PDA

View Full Version : Stargate: Horizon Blogs

Alex Rubit
August 26th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone,

a few months ago we've started what we've called the Stargate: Horizon Blog. It's a blog, which has thus far been updated by Sam and myself. However, it's a general blog which can be used by all Horizon staff members. So, in time perhaps you'll find posts made by some more of us there.

In addition to that, I've started my own blog a few months back. Since then I've been focusing on updating that one on a regular basis. In fact, you'll find an all new entry which I made today. I figured, the big announcement of Horizon now being affiliated with GateWorld was a nice occasion. ;)

You'll find the general Horizon blog at http://www.stargatehorizon.blogspot.com. My blog is located at http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com, or by clicking on the probably obvious link in my signature.

We're working on several additional website updates; one of them will be to include links to the blogs on the site as well. Feel free to leave comments on the blogs, ask questions, anything you like. I believe you can't subscribe to these blogs (but I might be wrong); just for all cases, I'll let you know whenever there's an update.

I should mention I tend to include some hints about upcoming episodes in these blog entries; not that I'd ever, ever give away major spoilers (how could I even think about doing such a thing?), but also several episode titles have been revealed in the blog over the last couple of entries.

For those of you interested, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Osiris-RA
August 26th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I have a blogger as well (see sig) which Isn't updated very often :o I'll have to amend that. I'll also try out the SGH official blog too. May help in brainstorming. :D

Elite Anubis Guard
August 27th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Its about time the general one got some action. Your person one is however quite enlightening.

captain keys
September 2nd, 2005, 06:48 AM
uh yeah i have a qusetion where ,what time ,does it aer like is it on tv or on the net where?????

Qasim
September 2nd, 2005, 07:30 AM
It doesnt air its just a script

Elite Anubis Guard
September 2nd, 2005, 09:07 AM
It doesnt air its just a script
Ya know, something tells me they should get the FAQ up soon.... :rolleyes:

Qasim
September 2nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Something tells me I should get around to reading Horizon sometime - when will the rest of the primer be up

Alex Rubit
September 2nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
uh yeah i have a qusetion where ,what time ,does it aer like is it on tv or on the net where?????

It's a virtual series. Virtual series means that it it's conceived and written just like a television show. Every episode is just like a one hour episode on television; the episodes are released weekly with Season Two starting in about three weeks (September 22nd). Just as much hard work goes into developing, writing, rewriting, and editing the scripts as on a TV show; the only difference is the episodes aren't actually shot.

What we're currently working on, however, is some 3D art galleries, and pretty soon even some CG videos. It's too early to tell when exactly that will happen, but it's in very early stages of development right now. ;)

All 22 episodes of Season One are available for download right here (http://www.stargatehorizon.com/episodes.php).

Alex Rubit
September 2nd, 2005, 09:39 AM
Ya know, something tells me they should get the FAQ up soon.... :rolleyes:

Yup. That's very true. We should be getting around to that within the next few days.

Alex Rubit
September 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Something tells me I should get around to reading Horizon sometime - when will the rest of the primer be up

The second part will most likely be up around Monday or Tuesday.

Even if you don't get around to reading too much of Season One, it's pretty easy to catch up at the beginning of Season Two. Some of the most crucial episodes (other than the pilot) would definitely be the final seven episodes of Season One. They're all part of an arc, which sets up a lot of what we'll be seeing/reading in Season Two.

Qasim
September 2nd, 2005, 09:47 AM
The second part will most likely be up around Monday or Tuesday.

Even if you don't get around to reading too much of Season One, it's pretty easy to catch up at the beginning of Season Two. Some of the most crucial episodes (other than the pilot) would definitely be the final seven episodes of Season One. They're all part of an arc, which sets up a lot of what we'll be seeing/reading in Season Two.I intend to read all of season one but I would like to read the full primer first

Sobek
September 5th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Alright, I've read the blog and I love it... And I'm telling you, I do not love alot of things! Can't wait for more :D

Btw, I need to see 24 badly, I once tried to see season 1, but only made it through 5-6 eppys...

Alex Rubit
September 5th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Alright, I've read the blog and I love it... And I'm telling you, I do not love alot of things! Can't wait for more :D

Btw, I need to see 24 badly, I once tried to see season 1, but only made it through 5-6 eppys...

Thanks. I'm glad you've enjoyed it. :)

And, yes, you should watch 24. Now, in my opinion Season One is great; it's what made me a fan. But that's nothing compared to later seasons. It's just gotten better and better, which is of course the way it's supposed to be. I can't really say that I have a favorite season, but Season Four (especially the back half) definitely consists of some of the very best episodes of the entire series. I think it's a great show! Very unique.

