Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it bug anyone else that we haven't seen Asgard yet this season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it bug anyone else that we haven't seen Asgard yet this season?

Honestly, the Tau'ri have destroyed both the Replicator's (the main enemy of the Asgard) as well as the Goa'uld (whom the Asgard have a treaty with to protect hundreds of planets). Don't you think that in the months that have followed they would stop in and say, "Hey, nice job clearing the galaxy of it's two greatest threats."? Though I guess with the Asgard member on the Daedelus, we can assume such a meeting took place at some point. Still, they are our allies. Wouldn't it be our responsibility to contact them about the Orii?

well u are right about that, but i was thinking so far its been like 6 months since the first episode and remember that they did appear because in atlantis the siege part 3 hermiod was in the daedalus like u said but remember in avalon it was set before and daniel had missed the daedalus so that means that hermiod was in the daedalus in the milkyway ofcourse so im guessing that we contacted them about our help in the pegasus galaxy or maybe they were with us from before i dont know.
    sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

Well most of the Asgard contact was with O'Neill. He may well still be in regular contact with Thor & co from HWS. They just have no need to contact the SGC.

Comment

Still, I think that the Ori threat should warrant some sort of Asgard briefing

Comment

We may yet see them in sg-1 this season. I mean, there are still thirteen episodes left. Personally, I'll hold out hope of seeing them for at least a little longer.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

we still must remember that their main problem was the fact that they could no longer reproduce through natural means. So i'll bet that they are working their grey butts off on fixing that little kink. However I side with THE FIFTH MAN and hopw that we catch a glimpse of them this season.

Comment

I'm sure O'Niell keeps in contact. They have problems of their own like rebuilding their civilization and making clones for all of those consciense minds they have down loaded in there computers.
              Last edited by LORD MONK; 27 August 2005, 08:47 PM.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

(the main enemy of the Asgard) as well as the Goa'uld (whom the Asgard have a treaty with to protect hundreds of planets).
                Actually 26 planets - "New Order"

Anyway a new Asgard is set to appear later this season - Kvasir, sent to keep an eye on how SG-1 use a new super weapon on loan from the Asgard
                sigpic

Comment

they're rebuilding they're civilization

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                    they're rebuilding they're civilization
                    and their sexdrives lol
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I wonder what an Asgard sex club is al about.
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

It doesn't bother me at all, really. If the Asgard have been alerted to the Ori's existence, then I imagine they'd stay fairly far away from the Milky Way and only contact as necessary. After all, they are far weaker than they once were and the Ori would be a worse problem than the Replicators! I imagine they'd try to make sure their precense is low-key so that their galaxy is for the moment safe.
                        Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1. And on that base he had a Ba'al, SG SG-1. With a Ba'al, Ba'al here and a Ba'al, Ba'al there, here a Ba'al there a Ba'al, everywhere a Ba'al Ba'al. Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1!
                        [Don't ask. Please.]

Comment

So, the Asgard are playin' it low while they rebuilt they're suciety...I wonder how long it will take the Asgard to rebuild they're susiety (Don't mind the horendous spelling please) Still, i hope we see they interact alot more this season, at least blow some of the Priors to hell

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Well, the Asgard do still have the Replicators to contend with. SG-1 wiped them out in the Milky Way, but not in the Asgard galaxy.

-IMF
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I hope the Asgard are rebuilding, because I have had enough of the Replicators. If they do happen to bring them back it has to happen like three to five seasons from now for it to work. Let the Asgard live in peace so THEY can show their Great Potential.

Oh, And Ascended times 2, don't worry about your spelling. Just as long as we can sound it out, then it is OK. And don't let anyone else tell you different.
                              Last edited by LORD MONK; 28 August 2005, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X