Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who gets top billing on the season DVD?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who gets top billing on the season DVD?

Seasons 1-8 have always been very much RDA oriented....and you can see that even on the DVD boxsets. Above the Stargate on every one of them it says "Richard Dean Anderson".

Now that he's gone what do you suppose they'll do with the box art? Give Ben Browder top billing? Just leave it blank? And I wonder what color theme it'll have this time....
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Considering TPTB are easing Ben Browder into the show, I'm not sure he'd get his name in RDA's place unless it was accompanied by "and Michael Shanks", otherwise consumers might feel deceived by BB's low key presence in the first five episodes.

Color? Howabout a bright white to contrast with the previous darker box sets?

Comment

prolly to one of the other 3

Comment

Well, I doubt that any of them will be before the title... but they'll probably be listed in the same order as they are currently. I believe it goes 'Starring Ben Browder, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge with Beau Bridges and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson'.

Comment

Yeah, I think they'll just do away with the name above the title completely. RDA was an executive producer and the show basically revolved around him. Ben Browder is the new lead, but the show certainly doesn't revolve around him the way it did RDA, and it'd be kind of weird to have any of the other 3 regulars' names above the titles.
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that the space above the title will probably just be left blank. I think they are stressing the team more than any one individual anyway these days.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think it will most likely get left blank and I think that the color will be a lighter version of the color used on season 5 (U.S. at least). I saw pictures of the team on the DVD set for S8...but does anybody have a guess as to what they will put on the other side?...it is usually an alien of some kind....I seem to remember they used Jaffa, Asgard, Unas, Anubis, Space race aliens....any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                I think it will most likely get left blank and I think that the color will be a lighter version of the color used on season 5 (U.S. at least). I saw pictures of the team on the DVD set for S8...but does anybody have a guess as to what they will put on the other side?...it is usually an alien of some kind....I seem to remember they used Jaffa, Asgard, Unas, Anubis, Space race aliens....any ideas?
                Well...how about Ra, Fifth, Baal, or Vala? Those characters stood out in Season 8.

Comment

Working...
                X