GateMan2000
September 5th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Alex...I have read over some of your scripts...not a bad storyline. Have you pitched any of these to Mallozzi or Martin Gero?

Erik Pasternak
September 5th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Alex...I have read over some of your scripts...not a bad storyline. Have you pitched any of these to Mallozzi or Martin Gero?
TPTB at Stargate don't except freelance pitches without agents. I believe Alex will be getting one next year, so we'll see then.

Alex Rubit
September 5th, 2005, 07:43 PM

Thanks. I'm glad you've enjoyed the episodes that much.

Unfortunately the writers/producers at Stargate wouldn't be allowed to accept pitches without an agent. But as Erik hinted, next year this time I shall have an agent. And I do have a couple of ideas that I could pitch.

I should explain, I currently live in Houston, Texas. And in order to really get into the business and get an agent, you'd have to be in Los Angeles. So right now I'm working on getting the budget together, and the plan is to move over to LA next year around summer. And if I could have any job I like, I'd then actually be moving to Vancouver to work on SG-1 and Atlantis. ;)

Sobek
September 6th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks. I'm glad you've enjoyed the episodes that much.

Unfortunately the writers/producers at Stargate wouldn't be allowed to accept pitches without an agent. But as Erik hinted, next year this time I shall have an agent. And I do have a couple of ideas that I could pitch.

I should explain, I currently live in Houston, Texas. And in order to really get into the business and get an agent, you'd have to be in Los Angeles. So right now I'm working on getting the budget together, and the plan is to move over to LA next year around summer. And if I could have any job I like, I'd then actually be moving to Vancouver to work on SG-1 and Atlantis. ;)

It sounds like it could get tough, but if anyone can do it, I bet you can :)

Alex Rubit
September 6th, 2005, 01:39 PM
It sounds like it could get tough, but if anyone can do it, I bet you can :)

Wow. Thanks again! I really appreciate that. ;)

Erik Pasternak
September 6th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I've updated the Stargate: Horizon blog (http://www.stargatehorizon.blogspot.com/)! Don't forget to take a look!

Alex Rubit
September 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM
My blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has been updated...by someone. Actually I think it was me. Yup. Looks like it could have been me. Hm.

It's true, Erik and I take turns when it comes to blog updating.

Keep in mind it's mixture of personal blog and Horizon blog, so maybe you'll find a broad variety of topics in there. But most of them are related to Horizon. Seriously. ;)

Sobek
September 9th, 2005, 08:39 AM
My blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has been updated...by someone. Actually I think it was me. Yup. Looks like it could have been me. Hm.

It's true, Erik and I take turns when it comes to blog updating.

Keep in mind it's mixture of personal blog and Horizon blog, so maybe you'll find a broad variety of topics in there. But most of them are related to Horizon. Seriously. ;)

I love the way you break it down - you're speaking my language... Which is actually a kind of b-, c- or maybe even a d-language for me, but THAT doesn't really matter... :D

"Go through Stargate, get into trouble"-episode :cool:

Elite Anubis Guard
September 9th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Some cool stuff on there.

Alex Rubit
September 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Just updated my blog. (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) You might even find one or two new episode titles in there. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
September 19th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Cool stuff, pretty interesting.

Simonthefurling
September 20th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I commented on your blog :)

Alex Rubit
September 20th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I commented on your blog :)

I just saw it, and replied. ;)

StevetheWraith!
September 24th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Hi ya Alex nice job on Season 1, and on the two blogs. Its awesome that your blog also doubles as a backstage pass! I love following the bread crumbs of info! Good luck on the whole ascension thing next year, I hope that the whole LA things works out for you. I can't wait to see what that highly classified screenplay of yours is about :D

Alex Rubit
September 30th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Hi ya Alex nice job on Season 1, and on the two blogs. Its awesome that your blog also doubles as a backstage pass! I love following the bread crumbs of info! Good luck on the whole ascension thing next year, I hope that the whole LA things works out for you. I can't wait to see what that highly classified screenplay of yours is about :D

Thanks. :)

And on that note, the blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has been updated with hints about some upcoming episodes. Check it out, and feel free to speculate. ;)

StevetheWraith!
October 1st, 2005, 03:30 AM
Thanks. :)

And on that note, the blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has been updated with hints about some upcoming episodes. Check it out, and feel free to speculate. ;)
Hi ya Alex. Yeah the blog update had some great SGH tidbits in it. I love new characters and I can't wait to see who he/she is and why he/she is a rebel (is that the right word? mmm is he/she like Dr McKay ?! Man I love that guy :) ). Furthermore, I can't wait for Connections because it sounds so cool. The word connections reminds me of the SG-1 episode, Avenger 2.0. I really liked Jay because I thought that he was such a sweet, funny and geeky character. I wonder if the new geeky character has a bit of Felger in him (I think that in the other blog Sam said that a Zelenka type charcter was in the pipeline) Boy, I have babbled for too long :D Catch you later guys, bye.

