PDA

View Full Version : Gao'uld Asylum on Earth or what?

Elitenova
July 1st, 2004, 06:15 PM
Would it be a risk of national security to have a Gao'uld on Earth and under the highest security.

petzke_42
July 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
I suppose it depends how good the security is...

But no, probably not especially. They are less of a threat in our hands, then out there (where they have access to ships and weapons).

sarge
July 2nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
well, we've already had one apparently.. he just sorta managed to concoct a way to steal Prometheus... I'd say stealing the most advanced ship the earth has ever created is at least a slight risk :p

shockwave
July 2nd, 2004, 05:30 AM
well, we've already had one apparently.. he just sorta managed to concoct a way to steal Prometheus... I'd say stealing the most advanced ship the earth has ever created at least a slight risk :p
yeah, but that one was helped by the NID

sarge
July 2nd, 2004, 05:42 AM
yeah, but that one was helped by the NID
True… the exact people responsible for his security, the ones who should have known better. The Gao’uld are tricky, conniving little buggers, they’ll bribe cheat and lie their way out of anything. Way too much of a risk to have them here where they could cause the most damage.

priornavalperson
July 2nd, 2004, 02:14 PM
True… the exact people responsible for his security, the ones who should have known better. The Gao’uld are tricky, conniving little buggers, they’ll bribe cheat and lie their way out of anything. Way too much of a risk to have them here where they could cause the most damage.
Yes, imagine if the symbiote gets into someone political. I am assuming, of course, that that is not already the case with former VP Kinsey;) . Skill in slimyness goes a long way in politics.:rolleyes:

Elitenova
July 2nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
Yes, imagine if the symbiote gets into someone political. I am assuming, of course, that that is not already the case with former VP Kinsey;) . Skill in slimyness goes a long way in politics.:rolleyes:

I believe Kinsey is a Gao'uld and the SGC dont know about. Imagine a Gao'uld escape from their encampment and fly to France. It would be a problem in itself since the French government dont want anything to do with the American government.

Ugly Pig
July 2nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
I believe Kinsey is a Gao'uld and the SGC dont know about.
Nah... He'd been outed by Sam or Teal'c a long time ago if that was the case. :)

SGSlugger
July 2nd, 2004, 06:54 PM
What if it was one of those genetically dumb Goa'ulds from Nightwalkers? You know the ones that could only take over the host when he/she was asleep.

Unless you had the Goold under 24/7 watch at the SGC, you couldn't be sure about security, considering how sneaky the NID is.

Anubis
July 2nd, 2004, 11:31 PM
It may be fine as long as there was good security and they were always been watched

Torley
July 3rd, 2004, 02:58 AM
Unfortunately, there's always a risk.

SPOILERS

We saw this was the case with Tanith, who was watched VERY closely by the Tok'ra, who have been an enemy of the Goa'uld for over 2,000 years -- yet he managed to elude Teal'c's vengeance a couple of times.

Elitenova
July 3rd, 2004, 07:09 AM
I am not taking about the tokra. I am talking about the Gaould flying to France and demanding political asylum from the French government. Would the american send Delta Force or some other special forces to retreive the Gaould?

Ugly Pig
July 3rd, 2004, 07:15 AM
I doubt the French government would grant a runaway goa'uld political asylum. Remember that France is in on the whole Stargate thing now.

hail_jack
July 3rd, 2004, 08:33 AM
Maybe they will pump him for information such as the proprolusion (spelling) systems in Death Gliders or Hatak construction...especially if the NID get hold of him.

Torley
July 3rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
I am not taking about the tokra. I am talking about the Gaould flying to France and demanding political asylum from the French government. Would the american send Delta Force or some other special forces to retreive the Gaould?

My point being, as you were following my line of thought ;), if the Tok'ra couldn't effectively do it -- again, having known the Goa'uld (and are in fact of the same species as the Goa'uld) for millennia -- what makes you think humans, French ones in this instance, could do it?

The Goa'uld could likely only keep up the premise of seeking asylum for long before his/her power-hungry ambitions showed again. Including a takeover of the Eiffel tower.

Goa'uld on Earth get ugly, always. Observe: Hathor, Seth :)

Of course, as Ugly Pig said, the story has since moved on . . .

Teal'c
July 3rd, 2004, 02:45 PM
So nobody's read the spoilers for Zero Hour then? :P

Elitenova
July 3rd, 2004, 02:49 PM
We're making conversation with the Gaould and French thing. Since they dont want to help us with the war on terror and in Afghanistan then they wont help us with the war on the Gaould.

Ugly Pig
July 3rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Since they dont want to help us with the war on terror and in Afghanistan then they wont help us with the war on the Gaould.
The situation doesn't really compare. The goa'uld are out to make slaves of the French as much as anyone else, and they know it. Why wouldn't they help?

Teal'c
July 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM
The situation doesn't really compare. The goa'uld are out to make slaves of the French as much as anyone else, and they know it. Why wouldn't they help?
Because Elitenova here has jumped on the French-hating bandwagon and is trying to draw real-world politics into a fictional show, for what reason... je ne sais pas! :P

Viva la France!!! :P

Elitenova
July 5th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Sorry, I gotten into a moment. But in the lowdown, Danile was talking to Dr. Weir about the Gao'uld seeking asylum on earth and she asked him which one and Daniel said All of them.

Teal'c
July 6th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Sorry, I gotten into a moment. But in the lowdown, Danile was talking to Dr. Weir about the Gao'uld seeking asylum on earth and she asked him which one and Daniel said All of them.
TREATY. They were asking for a treaty with Earth... quite different to asylum! :P

rihannsu
July 6th, 2004, 09:58 AM
I didn't hear the part about them asking for asylum. Hmm- yet another reason to watch it again tonight. :cool:

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 09:59 AM
The treaty to help them battle against a common enemy!

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Trust the Goa'uld ? I don't think so.
They cannot, will not, and must not ever be trusted.
Their evilness is beyond doubt.

Elitenova
July 6th, 2004, 04:42 PM
okay If the Replicator is fighting the Gaould, then the war against the Asgard is finally over.

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 11:09 PM
If we and the Gou'ald defeat the enemy, then we may be able to do something like an agreement. Probably the most trusted Gou'ald is Yu but he still can't be trusted

sarge
July 7th, 2004, 05:46 AM
okay If the Replicator is fighting the Gaould, then the war against the Asgard is finally over.
Why do you say that? Maybe the Replicators think the Gao'uld have the tech needed to finally beat the Asgard. If the replicators can assimilate the gao’uld’s tech, they might just have enough resources/weapons to take out the Asgard.

Janus
July 7th, 2004, 09:35 AM
But as long as the Replicators are fighting the Goa'uld, the Asgard can rebuild their civilization.
And maybe the Tok'Ra can use this to get there business up and running again.
So there are good sides to the conflict.

AgentX
July 7th, 2004, 09:54 AM
I think back to Benjamin Franklin : "There is no such thing as a good war, or a bad peace", but he hadn't met the Goa'uld. I think there are advantages to having conflicts on multiple fronts. The problem occurs when one side wins and invariably turns on one another.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 10:00 AM
I agree. If we win, the Gou'ald will probably want to turn against us

Elitenova
July 7th, 2004, 04:33 PM
That would be a scary thought for the SGC. General O'Neill always say "We cant trust a gao'uld nor yu"

Daniel: You can always trust me Jack.

Jack: I know I can trust you, be we have to be careful with Yu.

Daniel: You have dont have to worry about me Jack

Jack: Can you stop for a moment. I am talking about Yu.

Daniel: What about me?