This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Monitors

I dunno whether anyone has brought this up before, but how do the ancients view output from the computer systems? Because whenever they use some ancient technology, say the sensors, or Life sign detector, they always use our monitors which we bought with us. So how did the ancients do it? Cause with only one display in the control room for example, it must have alot of demand for useage. Anybody have any ideas?

Monitors and keyboards are such a primitive way to interface computers input/output, they probably had direct interface to the computer with their minds, only that McKay hasn't discovered how to do that

Sabre

Comment

maybe they had personal holograph generators. I thought the screens were already there, our monitors are only used to view translated ancient things.

Comment

I swear some people don't even watch the shows (sg1 and sga)

Comment

Maybe they had "pop-up" holographic touch screens like in Minority Report, Nadesco and Tenchi
          sigpic

Comment

interesting question, i have seen them big shiny altera screens in a few areas of atlantis but "how did everyone else see everything?" maybe they had no need to and only the altera incharge needed them. we realy need an episode to show how a possible 20million humans lived and did what?

Comment

They have Ancient moniter screens all around Atlantis. They use the computers to translate whatevers on the Atlantis harddrives.

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

i'm still trying to understand the Atlantis monitors... it looksmlike a bonjulle dup mess of green clouds and Ancient Letters running donw the screen like the Matrix i find it a little annoying caus eit also flashes sometime si jsut want to kill it cause i don't understand how we read on ther emonitors... no wonder we use our own computers and you cnanot say advanced civilizations would have a hard time reading and udnerstanding our screens if you remember the Aschen in sG-1 getting there bad gate addresses

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis[MYTH]
                  i'm still trying to understand the Atlantis monitors... it looksmlike a bonjulle dup mess of green clouds and Ancient Letters running donw the screen like the Matrix i find it a little annoying caus eit also flashes sometime si jsut want to kill it cause i don't understand how we read on ther emonitors... no wonder we use our own computers and you cnanot say advanced civilizations would have a hard time reading and udnerstanding our screens if you remember the Aschen in sG-1 getting there bad gate addresses
                  I've been wodering that too, maybe if it was in english it would make slightly more sense

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis[MYTH]
                    Like the Matrix it seems that Atlantis computers process information way too quickly for us to see normally - so they go the route of the data stream. The Laptops hooked up to the system slow it down enough to be accessed by the expedition
                    Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 28 August 2005, 11:36 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X