Alex Rubit
October 2nd, 2005, 09:51 PM
Hi ya Alex. Yeah the blog update had some great SGH tidbits in it. I love new characters and I can't wait to see who he/she is and why he/she is a rebel (is that the right word? mmm is he/she like Dr McKay ?! Man I love that guy :) ). Furthermore, I can't wait for Connections because it sounds so cool. The word connections reminds me of the SG-1 episode, Avenger 2.0. I really liked Jay because I thought that he was such a sweet, funny and geeky character. I wonder if the new geeky character has a bit of Felger in him (I think that in the other blog Sam said that a Zelenka type charcter was in the pipeline) Boy, I have babbled for too long :D Catch you later guys, bye.

Only four more days, and these questions regarding the new character shall be answered. Basically there'll be a few new characters, who will show up in "Connection." In addition to the character mentioned in the blog, we'll also be seeing this Zelenka/Lee-like couple. Two scientists, who play a very important role in this week's episode, and who have some very, uh, interesting personalities.

I guess I could post some more about this character from the blog in the days ahead. A few weeks back, there was some info about him released at the Horizon forum, including the actor who's been "cast" for the part. If there's any interest, we could start releasing the "recurring cast." I hope that won't confuse any more people into thinking this is a television show, though. ;)

And speaking of Jay Felger, I really like him as well. I wonder if he'll ever show up on Horizon. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 2nd, 2005, 10:53 PM
He will...I know it...fantastic three...I figured it out...cookie?

Alex Rubit
October 12th, 2005, 10:27 PM
My blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has been updated with a midnight blog update and lots of birthdays! A tone of birthdays!

What's that all about? Check it out!!! (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) ;)

Alex Rubit
October 26th, 2005, 08:05 PM
He will...I know it...fantastic three...I figured it out...cookie?

Hm. For more on that, I recommend checking out the latest blog update (http://alex-sgh.blogspot.com).

Referring to my blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com), by the way. It's been updated, and maybe one or two hints can be found in there. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 27th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Nice update. I'm on the third disk of season1 of 24 myself.

Alex Rubit
October 27th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Nice update. I'm on the third disk of season1 of 24 myself.

I'm very pleased to see I've gotten yet another new viewer to watch 24. So many people first started watching it because of me; that just shows what a positive influence I have on everyone. :D

I think after the ending of Season One, you should have this urge to watch Season Two.

AzMcNeil
November 8th, 2005, 07:58 AM
The entire staff should go to MySpace and create a group there...it would be a good area for the fans to get to know us all alot better. We could post pictures and randomness to show them all that we are all real people :) You've seen my page Alex so you know I'm real...well real weird I guess :D

SierraGulf1
November 8th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Sorry, I'm fake. :o

AzMcNeil
November 8th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Sorry, I'm fake. :o

Ya know! I kinda figured that. We've been telling tall-tales about you for years and we're still debating your existence. Man or Myth...dunno :D

Alex Rubit
November 8th, 2005, 09:09 AM
The entire staff should go to MySpace and create a group there...it would be a good area for the fans to get to know us all alot better. We could post pictures and randomness to show them all that we are all real people :) You've seen my page Alex so you know I'm real...well real weird I guess :D

Yeah, that's a good idea. We'll have to look into that. Actually if I had any new pictures of myself, I would have posted them already. I guess it's not too hard to get some. ;)

I'm not sure if I'm real actually. Because, if you think about, what is real? For all we know the world is just a virtual simulation of reality. :D

AzMcNeil
November 8th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure if I'm real actually. Because, if you think about, what is real? For all we know the world is just a virtual simulation of reality. :D

Don't get all "Enter The Matrix" on me people :)

Alex Rubit
November 25th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Well, I realize it's been a while, but I've finally once again updated that blog of mine. If you're in any way interested in some hints regarding some upcoming episodes, including the mid-season two parter, then you should check it out. ;)

Just follow this link (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com), and you'll get to where you need to be.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 26th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Interesting....The Chamber...so many possibilities.

SierraGulf1
November 26th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Sounds like you made some progress while I was gone. I'll have to go have a look at the Yahoo group to see TDTP outline. :)

Alex Rubit
December 23rd, 2005, 07:26 PM
I've once more updated my blog! (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) Just follow the link to check it out. It's got the usual mixture and broad variety of topics, although a lot of it contains hints and never before revealed info on upcoming episodes. ;)

Enjoy!

