This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Theme Park Rides

What's your favourite theme park ride? (Both Roller Coaster and non-Roller Coaster.)

I went to the U.S. earlier this year and went to Six Flags: Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, and Disneyland/California Adventure: They've got awesome rides. Six Flags probably had more coasters then all of Australia combined.

My favourite Roller Coaster would either be Ghost Rider (Knott's Berry Farm) or Scream! (Six Flags: Magic Mountain).

My favourite non-Roller Coaster rides would be Splash Mountain (Disneyland) and Eureka Mine Ride (Dreamworld, Australia).

I LOVE the mine ride!! lol. whenever we went to dreamworld as kids, it was always the mine ride and the dodgem cars. (my second fav)

I used to go with my friends on some weekends during highschool. and a couple of times it was raining so we spent like 2 hours on the dodgem cars. They let us just stay on coz the rain made the lines REALLY short.
    (the fact that the attendants were pretty hot probably had something to do with it)

ohh and the batman ride at Movie World was great at the beginning. they've changed it a couple of times now though.. so it's kinda sucky

Comment

If you like roller coasters, Cedar Point is the place to be! Going there in a couple of weeks.

Favorite Coaster - The Millennium Force or The Raptor (both at Cedar Point)

I don't really have a favorite non-coaster.
      "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Jafana: Yeah, the mine ride kicks ass. It's cool. I like indoor roller coasters and I think that's the only indoor roller coaster in Australia. (They've got the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster at Warner Bros. Movie World, though.) I still haven't been to Movie World. I want to, though. I liked the log ride at Dreamworld, but after going on Splash Mountain, it's not as good. Dreamworld just tore down the Thunderbolt and they're building new attractions soon. Hopefully they'll build some cool indoor coasters.

Comment

When my children were younger and we lived in Southern California we'd go to a different amusement park 3 or 4 times a years. We visited Disneyland, Magic Mountian, Knotts Berry Farm. Our favorite was Disneyland which we loved to go to on during the holidays. We'd go early and close the place down. I loved them.

Hands down, my all time favorite ride over the years has been Space Mountian in Disneyland, more so because I really don't like roller coasters all that much. This stems from the fact that I was trapped on a roller coster (The Blue Streak) at Cedar Point back in my teen years. It stopped mid-ride with us trapped for 20 minutes at the top of one of the highest points of the ride. We were in no danger as we were on the flat part, but it was awfully high up and I'm not that crazy about heights in the first place. When I got down, I vowed I'd stay down and with the exception of Space Mountain, which is enclosed and the mine rides which are also partially enclosed it's been decades since I've been on one.

Non-roller coster rides - I love Disney's Haunted House and Star Tours and...

Aw Heck, who am I kidding. I liked them all, including the little swirling tea cups.

My best friend is a member of an international roller coster riders association. They have tee shirts, a newsletter and everything. She's been on roller costers all over the world. Have you heard of it?
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

I thought the Haunted Mansion was overrated. Star Tours is cool, though. Space Mountain would have been awesome, but it's closed until next year. Big Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones were closed as well.

Comment

Disneyland - I liked the Rocket Rods when they were there. They're not anymore. I like Big Thunder Monutain also but it has been closed

Disneyland California Adventure - California Scremin', no question

Knotts Berry (Merry) Farm - I love it best at Christmas. Their decorations and atmosphere is wonderful. The GhostRider and the Xcellerator are wonderful. I enjoed the Supreme Scream also!

Universal Studios - I certainly enjoy Jurassic Park and I enjoy the Backlot Tour

Haven't yet been to Six Flags or Cedar Point
              __

__

Comment

Yeah, the backlot tours cool at Universal Studios. Jurassic Park was awesome and was even better the second time when my sister and I had a boat to ourselves, with no one else on it.

Comment

lol It's always good to have a entire ride to yourself!
                  __

__

Comment

Went to WDW last year and rode the new ride in Epcot, Mission Space. I like it so much that I rode it twice that day we were in the park. What I also liked about the ride was it had three lines: The Fastpass line, regular line (if you wanted to keep your group together), and a line for single riders.

Comment

Is Mission Space vomit inducing? Doesn't it spin you around. It sounds cool though.

Comment

Any type of rollercoaster, anywhere is cool enough for me.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                          Is Mission Space vomit inducing? Doesn't it spin you around. It sounds cool though.
                          I didn't vomit. I think it was in a similator. When you take off for Mars, you can feel the Gs.

Comment

I read that it's in some sort of centrifuge thing, and it spins you around. Most of the time you aren't aware they you're spinning cause you can't see yourself spinning. It apparently causes the Gs, when it suddenly stops abruptly. It sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                              Universal Studios - I certainly enjoy Jurassic Park and I enjoy the Backlot Tour
                              <shudder> Jurassic Park has scarred me for life. I was ok with rollercoasters until I went on that. Its that huge drop at the end. There's a photo of me & my mates on that drop and they all have happy/scared faces but mine is a picture of pure terror. Weirdly enough I managed to get over my fear of going upside down on the next ride - Duelling Dragons.

On the same holiday I went on Mission: Space at Epcot. Loved it. And there was another new one, Test Track or something. It was a car that was being tested on emergency stops - stuff like that. Great fun.

I also really like Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. You get soaked though.
                              Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X