Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: The Beginning

Coming Soon!

"This would take place just a couple of years after the end of the events in 'Enterprise' but well before the original series, and it would look at the inciting incident that started everything," he said. "The story is big and epic, and it isn't as antiseptic as the television stories had to be."

Jendresen adds that "The Beginning" would also not be centered around the traditional "Star Trek" model of a captain, crew, and starship.
    So what do all of you think of this? I was really not expecting to see another movie being made this soon but I guess the guy´s at Paramount see things differently then I do.

If they do make the movie feel different then the stale feeling th show´s have gotten then it might be good, let´s just hope they don´t butcher this.

well ican't say its a shocker of a headline to hear that startrek will probably be back, i suspect that any film and i would bet good money that the series that tails behind that is to try and counter act starwars the series when that arrives, they get rid of the whole federation idea captians, ships and basicly nice upstanding human behaviour we have seen in all series for a pretty rough and gritty looking but probably very good sci fi show.

i say gritty as in that the basic laws that define the federation will most likely be gone making this echo the look of starwars where the galaxy and even humans behave more like humans and not robots like in the other series.

sounds ok im pretty glad to hear it may return i have always had a place in my heart i just hope that B&B has nothing to do with it at all, but i may be just a little too hopeful in that respect and if they are i wont go to see it unless its reviewed as really good and looks outstanding.
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

considering they say it'll be set after Enterprise its a bit daft to call it "the beginning"

Comment

agreed. Calling it beginnings is a little silly. Also silly is going back in time again. We don't have enough evidence to prove that it isn't a great idea? Hopefully, the concept being truncated in a movie rather than a series will help but it is way too soon for a movie; it's not as if you can really capitalize on the popularity of Enterprise... there being so little of it.

On the business side of things as well as for the future of Trek, this is a good idea. Given the issues with Enterprise, to save the franchise they need to keep Trek alive in peple's minds anyway they can so they can keep the door open for new series down the road. If they can keep most of the Enterprise characters and writers out of it they might do OK. And I'd be happy if they do. It'd mean that Enterprise didn't kill the franchise and that we can expect more in the future.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          agreed. Calling it beginnings is a little silly. Also silly is going back in time again. We don't have enough evidence to prove that it isn't a great idea? Hopefully, the concept being truncated in a movie rather than a series will help but it is way too soon for a movie; it's not as if you can really capitalize on the popularity of Enterprise... there being so little of it.

On the business side of things as well as for the future of Trek, this is a good idea. Given the issues with Enterprise, to save the franchise they need to keep Trek alive in peple's minds anyway they can so they can keep the door open for new series down the road. If they can keep most of the Enterprise characters and writers out of it they might do OK. And I'd be happy if they do. It'd mean that Enterprise didn't kill the franchise and that we can expect more in the future.
          I wouldn't expect any new Star Trek movie to come out anytime soon. They still need to write the script, build sets, cast a whole bunch of new and strong actors, etc. before they can start filming.

This movie will probably be the "make it or break it" for the Star Trek franchise. It will test the water to see if Star Trek is popular enough to do well. If the movie actually makes a good profit (unlike the last few Star Trek movies), then chances are there will be a new series. If not, the franchise will probably end at least for a good while since it will seem like there is no interest and therefore no money in continuing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
            I wouldn't expect any new Star Trek movie to come out anytime soon. They still need to write the script, build sets, cast a whole bunch of new and strong actors, etc. before they can start filming.

This movie will probably be the "make it or break it" for the Star Trek franchise. It will test the water to see if Star Trek is popular enough to do well. If the movie actually makes a good profit (unlike the last few Star Trek movies), then chances are there will be a new series. If not, the franchise will probably end at least for a good while since it will seem like there is no interest and therefore no money in continuing it.
            this movie is aparently supposed to be all diferent from what we have seen recently and alot different from enterprise, its still in the rough stages yet but i dont think this is to be revolving around federation starships too much, it meant to be gritty and rather more realistic than all the past attempts meaning we will get to see the favourits ie: humans, klingons, vulcans at their best and most confrontational meaning the prime directive is most certainly outta the window in what is suspected to a time travel movie that could take place in the past or more likely between the future and the present post enterprise where the future is all screwed up.
            and on that it could mean that all past films series and so on are more or less combined and we find the reason behind why things turned out the way they did with the dominion war the borg and various other battles, but still thats obviously speculation but looking back the popular ST movies focused around time travel going back with a combination of ST element that supprise us in the fact that we didt know such and such a person/species are involved in events that seemingly looked pretty simple such as the borg invading earth to stop the first warp flight we had heared about it and kinda knew things but we never knew they were involved and almost changed events.
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Hey - I already made a thread about this - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16518 never mind

http://www.trektoday.com/news/260805_02.shtml

Erik Jendresen, who is working on the proposed eleventh Star Trek feature film, announced that he has completed a first draft of a screenplay, Star Trek: The Beginning and turned it in to executives at Paramount Pictures.

Jendresen also confirmed longtime Star Trek executive producer Rick Berman's previous statements that the film would not incorporate any existing Star Trek characters. "This would take place just a couple of years after the end of the events in Enterprise but well before the original series, and it would look at the inciting incident that started everything," he said.
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Sorry but I beat you to it qasimjavid

Comment

oh yeah lol sorry
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Anyway as for my opinion this film is going to be absolutely crap didnt they learn anything from the failures of enterprise
                    love Torri

Comment

I'm not really looking forward to this film. Considering what we saw in the last film (Nemesis) and the last series (Enterprise). As much as I'd like to see the franchise continue, they need to take some time off to come up with a decent story that the devoted fans will love. Not one that is loaded with action for the Non-trekkie. Also the name stinks.
                      Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Yeah whats with the name?

Why couldnt they do a DS9 movie?
                        love Torri

Comment

the name may yet change its early days and it has been known to happen before, and yeah the name is crap! the begining isn't what i would call the flick not when its set after the poor seroes enterprise.

since it has nothing to do with the enterprise series i cant really understand why they would do another film set in the past, seems like an act of desperation to me since the voyager and enterprise series almost destroyed the franchise in a way that many of us ex-fans beleived thay would never do another film, at least no this soon anyway.
                          what will most likely happen is they will rush the film and it will be the worst yet, with B&B behind the driving seat then i will put money on the final demise of he startrak franchise when it hits the big screen with little to no effect and dies once and for all.

Comment

If they release it as a film, it'll do badly IMO. They need to sell a new crew, a new plot, while still appealing to new fans and the old ones who want to see something worthwhile. the last few films have been poor and that's with arguably most popular crew. Unless they do a film, like a pilot and leave the door open to a series. If they release it as a film, i don't think most folk would go see it. I say it should be done straight to TV with good advertisments, writing and believable. Do what the new BSG did.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                              I say it should be done straight to TV with good advertisments, writing and believable. Do what the new BSG did.
                              Now thats a good idea

I always find it amazing how a group of people (writers, prodeucers etc.)can be stupid collectively
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X