Elite Anubis Guard
December 24th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Well that was certainly interesting but it's a shame we wont be seeing anything of this christmas idea.

Alex Rubit
December 24th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Well that was certainly interesting but it's a shame we wont be seeing anything of this christmas idea.

We could always consider doing it after all. It would certainly be unique. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
December 24th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Would make an interesting 100th episode.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 7th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Say, when are you going to update again, Alex? It's been a while.

Alex Rubit
January 7th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Say, when are you going to update again, Alex? It's been a while.

Keep an eye out for it either later tonight or tomorrow. ;)

Elite Anubis Guard
January 8th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Lol both are quiet lately....

Alex Rubit
January 8th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Haven't forgotten about it. But the way it looks the new update will be coming up early this week (if I don't get to it tomorrow, then I'm definitely aiming for Tuesday).

I'll try to make it worth the wait. ;)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Thursday...

SierraGulf1
January 12th, 2006, 05:02 PM
When you read 2.12, you'll see why the blog update has been delayed. Alex hasn't forgotten, perhaps he'll even update tonight.

Alex Rubit
January 14th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Well, it's taken a little longer than expected, but... it's finally happened! My blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has been updated. :indeed:

Just click on the link (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) to get to it, and enjoy the inspiring, thought provoking notions that have been laid out for you. :cameronanime10:

On another note, I really like these new smileys. :hammond03: :jack: :ronan: :sam: :mckayanime17:

Elite Anubis Guard
January 15th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Lol look at him, trying to convine us he has a private life.

Alex Rubit
January 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Lol look at him, trying to convine us he has a private life.

I'm trying. :jack_new_anime06: :hammond03: :sheppard28: :ronan:

Elite Anubis Guard
January 15th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I like the title "Path of Revelation"...makes me wonder what the revelation of the episode is...

Alex Rubit
January 16th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I like the title "Path of Revelation"...makes me wonder what the revelation of the episode is...

That's a really good question. :beckettanime14:

Alex Rubit
January 29th, 2006, 08:26 PM
My blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has been updated. Just follow the link, as usual. ;)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 29th, 2006, 08:51 PM
So... announcing two new writers... guess that means I didn't make it. *sigh* I expected that.

Well, Night Terror sounds interesting. Is it a stand-alone or arc episode, or can you not tell us yet?

TechnoWraith
January 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM
So... announcing two new writers... guess that means I didn't make it. *sigh* I expected that.

Well, Night Terror sounds interesting. Is it a stand-alone or arc episode, or can you not tell us yet?

Try not to be disappointed if you didn't make it this time around. I'm sure there will be more opportunities to join the horizon team. The series appears to have a decent following, so if things really start to take off, i'm sure there will be room for more people to join in and help out. :)

Elite Anubis Guard
January 30th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I'll post about this later. At school now.

Alex Rubit
January 31st, 2006, 07:37 AM

Have replied to your PM. :)

"Night Terrors" is a stand-alone episode.

Alex Rubit
February 21st, 2006, 06:11 PM
My blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has been updated. For those interested, just click on the link to check it out.

SierraGulf1
February 21st, 2006, 06:59 PM
Haven't seen last night's 24? The ending's a real breathtaker, I loved it! :jack:

As for that draft of mine you're waiting for, I'm hoping for tomorrow or Thursday. It all depends on homework, really, although I'd like to finally finish her up.

Good read, I say.

Elite Anubis Guard
February 21st, 2006, 11:51 PM
I didn't know you like Boston Legal. I keep trying to watch that but I can't find any TV channel which shows it regularly. Is it out on DVD?

Alex Rubit
February 22nd, 2006, 07:22 AM
I didn't know you like Boston Legal. I keep trying to watch that but I can't find any TV channel which shows it regularly. Is it out on DVD?

I don't think it's out on DVD yet. I haven't seen it anywhere.

Alex Rubit
February 22nd, 2006, 07:24 AM
Haven't seen last night's 24? The ending's a real breathtaker, I loved it! :jack:

Yup. It definitely was great. Obviously I've seen it now. :cameron:

As for that draft of mine you're waiting for, I'm hoping for tomorrow or Thursday. It all depends on homework, really, although I'd like to finally finish her up.

Good read, I say.

Looking forward to that.

SierraGulf1
February 26th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Updated my blog, with some of you may not have known about:

http://www.sgulf1.blogspot.com

SierraGulf1
March 9th, 2006, 02:48 PM
...And again.

Alex Rubit
March 9th, 2006, 09:06 PM
...And again.

Yup. Great season of 24. Quite brilliant it is. :cameron:

SierraGulf1
March 19th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Trying to update more frequently, jsut posted a new entry.

