This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give SG1 their wormhole back!!

After seeing EDM, I've had enough of the Atlantis wormhole in SG1.
    Did they think we wouldn't know the difference?! Give SG1's wormhole back
    already!!!!

The wormhole effect is merely a plot device for the user. What it looks like is irrelevent, since the person actually going through the gate doesn't see anything. So they decided to update? Meh. The old one did look a little dated.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rnwhocares
      After seeing EDM, I've had enough of the Atlantis wormhole in SG1.
      Did they think we wouldn't know the difference?! Give SG1's wormhole back
      already!!!!
      I don't like the new wormhole effect either. I wish they'd switch back, but it'd probably be bad form to do so now, after using it for several consecutive episodes.
      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I too preferred to old one. The new one is cheesy, and the same as the one from SGA

Comment

I'll bet tptb get a kick over what people on the forums complain about. The old wormhole was a visual effect from the early 1990s. Technology has changed quite a bit since then and they are simply updating it to be consistant the more modern Atlantis effect. It really isn't a big deal and by almost any standard, the new one looks better.

The complaint about shorter credits, I can see that. A complaint about updating visual effects seems a bit much to me. Let's pick our battles lest we be viewed as chronic complainers and ignored.

Comment

I HATE the new wormhole! It's so clearly Atlantis's wormhole! People, that wormhole is what makes Stargate Stargate! Atlantis's is what makes Atlantis Atlantis! The wormhole wasn't dated! It looked perfect! It seems more real than the Atlantis oen which..I gotta say, isn't as attractive as the other one. Besides, we're supposed to be seeing gate travel, right? Why would the wormhole look suddenly change after 9 years??? So what if the Atlantis one is more moden, they're in a whole 'nother galaxy for crying out loud! ARRGGHH!!

[deep breaths]

Anyway, [whining] I want my wormhole baa-a-a-a-a-a-ack!!!
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

While I'll admit I loved the old wormhole effect, the new one isn't so bad. From a visual effects standpoint, it is pretty sweet. And overall, it is ONE change I guess I can live with. PTB, just keep the show rocking.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

... a bunch of whining babys... Good frakkin lord, shut the hell up already and enjoy the damn show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponchoandy
                  ... a bunch of whining babys... Good frakkin lord, shut the hell up already and enjoy the damn show.
                  We are trying to enjoy the Show, but they keep changing it into something it's not

And if you are going to use the word "Frackin'" at t least use it right and don't use it in a duragitory statement for the word will be banned.
                  Last edited by LORD MONK; 27 August 2005, 02:01 PM.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

There's actually been three evolutions of the wormhole. It used round and swirling, kind of like a Tel'tak in hyperspace, then came the wormhole where there was just the "white cloud effect" on the top and the bottom. Both of the first two wormholes travelled straighter than the current one which is blueish-green. I might prefer to have the older wormhole, simply because I don't think it should change (the same stargate system has always been used) and I think it should look different than the obviously different and newer Pegasus gates. However, if you want to get technical, we should never really see the wormholes since no one in the Stargate universe does. I think it's just a device to let new Stargate viewers know what's going on. It doesn't bug me enough to start a thread to get it removed, it's not like it ever would get removed because of something like this. I don't mind casually talking about it, which is what I think we're doing.
                    Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                    1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                    2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                    3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

It makes more sense to have the wormholes look the same, there is no technical reason why they'd look different.

Comment

I like the new wormhole effect, the old SG-1 was getting a little boring. In the early days they would show a good chunk of the original movie wormhole and then they started cutting it down to prevent it getting repetitive which is what i presume is being done here.

However despite getting a little boring I think SG-1 should have kept the original wormhole effect. Atlantis' effect should be kept on their show. People say zat guns etc won't be featured in Atlantis to try and keep the shows seperate, well then why use the same wormhole effect on both shows? If they'd used this effect from teh beginning of the series all the way back at season 1 then it wouldn't have bothered me. It's all about continuity. Like when the actors palying Dr Weir changed, i didn't like the change. i'd rather they got the original actress to just play her role in season 8 of sg-1 only and use Higginson for Atlantis. How would you feel if the actual stargate changed suddenly at the beginning of season 10 into a big yellow square-gate instead?

The show is called Stargate and it's about the stargate so the emphasis is clearly on the gate and the wormhole image is integral to to it. They might as well have desinged a completely new stargate like i mentioned, which I certainly hope they have the senses not to do.
                        Last edited by shaqarava; 27 August 2005, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I like the new wormhole, it looks like what I think a wormhole would look like.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                            We are trying to enjoy the Show, but they keep changing it into something it's not

And if you are going to use the word "Frackin'" at t least use it right and don't use it in a duragitory statement for the word will be band.

Please don't tell me what to do. And learning how to spell would be quite nice. One, frak or frakin' doesn't have a "c" in it. And it's banned, not banned. Seriously, what are they teaching you third graders these days...

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what the frell is wrong with some people... they're complaining literally about everything in the season 9. For me, and I am actually NEW to SG-1, this new wormhole is OK.

Comment

Working...
                              X