This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 1 DVD problems

Well I am starting to watch the DVD's and when I checked the order on the box to the order on this site, the ones on the box seem to be out of order. Anyone else notice that? For instance the DVD's have "The Nox" as episode 12, but this site has it as episode 8. I think I only found one more episode that is out of order. I am also wondering will I miss anything by watching them out of order? Thanks.

Most of the eps. are stand alone, so there shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    However, I have season 1 on video, and according to that set, the episode after the opener is The Nox, and The Enemy Within is ep 6, and that really confused me!
    sigpic

Comment

Since I have long lost my VHS copies off of Showtime from the original airings, I have to trust (and I do) Gateworld's air dates. That said, the episodes on the DVD may be in production order? I never noticed. Like SeaBee said, most of the episodes - especially in Season 1 - are stand-alones, so it matters less than with other seasons. If you're talking about the R1 DVDs, I've watched them all (Seasons 1-6) in order and you don't miss anything that way.

If I recall, SciFi has always shown the Season 5 episode Fail Safe before the two-parter Summit/Last Stand, although it is the opposite (and correct) order on the R1 DVDs. This can be confusing if you're paying attention because there is a comment in Fail Safe that makes no sense if you haven't seen Summit/Last Stand. However, it isn't pivotal to understanding Fail Safe.
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I know my season one boxset is messed up. They relaunched the set about three months after they noticed the mistake but there aren't so many of these available now
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
          I know my season one boxset is messed up. They relaunched the set about three months after they noticed the mistake but there aren't so many of these available now
          My goodness, I never noticed! I did buy my set early...I think I even pre-ordered it. Given the episode numbers, my box set is in this order (21 episodes for S1 since COTG is considered one episode):

1 Children of the Gods
          2 The Enemy Within
          3 Emancipation
          4 The Broca Divide
          5 The First Commandment
          8 Brief Candle
          6 Cold Lazarus
          9 Thor's Hammer
          10 The Torment of Tantalus
          11 Bloodlines
          12 Fire and Water
          7 The Nox
          13 Hathor
          15 Cor-ai
          14 Singularity
          16 Enigma
          18 Tin Man
          17 Solitudes
          19 There But For the Grace of God
          20 Politics
          21 Within the Serpent's Grasp

By the time the box set came out, it'd been years since I'd seen them anyway. Now I'll have to watch the whole season again just to see them all in order. Oh darn.
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

i do know that if you buy the individual dvd's they separate the mid-season two parters to ensure you buy both dvds.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
              My goodness, I never noticed! I did buy my set early...I think I even pre-ordered it. Given the episode numbers, my box set is in this order (21 episodes for S1 since COTG is considered one episode):

1 Children of the Gods
              2 The Enemy Within
              3 Emancipation
              4 The Broca Divide
              5 The First Commandment
              8 Brief Candle
              6 Cold Lazarus
              9 Thor's Hammer
              10 The Torment of Tantalus
              11 Bloodlines
              12 Fire and Water
              7 The Nox
              13 Hathor
              15 Cor-ai
              14 Singularity
              16 Enigma
              18 Tin Man
              17 Solitudes
              19 There But For the Grace of God
              20 Politics
              21 Within the Serpent's Grasp

By the time the box set came out, it'd been years since I'd seen them anyway. Now I'll have to watch the whole season again just to see them all in order. Oh darn.
              Are you telling me, that if I had to buy another copy of the SG-1 season 1 set, it wouldn't be in the above order? I never saw season 1 in order on TV, so I figured the DVD order was the aired order.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                Are you telling me, that if I had to buy another copy of the SG-1 season 1 set, it wouldn't be in the above order? I never saw season 1 in order on TV, so I figured the DVD order was the aired order.
                No, it would be in that order. However, that is not the original airing order. It doesn't matter much for season 1, though. Most eps are standalone so you'd never notice the small shuffling of episodes.

Unlike the UK VHS releases, in which S1 is screwed up beyond belief.
                Last edited by Ugly Pig; 27 July 2004, 12:08 PM. Reason: Fixed stupid mistake
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It didn't particulary matter as long as the finale was the finale!
                  __

__

Comment

The order does matter on a number of season 1 episodes, just not on those that were placed out of order on the DVDs (fortunately). For instance, The Enemy Within needs to come immediately after Children of the Gods. Torment of Tantalus needs to come after Thor's Hammer (because of a reference to that episode). Enigma needs to come a while after The Nox. And of course, the last three episodes are one continuous story arc.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                    X