Wineblood
March 20th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Trying to update more frequently, jsut posted a new entry.

Nice one, it's good to know how the season is coming along just before episodes start again. Just updated my blog with the stuff you left out.

Alex Rubit
March 22nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
My blog (http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com) has also been updated. Just on time for the premiere.

SierraGulf1
March 23rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
That's odd, I'm not seeing the new entry posted.

Alex Rubit
March 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
That's odd, I'm not seeing the new entry posted.

I'm seeing it. You might just have to click on it again.

oracle65
March 27th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Hi, I'm still learning to navigate this site. I hope I'm posting in the right place. First I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work keeping this virtual series going. I think it's great! It's especially nice with a long wait until July and season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis.

Have you considered an alternate virtual actor for Chase Reynolds since Ben Browder has another role in the Stargate universe?

Do you have virtual actors in mind for guest roles like Sonak?

Finally, I am an English major and while I'm not trying to be overly critical, there are several words that are consistently mispelled. As they are actual words they don't get caught with spellcheck.

"college" is an institution of higher learning.
"colleague" is an associate or coworker.

"rouge" is a reddish cosmetic powder applied to the cheeks or lips.
"rogue" is a mischievous scoundrel

"recipe" is a list of ingredients in a dish or drink
"recopy" is not actually a word in the dictionary (that I can find). I assume it means to copy something more than once.

Thanks again for all of the hard work from the entire Horizon team from a true Stargate fan.

Oracle65

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
March 27th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Aw, it's the first true new member in ages to fall into the "newbie" category, and not be a total n00b. :) Good to see the general IQ of the population improving. Anyway, no, this wasn't the right place, there's actually an "Ask the Horizon Team" thread that this would have fit perfectly into, but it's good to know that you're willing to learn that.
Welcome to Gateworld!

SierraGulf1
March 27th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah, we've got a spellchecker, so you shouldn't be seeing spelling errors anymore. Those have been a problem in the past, however.

There hasn't really been any consideration for Chase Reynolds, I think by the time Ben was announced as playing Mitchell on SG-1, Chase had already become the perfect part. Of course, if this were actually airing on TV< another actor would have to be found.

Alex Rubit
March 28th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Hi, I'm still learning to navigate this site. I hope I'm posting in the right place. First I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work keeping this virtual series going. I think it's great! It's especially nice with a long wait until July and season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis.

Hey oracle,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the show. And we do purposely release new episodes when Sci-Fi and the UK are airing reruns. We've started doing that with this season, and I think we'll stick with it. :)

Have you considered an alternate virtual actor for Chase Reynolds since Ben Browder has another role in the Stargate universe?

There haven't really been any considerations for alternatives, mainly since we've had chosen Ben before he had joined SG-1. I couldn't really think of anyone else. I think he fits both characters (Reynolds and Mitchell) very well.

Do you have virtual actors in mind for guest roles like Sonak?

Steven Culp is the actor Sonak is written for. We do have an entire guest cast list, which we should post here. Scott MacDonald is the perfect guy for Sivok, Daniel Dae Kim is our Colonel Sato, John M. Jackson is General Williams, Melinda Clarke the Nebulan Woman, and of course Keith Hamilton Kobb and Armin Shimerman are Bay'lar and Zach respectively, to only name a few. ;)

I'll make sure to post the entire list as soon as possible.

Finally, I am an English major and while I'm not trying to be overly critical, there are several words that are consistently mispelled. As they are actual words they don't get caught with spellcheck.

"college" is an institution of higher learning.
"colleague" is an associate or coworker.

"rouge" is a reddish cosmetic powder applied to the cheeks or lips.
"rogue" is a mischievous scoundrel

"recipe" is a list of ingredients in a dish or drink
"recopy" is not actually a word in the dictionary (that I can find). I assume it means to copy something more than once.

Yeah, those are the spelling mistakes where a spell checker won't do you any good. Thanks for bringing that up, but we're paying extra attention to making sure they get caught on time now.

Thanks again for all of the hard work from the entire Horizon team from a true Stargate fan.

Oracle65

Again, those comments are greatly appreceated. Thanks to you and everyone who's following the show.

I hope you enjoy the upcoming episodes.

Alex Rubit
April 18th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Alright, you're not gonna believe this, people. But I've actually UPDATED MY BLOG!!! No. You're not imagening this, it's true. It happened just a moment ago.

