This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The population of Atlantis

Can anyone guesstimate the population of Atlantis when it left for pegasus in the beginning. No matter how big a city is you can only cram so many people in there before it comes overcrowded. Now once they got to Pegasus and settled on a planet, they had a colossal task of seeding a whole galaxy. Now is it me or does that scenario sound like it required round of the clock reproduction?

Originally posted by shaqarava
    Now once they got to Pegasus and settled on a planet, they had a colossal task of seeding a whole galaxy. Now is it me or does that scenario sound like it required round of the clock reproduction?

Fun fun fun!

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
      Can anyone guesstimate the population of Atlantis when it left for pegasus in the beginning. No matter how big a city is you can only cram so many people in there before it comes overcrowded. Now once they got to Pegasus and settled on a planet, they had a colossal task of seeding a whole galaxy. Now is it me or does that scenario sound like it required round of the clock reproduction?
      Well Atlantis has been compared numerous times to Manhattan.
      "Searching all of Atlantis is like searching every room in Manhattan" - Before I Sleep
      Manhattan has a population of 8 million so who knows how many people could fit in Atlantis

As to how many Ancients went with the city to Pegasus my guesstimate would be very few - the plague did decimate an entire galaxy and even after 5-10 million years they were fastly outnumbered by the Wraith
      sigpic

Comment

well last time i checked in siege part 3 there was a couple hundred like between 100 and 200 but then in intruder the daedalus made a couple of trips bringing new materials and new personell and they made i belive 3 trips or 4 i forgot but i think it was 4, but anyway and each time caldwell said that it was getting more crowded with people that they were bringing to atlantis and each time it was very crowded and the daedalus holds more than 300 people so so far atlantis now has atleast a thousand people scientist military personell civilians. i think lol
        sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
          Well Atlantis has been compared numerous times to Manhattan.
          "Searching all of Atlantis is like searching every room in Manhattan" - Before I Sleep
          Manhattan has a population of 8 million so who knows how many people could fit in Atlantis
          Yes, but I don't think McKay was referring to the scale of it as much as the amount of information 'in every room'.

Comment

i doubt atlantis had more than 10 thousand people before it left for pegasus, after the plague and all.

Comment

Working...
            X