Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the writers shoot themselves in the foot over ZPM addresses?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the writers shoot themselves in the foot over ZPM addresses?

Sorry folks if this has been covered in other threads, but I have looked through 6 pages of threads and can't find a reference to this.

At the end of "Before I sleep" the team receive 3 gate addresses for planets where ZPMs are hidden. we then see the team solving a series of puzzles to find, and then lose, a ZPM in "The Brotherhood". Then that's it. There is no more mention of the other 2 addresses. Did the team go to them? If they didn't why not? As the city really needs those ZPMs, and a lot of the earlier episodes relate to, or at least make mention of, the need for power, then why would there be no expeditions to check out the 2 remaining addresses?

Of course, there is the point that if Atlantis gets full power too early, then a lot of the storylines are ended. So perhaps the writers should have only had 1 address on that piece of paper.
    sigpic

Well thet'd visted one of them didnt they....but martin said theyd visited them all and nothing happened. So it was just a big plothole!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

yeah... very confusing... that's just dodgy on the part of the writers i think

Comment

The childhoods end planet was one of the addresses
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

You would think they would at least put a mention in: "We wern't able to recover any ZPMs from the adresses" or something.

Comment

I think they'll go to the other planets when they absolutely need them. For example, Atlantis's ZPM is out of power and there's a massive fleet of Wraith ships on the way to Atlantis, so they absolutely need one or Atlantis will be destroyed.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              The childhoods end planet was one of the addresses
              Was the shield on that planet of ancient design or just used a zpm becasue it's not very nice giving an address of a zpm needed to defend children as where a zpm can be taken. I would think the shield must have been put later then, I wonder who done it. Would love it if it'll be in a later ep but it'll probably not be in S2. I might ask Joe about that.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes the shield was an ancient shield
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                  it's strange.
                  Its a strange paradigm indeed maybe you could ask Joe why
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    Yes the shield was an ancient shield
                    Thx, saves me asking Joe. That's makes it even stranger, why produce a shield that makes ppl kill themselves in order to stay under it and why give it as an address to get a zpm. Maybe only 1 ancient made the sheild and the rest didn't know about that, just there's a zpm there but still it's strange.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FreeStyLA
                      yeah... very confusing... that's just dodgy on the part of the writers i think
                      MCKAY: Really…*picks up sheet* see this? This is a charcoal rubbing taken from an ancient temple, built about the time Weir’s list was written. Notice anything familiar. *shot of rubbing* It’s a ZedPM. Look we are close…closer than we’ve ever been before. Now…there may very well be hundreds of zero point modules hidden in this galaxy but the only one we are remotely sure of is here. Here. Now if you ever want to go home…if you ever want to protect Atlantis from the wraith we need to find this. *points picture*

Doesn't straight out say it but this quote from Brotherhood definitly implies that they searched the other planets on the list but found nothing
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                        Thx, saves me asking Joe. That's makes it even stranger, why produce a shield that makes ppl kill themselves in order to stay under it and why give it as an address to get a zpm. Maybe only 1 ancient made the sheild and the rest didn't know about that, just there's a zpm there but still it's strange.
                        Well the shield only went up 500 years ago so chances are the ancients as a group didn't have anything to do with it. Maybe there was a stray ancient remaining until that time or some other smarty pants figured it out and that was all they were able to do at the time.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

IT WAS NOT A SHIELD!!! It was an electomagnetic field. The field makes all technology not work, including ancient technology.

Also, I believe we may be going to another of the addresses in The Tower
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

We could have gone to them and not found anything. I mean, how often do you think they go to a planet and find everything on the first try? We've seen in SG-1 how they dial different planets multiple times, it's procedure. I"m sure there will be some other explination eventually. THe ZPM's are a major plot device after all. THe writers are good enough not to be so blatently obtuse, I hope.
                            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                              IT WAS NOT A SHIELD!!! It was an electomagnetic field. The field makes all technology not work, including ancient technology.

Also, I believe we may be going to another of the addresses in The Tower
                              I know how it works, and it works like a shield as it protects the ppl of the planet, so it's an electromagnetic shield that protects against technology.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X