It reveals some interesting info, perhaps even some episode titles. Hmm. ;)

Anyway, the url is http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
April 19th, 2006, 04:28 AM
*bubble*
*bubble*
*EXPLODE* KIH'ANDARI KIH'ANDARI KIH'ANDARI!!!!!!!
Yes, in case you haven't noticed, I'm really excited to see more episodes with their fellows, and now, "Preemptive Strike" and "Revolution" pretty much assure me that we'll get to see them again.^_^

BorgMan
April 19th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Well I'm glad myself that now at last episodes can get art with them as well :)

Major Zoidberg
April 19th, 2006, 06:58 AM
what is the number of people reading horizon in the 30's or 100's? you must be able to tell how many downbloads the scripts have :) not asking for an exact figure just a hint.

*must read the new eps of season 2* :o

Alex Rubit
April 19th, 2006, 07:44 AM
what is the number of people reading horizon in the 30's or 100's? you must be able to tell how many downbloads the scripts have :) not asking for an exact figure just a hint.

*must read the new eps of season 2* :o

Well, thanks to some large scale advertising on GateWorld prior to the start of Season Two, the number of readers had grown quite a bit. It's a lot more than that actually, but only a very small part of readers post here on the forum or comment on episodes.

Judging by the number of PDF downloads, the average number of readers is somewhere in the 1000's.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
April 19th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I googled StarGate Horizon, and it was even mentioned on a site in Hebrew! Couldn't figure out quite what it meant, but it's interesting to know that you really are reaching fans all over the world.

Major Zoidberg
April 19th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Well, thanks to some large scale advertising on GateWorld prior to the start of Season Two, the number of readers had grown quite a bit. It's a lot more than that actually, but only a very small part of readers post here on the forum or comment on episodes.

Judging by the number of PDF downloads, the average number of readers is somewhere in the 1000's.

*faints* :eek:

now i know why you bother with it ;)

mentalmichael
April 19th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Thousands? Wow, I didn't think it would be anywhere near that!

Congratulations are in order, I'd say.

Major Zoidberg
April 19th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Yes...condradulations alex, an co! :D

may horizon prosper for many years to come :cool:

SierraGulf1
April 19th, 2006, 02:22 PM
That's what we're hoping for.

I suppose I should go update SGU. Unless something very unexpected happens, the air dates, titles, and release order as they stand will not change. Things are winding down, and the season will soon end.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 19th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Lol well that beats our average of about 40 :-/

Major Zoidberg
April 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
i'd read destiny but i'm to busy with 6th form at the mo :(

Maybey in the summer :)

Alex Rubit
April 20th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Thanks everyone.

It is quite amazing to see how many people seem to be following the series. It's taken a while to get there of course. During Season One the number of readers was quite a bit smaller. But after more people had become aware of it, more people had started reading it. So over time that might happen with Destiny as well. ;)

Major Zoidberg
April 20th, 2006, 05:01 AM
You could always beg to have the episodes advertsied on gateworld

that must get hundreds of thousands of hits a day, the season 2 advertiseing was how i discovered it, stayed up till 3 in the morning reading the pilot :o

Elite Anubis Guard
April 20th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Took me over a week to read the pilot. If we are being honest, I wasnt that impressed with the pilot cos of all the nagging similarites to Ent in it, but after that, I fell in love.

Major Zoidberg
April 20th, 2006, 08:41 AM
i noticed that...tradeing complex :p having thor napped right of poor valiant :( the list goes on lucky for you i like enterprise ;)

SierraGulf1
May 14th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Yeah, the first few episodes have a few parallels (so I've heard, I've actually never seen a ST ep of any series) to Ent, but it appears it found its own independent footing at some point around season one.

Elite Anubis Guard
May 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Around The Enoly actually.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
May 14th, 2006, 01:24 PM
*here's hoping that someone actually updates their blog soon*

SierraGulf1
May 14th, 2006, 02:19 PM
As requested, I just updated my blog with an entry. It's basically a look back at 2.01-2.19, as well as the usual minor hints and progression notes about the five upcoming episodes.

Here it is (http://www.sgulf1.blogspot.com)

Alex Rubit
May 14th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Around The Enoly actually.

I agree. But the series was definitely not like Enterprise all the way up to that episode. :cameron:

I don't know why, since it wasn't intended that way, but with "The Enoly" the series had definitely taken off. To me it feels almost like the premiere of a Season 1.5, probably since it introduces so many new elements.

Back on topic: I'll read this blog in a moment. ;)

Alex Rubit
May 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM
Since it's been a while, I figured it was really time for me to update my blog once again. ;)

http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com

Elite Anubis Guard
May 21st, 2006, 10:33 PM
Will we getta see these concept arts?

Alex Rubit
May 22nd, 2006, 07:01 AM
Will we getta see these concept arts?

Indeed, we will.

