This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA season II, like early SG

After watching the beginning episodes of SGA season II, It reminds me alot of the early seasons of Stargate (seasons 1-4).

Everything is new to the Sheps team and the Wraith are Goa'ulds of Pegasus galaxy. Good stuff!, I am enjoying season II better than season I.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

I agree that the general focus is similar but it hasnt reminded me of SG1
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

yeah it does in a way remind me of the earlier seasons of sg1 but its also very different

Comment

I agree with you guys it is different, my point of it feeling similar is with the newness of there exploration of previously unchartered places and different cultures just enhances the whole show. Shep's rye sense of humor is priceless (a la O'Neill) Good stuff!
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
          After watching the beginning episodes of SGA season II, It reminds me alot of the early seasons of Stargate (seasons 1-4).

Everything is new to the Sheps team and the Wraith are Goa'ulds of Pegasus galaxy. Good stuff!, I am enjoying season II better than season I.
          I completely agree, its nice to see some new exploration. I miss that in the new SG1 eps, although season 9 seems pretty cool so far

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
            I completely agree, its nice to see some new exploration.
            Shame that they arent exploring the city
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              Shame that they arent exploring the city
              Thats a good point, I'd love to see more of the city itself.

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

im so overjoyed at the season 2 of atlantis, i loved seasons 1-5 with all the exploration and this is quite like repackaging the sg1 seasons for a new one, of course with a totaly new plot and characters and so on but it does feel a little like earlier sg1 eps which for me is brilliant... more please!
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I'm really liking the route that Atlantis is taking. It doesn't overly remind me of Sg-1's early days, but it's progressing nicely, and each week gives us a little glimpse into each character. I hope that they start exploring the station more (the thing is honkin' huge!), and get into more of the relationships between the characters. Looking forward to "Conversion"!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I'm very impressed with SGA, I've never seen spinoff series that rivals it predecessor in the way that SGA does to SG1. The seem to be copying the Good Characters + Exploration that made the early sesason so good.
                    Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Actually, "Instinct" reminded me a lot of early SG-1 episodes. The team went off-world to execute their standing orders and came upon a strange new conflict. Things like that used to happen practically every other episode in SG-1, but now everything seems to be devoted to the Prometheus or Earth or the overarching storyline of the season or whatever. There are very few self-contained episodes where the team just goes off-world and finds something new. I like that SGA is picking up the slack in that area.
                      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                        Actually, "Instinct" reminded me a lot of early SG-1 episodes. The team went off-world to execute their standing orders and came upon a strange new conflict. Things like that used to happen practically every other episode in SG-1, but now everything seems to be devoted to the Prometheus or Earth or the overarching storyline of the season or whatever. There are very few self-contained episodes where the team just goes off-world and finds something new. I like that SGA is picking up the slack in that area.

Could'nt have said it any better!....It's nice seeing an episode where the plot is started and finsihed in one episode with satisfaction. Which was alot like the early seasons of SG.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                          What he said.

Comment

It is like early SG-1, but better, However, I liked Season one better than season Two (thus far)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race

I agree...very much the same feel. Though with enough of a difference to make it it's own show. I actually enjoy season 2 as much as Season 9..which is a heck of a lot.
                              It feels good to be alive.
                              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X