's point is that Sheppard didn't kill Ford because he is a friend , but he was able to kill colonel sumner because he wasn't a friend.

Comment

Except Sheppard diddn't kill sumner solely to protect Earth. He also killed him because he was dying painfully. Ford isn't dying. It's a little harder to shoot a reasonably healthy and very young friend than a dying man being tortured for information.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                    Except Sheppard diddn't kill sumner solely to protect Earth. He also killed him because he was dying painfully. Ford isn't dying. It's a little harder to shoot a reasonably healthy and very young friend than a dying man being tortured for information.
                    Not to mention a tasty snack.
                    My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
                      I can see why someone would compare it to euthanasia but for me it wasn't near as bad.
                      What are you talkin about, compare? It was euthanasia, and it would be alot more debatable as a morality issue than the type of euthanasia that happens in the real world. What Sheppard did was murder, euthanasia or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                        What are you talkin about, compare? It was euthanasia, and it would be alot more debatable as a morality issue than the type of euthanasia that happens in the real world. What Sheppard did was murder, euthanasia or not.
                        You seen the seige part 3? Everett told Shep he wished Shep done that to him, it would have racked Sumner's life and took so much away from it, Sumner wanted it. I agree that it was euthanaisa, but it was understandable.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          I agree with this. Sumner could not have been saved. He was practically a corpse already when Sheppard shot him. Ford still has a chance. I think Caldwell is totally too hard on Sheppard as far as that. I mean, he wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by I love Daniel!
                            I think Caldwell is totally too hard on Sheppard as far as that. I mean, he wasn't there.
                            Once he experiences it himself he will come around
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                              It is a form of euthinasia and I didn't agree with it until I saw what happened to those that survived such an attack. I think as long there's idiots like Caldwell they will bring this kind of thing up, but it's not just becasue Caldwell disagrees with what Shep did but also because he's jealous of Shep's job which he really wanted for himself. There was no reason to bring that up anyway as Shep wasn't even arguing with him.
                              I agree. Caldwell was being somewhat bratty in this situation. The way I see it, he was really trying to make Sheppard feel uncomfortable and small, rather than from any real desire to make him see reason.
                              He could be right about the consequences of letting Ford go... but he didn't need to bring up Col Sumner... that was a blow below the belt. Pure nastiness...
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                              X