Alex Rubit
May 23rd, 2006, 08:06 PM
I know what you're saying: this can't be true! But it is. I've updated my blog, less than 48 hours after the last update! :cameron:

Elite Anubis Guard
May 23rd, 2006, 11:06 PM
Interesting stuff.

SierraGulf1
June 4th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Updated my blog again with a much shorter post than last time. It's a post none the less. :)

Click here (http://www.sgulf1.blogspot.com/)

Alex Rubit
June 9th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Updated my blog once again.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 16th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Just read both your blogs. Cool stuff. Am glad to see your sorting out S3 already, but a November release? That's like..close to christmas.

Alex Rubit
June 16th, 2006, 06:35 PM
It'll probably be a late October premiere - the last Thursday in October, which, I believe, is the 26th. It's later than last year; however, it will bring a few advantages. Most importantly, since Season Two will end on June 29th, the break isn't any longer than it had been between seasons one and two. It's just a month later.

And due to a later premiere date, we'll be able to structure the release of the season differently. There'll definitely be a much shorter mid-season break, if at all. Maybe we'll be going for two breaks of about three to four weeks, which would put the season finale back into May. I've been looking over the dates lately, trying to come up with an improved and ideal way of releasing the episodes throughout the season. ;)

We should be announcing the official premiere date for Season Three probably within the next week.

Alex Rubit
June 27th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I've just finished updating my blog once again.

http://alex-sgh.blogspot.com

Elite Anubis Guard
June 27th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Oh man, I feel sorry for you. Reformatting is such a tidious job.

Alex Rubit
June 28th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Oh man, I feel sorry for you. Reformatting is such a tidious job.

It really is. Like I said, that's one of the great things about that software. It does most of the reformating on its own.

SierraGulf1
June 30th, 2006, 03:33 PM
In regards to the software, I'm not sure I have the funds or means to make such a purchase. I hate to continue with Scriptsmart and its countless errors, but I'm not sure I'll have much of a choice.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
July 1st, 2006, 06:33 PM
Why don't you just use good old MS Word? It's inconvenient to add in all the script stuff, but I do it, and although I'm a bit off, that's just from forced habit. Seriously, though, MS Word isn't that hard to use for formatting scripts.

SierraGulf1
September 28th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Well, I just realized that I failed to mention that I updated my blog a few days ago, before the previously unrevealed titles became revealed. Hopefully you'll still find it interesting.

http://www.sgulf1.blogspot.com

Wineblood
September 29th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Yep, I saw my name more than once, so it qualifies as interesting :cool:

Alex Rubit
October 24th, 2006, 09:26 PM
To celebrate the big event of Season Three about to premiere, I've actually updated my blog. Can you believe it? :D

www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com

Elite Anubis Guard
October 24th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Everone! Get your cameras out and take a picture of this rare event!

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
October 25th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Fantastic! But, wait - where does this put "Recall?"

Alex Rubit
October 25th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Fantastic! But, wait - where does this put "Recall?"

"Recall" is kind of on hold for now; but the story that might become episode fifteen is similar in some ways to "Recall." It's a diffrent take on basically the same subject.

Alex Rubit
October 25th, 2006, 05:08 AM

I'm hoping it won't be that rare anymore from now on. :cameron:

Elles
October 25th, 2006, 09:17 AM

Indeed!

This is a tale I shalt tell my grandchildren under the title of...

"The Day The Blog Was Updated"

SierraGulf1
November 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Annnnnd I just updated my blogs with the titles for 3.11 and 3.12, although 3.10 shall remain a secret.

Alex Rubit
November 14th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I've updated my blog as well. ;)

Alex Rubit
December 12th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Just updated my blog with all the latest gossip. So what are you waiting for? Check it out. Now. Come on. Let's get going. :D

There's definitely lots to talk about and speculate about in there. ;)

Alex Rubit
January 23rd, 2007, 05:46 AM
Just updated my blog. Didn't realize it's been THAT long since the last update actually.

You might want to check it out. ;)

Alex Rubit
January 24th, 2007, 06:18 AM
For those who care, I updated my blog again -- once more with pictures.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
January 24th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Most interesting.

Alex Rubit
March 15th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Updated my blog again: www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com

It includes some new info on "Together We Stand," so you might want to check this one out. ;)

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
March 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah, it annoys me how I'm one of what, two or three fans? who are actually vocal and follow the show's up-to-the-minute updates.

Post the spoilers anyway. Just to see what happens. :P

Alex Rubit
March 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, it annoys me how I'm one of what, two or three fans? who are actually vocal and follow the show's up-to-the-minute updates.

Yeah, it's a shame really that no one seems to be wanting to disuss things a little more. But at least there's a few like you who do post.

I was definitely expecting more reactions to that revelation at the end of "Mediation." But what can you do?

