This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not enough action in SGA

SGA has been dissapointing for some reason. Season 1 was a lot better. They need to use the pj more often. Same with deddy and the 302's. They need to explore atlantis a lot more. After all, that's what they're there to do right? It's way to plotty. Anyone agree with me. Feel free to elaborate.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

yes season one was better. Zelenka said that with the zpm, a lot of new things have come online, well SHOW IT DAMMIT. It also seems to be lacking that community feel. Not bringing Bates was also seems a mistake. As much as I love Skinner, Caldwell hasn't been impressive yet. They might as well replace jim by another Pendergast or Ronson. Waste of Mitch Pileggi's talent. And S2 needs more Shep/McKay interaction. And I don't think ditching Ford for Ronon Dex was such a good idea anyway. Just develop Ford a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
      yes season one was better. Zelenka said that with the zpm, a lot of new things have come online, well SHOW IT DAMMIT. It also seems to be lacking that community feel. Not bringing Bates was also seems a mistake. As much as I love Skinner, Caldwell hasn't been impressive yet. They might as well replace jim by another Pendergast or Ronson. Waste of Mitch Pileggi's talent. And S2 needs more Shep/McKay interaction. And I don't think ditching Ford for Ronon Dex was such a good idea anyway. Just develop Ford a little more.
      You really can't compare 7 episodes to 20

By this time last year we were only as far as "Poisoning the Well" the best of the season was yet to come
      sigpic

Comment

I agree, there could have been more action. With Dex's arrival I think the action's been stepping more. I love all (get out and get in trouble) eppies so...SGA needs more of those.
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I think Atlantis S2 has the same amount of action as S1. PTW where we were last year, and we only had a few action eps. Though I love Atlantis, it is missing something SG-1 has. Not necessarily a bad thing, per se, but it makes it seem a little less familiar... know what I mean?

Comment

I'm going to reluctantly disagree. Atlantis season two has been my favorite season of stargate thus far. I haven't really enjoyed season nine of SG-1, but I think S2 has totally made up for that with me.

Comment

We've seen how big Atlantis is, and i bet there are a few laborotories as well. I think the city has all sorts of coll machines and inventions just waiting to be discovered. But maybe the writers have a hard time coming up with intersting and cool machines/designs ?

Don't know but I too think they should explore the city more, use the puddlejumpers and do something out of the box They could take a puddlejumper out for a spin in the ocean.. That would be a cool ep. Who knows what lies there

Comment

Seaon 2 is excellent, you have to give it a chance, there is alot of upcomming eps that sound like there gonna be really good.
                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ruff
                  Don't know but I too think they should explore the city more, use the puddlejumpers and do something out of the box They could take a puddlejumper out for a spin in the ocean.. That would be a cool ep. Who knows what lies there
                  I think that is what an upcoming episode is about...I think it is called grace under pressure?

Comment

I agree with those who said that since it is only the start of the season really, we are not seeing much and that much more is to come. The cliffhanger half way point will kick off action half season haha

I don't know if it has to do with budget but notice that SGA's budget is more focued on computer animation and sets and locations; but when they do come down to the action, it does deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                      As much as I love Skinner, Caldwell hasn't been impressive yet. Waste of Mitch Pileggi's talent. And S2 needs more Shep/McKay interaction. And I don't think ditching Ford for Ronon Dex was such a good idea anyway. Just develop Ford a little more.
                      I haven't been enjoying this season much so far. I was expecting some interesting views from Caldwell, but he's just there. I would even take some more clashing with Sheppard; they only did that in one episode, no follow-through or anything. I agree that they shouldn't have ditched Ford. RSF was much more enjoyable to watch and less grumpy, brutish. He brought amusing lines to the show that weren't over-the-top--which is one of the biggest problems I have with this season: way too much McKay. I, like everyone, love character development, but it wasn't development. I was liking "Trinity" a lot, until the end. "Aw, I destroyed a solar system. Sorry, guys!" The episode would have been great if they would have focused on the ending for five more minutes.

We just need more suspense, not necessarily shooting and fighting. I know we're only at episode seven, but in season one there were "Hide and Seek," "38 Minutes," and "Childhood's End." Maybe I'm just an overanalytical, overcriticising fan, but it seems like something's been missing.

Comment

Furthermore, the Atlantis Expedition Team is in Atlantis to LEARN about the Ancients and history to benefit ALL OF HUMANITY. They will try not to get into any fights or conflicts that aren't necessary.
                        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

When is the "Stuff" episode episode coming in. They got a Z.P.M and Zelenka said new things are poping up, but WHAT.

Comment

I disagree in that I feel like season 2 (so far) has about the same amount, if not more action than season 1. The opener, Seige 3 is obviously action packed so was the Runner (one of the most action packed stand alone episode of SGA ever). The Intruder has its space related action while the Condemned also has adequate amount of action. The only action less episode was Duet but I thoroughly enjoyed it for its comedic value. Trinity is more thrilling/character development than action but it was also fine. Instinct also has a decent amount of thrilling/action moments.

I'm sure we'll get a couple of Atlantis based episode soon. We did just spend 3 episode+ on the Seige and the stuff leading up to it which are all Atlantis based.

Season 2 has met my rather lofty expectation of the show, so far.
                            I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

the whole stargate theme of a gate that you can walk through to get to other worlds is a great idea itself

Comment

Working...
                              X