This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dhd on atlantis

is there a dhd on the atlantis gate or does it have a computer and does the dhd control the sheild which works like a iris around the gate
    We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Its quite possible; in fact I think it said something about it on some of the spoilers, Maybe Atlantis was supposed to be the Ancients "pride and joy" and therefore they placed their newest technogoly in the city (just like a certain ancient city we saw in the beginning of Season 7) maybe that included a new type of dialing out device-a computer

Maybe put some spoiler warnings though, a lot of people seem to be pretty touchy about them

Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

what certain Ancient city are you talkign about that we saw at the beginning of Season 7? I thought the world they mistook for the Lost City was just a mistake. Was it really and Ancient city and I forgot?

Comment

The Atlantis gate uses an Ancient computer to dial up, which would also control the energy shield. The Puddle Jumper has its own DHD/dialing computer too.

Comment

Hehe. Sounds cool and technical!
          __

__

Comment

Hopefully this computer will let the team unlock some nifty new features of this new gate network. You can see it for a breif moment in a trailer when Weir orders McKay to dial the gate.
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              The Atlantis gate uses an Ancient computer to dial up, which would also control the energy shield. The Puddle Jumper has its own DHD/dialing computer too.
              But the DHD is an Ancient computer in its own right, supposedly many times as complex as ours, and much more powerful.
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

I guess we're working with levels of Ancient. If the Milky Way gates (the SG-1 gates) are billions of years old, I guess that means the Ancient tech on Atlantis is only.... a few hundred million years old??

I mean, if they'd been aroudn for millions of years, imagine how much old and conflicting levels of tech must still exist. Eventually, they evolved past the need for any of it and became Ascended. I wonder how much of that we'll see in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
                  I guess we're working with levels of Ancient. If the Milky Way gates (the SG-1 gates) are billions of years old, I guess that means the Ancient tech on Atlantis is only.... a few hundred million years old??

I mean, if they'd been aroudn for millions of years, imagine how much old and conflicting levels of tech must still exist. Eventually, they evolved past the need for any of it and became Ascended. I wonder how much of that we'll see in Atlantis.
                  Tech-wise, Atlantis was suppossed to be the Ancients' baby joy. Presumably, it's filled with all of the Ancients most advanced and up-to-date tech.
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

so atlantis was the 'final stop' for Ancient tech? After that is when they all asecnded? Though we will have to learn abuot the plauge, too! When did that happen in the time line of Atlantis leaving earth and becoming abandoned in the Pegasys galaxy...?

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                      Hopefully this computer will let the team unlock some nifty new features of this new gate network. You can see it for a breif moment in a trailer when Weir orders McKay to dial the gate.
                      I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed it. It looked pretty cool with push buttons.
                      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

WHat about the other gates in the Pegasus Galaxy. Will they have the standard DHD? Maybe it will have a big blue button rather than a red one Now that I think of it, what do the other gates look like? I think I read the Gate in Atlantis is the only advanced gate, and the other will be normal, but will they have blue chevons? on the atlantis advertisement posters, screensaver, press edition preview dvd, Stargate from that theatre etc. all have a normal gate but with blue chevrons.
                        My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

I'm hoping that all of the gates in the Pegasus galaxy will be advanced. The DHD is probably just a compact movable computer -- similar to the DHDs in the Mikly Way. I hope that they get rid of the big red button though. I think that the promo-gate looks similar to the old gate is because they didn't have a prototype of the new gate to picture.

Comment

In my opinion, the Atlantis DHD should look quite similar to the SG-1 DHD. The differences should be:

1. Different symbols (because the Gate has different symbols).
                            2. Instead of a big red button, there should be a big dark blue button (think about it, on SG-1, the chevrons are orange, and the button is red, which is a darker shade of orange)
                            3. They should remember to only press six symbols before the center button (not really a difference in the way it looks, but it really bugs me)
                            Rocky

Comment

Are they going to have to try a different formula to account for stellar drift like in SG1?

Guess we'll see McKay drawing a diagram during the premire.
                              "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X