Post the spoilers anyway. Just to see what happens. :P

Okay. Look for that in a couple of days. ;)

jmm
March 16th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Believe it or not I actually checked the blog a bit earlier and was wondering when will it get updated...and a few hours later...

By now you know that folks here are not very vocal, myself included, but I always thought (and I'm probably wrong with this one, but still) that blogging was mainly a conduit to put on writing whats on the bloggers mind (Well, until I start blogging I will not be 100% sure if that statement is 100% bs or not!). Of course some of the stuff on a blog leads to comments and discussion but almost all the blogs I have read do not warrant a follow up and provide only an interesting and/or funny insight on someone's opinion/mind/insanity.

I know you put effort and time (or it is time and effort?) to communicate your ideas on Horizon (And what's happening on 24...missing on your latest blog entry!) but rather than commenting on the blog I prefer to use the forum.

Anyway, keep blogging. I'll keep reading (silently) and if something on it has enough merits maybe I will post my two cents on the forum.

PS: Go Spoilers

Alex Rubit
March 16th, 2007, 07:39 AM
I know you put effort and time (or it is time and effort?) to communicate your ideas on Horizon (And what's happening on 24...missing on your latest blog entry!) but rather than commenting on the blog I prefer to use the forum.

It's not really the blog, it's just comments in general. And to be completely honest, sometimes it does tend to get a little frustrating. Not really too much, because I don't have the time to really think about it. But it's interesting that people just love to tell you what they didn't like, while when they liked it they'll just say nothing.

PS: Go Spoilers

Not sure if you'd really want to know all of them. But one thing I can promise is that at the end of the season everything will come together perfectly -- the search for the book, how that will influence the war.

Of course a lot of people may have forgotten about the huge setup in "My Enemy's Enemy," and the possiblity of a biogenic weapon being out there. Hmmm.

And another special thing towards the end: no one will be save. So those who honestly don't believe we'd kill off any characters, be careful with what you say. I did say it was a little like 24 in space, and we know no one's save on 24. ;)

Not really spoilers. Just some general comments.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 16th, 2007, 07:48 AM
It's just very easy to say what you didn't like than it is to say what you did. The reason I'm not too active here is because I'm always behind.

Alex Rubit
March 16th, 2007, 08:25 AM
It's just very easy to say what you didn't like than it is to say what you did. The reason I'm not too active here is because I'm always behind.

No one's asking people to explain what exactly they liked. A simple "I liked it" would suffice. After all, people I know in person and who've checked out the show, seem to be able to tell me that. Just had that experience yesterday.

I do wonder if people will react to something that could be considered a shocking surprise; I guess only time will tell. Not talking about anything in particular. Although I might be indicating a big change in the near future. ;)

SierraGulf1
March 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Just updated my own blog. It's been a while, so in case you've forgotten:

http://www.sgulf1.blogspot.com/

Elite Anubis Guard
March 26th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Interesting stuff. I'm glad you're enjoying working on Horizon and can't wait to see the finale arc take off.

Alchemist
March 26th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Christine? Damn. I had my money on Tom...

Alex Rubit
April 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Just updated my blog with some general info about the finale arc, and just perhaps the title of the season finale is revealed too.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 10th, 2007, 12:09 AM
You do realise how many characters there were in S1 right?! :O lol interesting stuff.

Alex Rubit
April 10th, 2007, 07:28 AM
That's a good point. But these characters were only in one episode so far, and I think no one's probably expecting them to suddenly return. ;)

jmm
April 10th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Can we at least have a little hint?
Is this character from a race based on SG1 (ie: Tollans), Atlantis (ie: Wraith) or Horizon?
Is it gray?

Alex Rubit
April 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Can we at least have a little hint?

Maybe. ;)

Is this character from a race based on SG1 (ie: Tollans),

Nope.

Atlantis (ie: Wraith) or Horizon?

Nope.

Is it gray?

Not entirely.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 10th, 2007, 02:18 PM
That Nebulan who's name I've forgot?

Alex Rubit
April 10th, 2007, 02:50 PM
That Nebulan who's name I've forgot?

Sergeant Fuller. But if the Nebulan do make an appearance at some point during this arc, it will be in form of the Nebulan Woman.

But a good guess, assuming you got that from the clue of him being "not entirely" grey. And if it had nothing to do with that, it's still a good guess nevertheless. ;)

Alex Rubit
June 8th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I've updated my blog once again. And this is a special one, so make sure to check it out.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 9th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Shame. Even if people didn't comment, they were still interesting.

Alex Rubit
June 9th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Well, the information that used to be in this blog, will still find its way to the public. You'll see what I mean soon. ;)