This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gao'uld Asylum on Earth or what?

Would it be a risk of national security to have a Gao'uld on Earth and under the highest security.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

I suppose it depends how good the security is...

But no, probably not especially. They are less of a threat in our hands, then out there (where they have access to ships and weapons).
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

well, we've already had one apparently.. he just sorta managed to concoct a way to steal Prometheus... I'd say stealing the most advanced ship the earth has ever created is at least a slight risk
      Last edited by sarge; 02 July 2004, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
        well, we've already had one apparently.. he just sorta managed to concoct a way to steal Prometheus... I'd say stealing the most advanced ship the earth has ever created at least a slight risk
        yeah, but that one was helped by the NID

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
          yeah, but that one was helped by the NID
          True… the exact people responsible for his security, the ones who should have known better. The Gao’uld are tricky, conniving little buggers, they’ll bribe cheat and lie their way out of anything. Way too much of a risk to have them here where they could cause the most damage.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
            True… the exact people responsible for his security, the ones who should have known better. The Gao’uld are tricky, conniving little buggers, they’ll bribe cheat and lie their way out of anything. Way too much of a risk to have them here where they could cause the most damage.
            Yes, imagine if the symbiote gets into someone political. I am assuming, of course, that that is not already the case with former VP Kinsey . Skill in slimyness goes a long way in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by priornavalperson
              Yes, imagine if the symbiote gets into someone political. I am assuming, of course, that that is not already the case with former VP Kinsey . Skill in slimyness goes a long way in politics.

I believe Kinsey is a Gao'uld and the SGC dont know about. Imagine a Gao'uld escape from their encampment and fly to France. It would be a problem in itself since the French government dont want anything to do with the American government.
              sigpic
              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
                I believe Kinsey is a Gao'uld and the SGC dont know about.
                Nah... He'd been outed by Sam or Teal'c a long time ago if that was the case.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

What if it was one of those genetically dumb Goa'ulds from Nightwalkers? You know the ones that could only take over the host when he/she was asleep.

Unless you had the Goold under 24/7 watch at the SGC, you couldn't be sure about security, considering how sneaky the NID is.
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

It may be fine as long as there was good security and they were always been watched
                    __

__

Comment

Unfortunately, there's always a risk.

SPOILERS

We saw this was the case with Tanith, who was watched VERY closely by the Tok'ra, who have been an enemy of the Goa'uld for over 2,000 years -- yet he managed to elude Teal'c's vengeance a couple of times.
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I am not taking about the tokra. I am talking about the Gaould flying to France and demanding political asylum from the French government. Would the american send Delta Force or some other special forces to retreive the Gaould?
                        sigpic

Comment

I doubt the French government would grant a runaway goa'uld political asylum. Remember that France is in on the whole Stargate thing now.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Maybe they will pump him for information such as the proprolusion (spelling) systems in Death Gliders or Hatak construction...especially if the NID get hold of him.
                            Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                            O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
                              I am not taking about the tokra. I am talking about the Gaould flying to France and demanding political asylum from the French government. Would the american send Delta Force or some other special forces to retreive the Gaould?
                              My point being, as you were following my line of thought , if the Tok'ra couldn't effectively do it -- again, having known the Goa'uld (and are in fact of the same species as the Goa'uld) for millennia -- what makes you think humans, French ones in this instance, could do it?

The Goa'uld could likely only keep up the premise of seeking asylum for long before his/her power-hungry ambitions showed again. Including a takeover of the Eiffel tower.

Goa'uld on Earth get ugly, always. Observe: Hathor, Seth

Of course, as Ugly Pig said, the story has since moved on . . .
                              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
                              X