PDA

View Full Version : I love this picture! (From 'Underground')

Larry The Chevron Guy
July 1st, 2004, 06:01 PM
I think it's hilarious!

(Spoilers, obviously since this season hasn't aired yet.)

http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/1x5_21.shtml

ShadowMaat
July 1st, 2004, 06:04 PM
Well, he had his fingers in his ears, so he couldn't hear the director yelling "DUCK!"

And I'm also waiting for the inevitable shouts of "BIGGER!" ;)

shinyredpants
July 1st, 2004, 06:34 PM
hahaha that is a cool picture! he's just standing there being all "lah de dah..."

Nolamom
July 1st, 2004, 06:49 PM
I was thinking that was probably the most blase' reaction to an explosion I've seen in awhile.

ShadowMaat
July 1st, 2004, 06:52 PM
If you're gonna be blase, you should be striding confidently away from the explosion with a knowing little smirk or something. ;)

But Flanigan DOES look good. Maybe McKay won't be the only hotness on the show. ;)

Shipperahoy
July 1st, 2004, 07:01 PM
Aaaah Shadow....it's nice to see you sinking down to my level. The hotness factor on a show sure can make up for a lot of plot holes. ;)

Nolamom
July 1st, 2004, 07:09 PM
Well, he can afford to be calm since "The Destroyer" is handling the actual explosives. The Destroyer (http://publish.hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/fluffy%20destroying.gif)

ShadowMaat
July 1st, 2004, 07:10 PM
I have a feeling Sheppard is the one who'll be losing his shirt, but one can always hope for a little gratuitous shirtlessness from their resident buff geek, too. :D

Roatbaum
July 1st, 2004, 07:28 PM
I have a feeling Sheppard is the one who'll be losing his shirt, but one can always hope for a little gratuitous shirtlessness from their resident buff geek, too. :D
We can only hope, perhaps someone will talk 'Narim' out of his shirt when he is on, he is really warm too. :)

ShadowMaat
July 1st, 2004, 07:33 PM
"Narim"? I'll guess that's the other crossover actor. I didn't wanna read the thread 'cause I don't want spoilers on plot, but casting stuff isn't a big deal unless it's along the lines of "X is being brought in to replace David Hewlett." :eek:

Can't say I think much of wossname Narim looks-wise, but that just means more ogling space for you while I concentrate on ogling McKay. ;)

This Narim's Actor Dude better have a cat with him, dammit...

Er... on topic: "No, no, no... bigger. MUCH bigger." And I'm talking about the explosion, ya guttersnipes. ;) The structure explosion.

What a buncha freaks... hehe

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 11:09 PM
Nice picture. I think that scene loos great

shockwave
July 2nd, 2004, 04:28 AM
"Narim"? I'll guess that's the other crossover actor. I didn't wanna read the thread 'cause I don't want spoilers on plot, but casting stuff isn't a big deal unless it's along the lines of "X is being brought in to replace David Hewlett." :eek:

Can't say I think much of wossname Narim looks-wise, but that just means more ogling space for you while I concentrate on ogling McKay. ;)

This Narim's Actor Dude better have a cat with him, dammit...

http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/108_03.jpg
It's going to be a dog this time :p

ShadowMaat
July 2nd, 2004, 04:40 AM
*sigh* Might have been nice to have a bit of warning about that. It's one thing to voluntarily click on a link to see a pic. It's quite another to have it pop up unannounced. But you're hardly the only offender these days and it IS implied that there's a pic (or pics) in the thread, so I guess the spoilers are obvious. I only have myself to blame. ;)

Anyway, I think I'm gonna go mess around with my settings to correct that. Of course, that also means losing sig file pics- including my own- but in the long run I think it'll protect me. There are some pretty big and/or icky sig images out there, too. ;)

And I don't want a dog, I want Schroedinger, dammit. :P

Ugly Pig
July 2nd, 2004, 05:20 AM
Anyway, I think I'm gonna go mess around with my settings to correct that. Of course, that also means losing sig file pics- including my own- but in the long run I think it'll protect me. There are some pretty big and/or icky sig images out there, too. ;)
Nooooooooooo!! I beg you to reconsider! Just look at what you'll be missing:

http://www.uglypig.bravehost.com/signature.gif

ShadowMaat
July 2nd, 2004, 05:31 AM
I know. I'm gonna miss my iddle piggy iggums, but I've actually been thinking about doing this for a while, now. Nothing that reflects badly on shockwave or any of the others posting pics to the board, it's just a personal preference.

I do wish that the forum would differentiate between pics in posts and pics in sig files, but oh well. *sniffle* Pity me, for I am now pigless...

Ugly Pig
July 2nd, 2004, 05:39 AM
I know. I'm gonna miss my iddle piggy iggums,
Finally got around to using that one, huh? :D

but I've actually been thinking about doing this for a while, now. Nothing that reflects badly on shockwave or any of the others posting pics to the board, it's just a personal preference.
Well, enjoy a pic-free existance then. :)
I know I couldn't do that, I'd be too concerned with what I'd be missing. But that's just me.

langdonboom
July 2nd, 2004, 06:11 AM
that pic defniitely goes a long way to showing us a bit of his character, ie in the Jack/Han Solo vein. Every team has to have the prgamatic realist cool guy. Looks promising.

ShadowMaat
July 2nd, 2004, 06:23 AM
I know I couldn't do that, I'd be too concerned with what I'd be missing. But that's just me.
Well, you can't see the pics, but there is a link to go and view the pic, so that's kinda nice. :)

I'll be curious to see the original "boom" pic in context.

Nolamom
July 2nd, 2004, 11:18 AM
It's going to be a dog this time :p
Well, if it's going to be a dog, at least they could use the RIGHT dog!
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/nolamom/images/fluffy%20at%20romantic%20moment.gif
Fluffy got rid of that great huge beast...

Darren
July 2nd, 2004, 08:41 PM
I can't be positive, but it looks a lot like Torri's dog. He hangs out in her trailer while she's on set. Very sweet ... if you're a dog person. ;)

ThereButForTheGraceOfGod
July 2nd, 2004, 09:59 PM
Has to be a great effect, but he looks to calm for a civilian

ShadowMaat
July 3rd, 2004, 05:18 AM
Uhh... Civilian? Sheppard isn't civilian.

Teal'c
July 3rd, 2004, 02:27 PM
Uhh... Civilian? Sheppard isn't civilian.
Well maybe Major is just his nickname :P

Mio
July 3rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
That's a stupid nickname. ::phft::

Nolamom
July 4th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Hey, I actually *dated* a guy named Major. What were his parents thinking?!?!

Of course this explosion is on a small scale...hope that the sfx guys get going with the BIG stuff.

James Holland
July 4th, 2004, 02:18 PM
I like this picture of Major Sheppard. He is a younger version of O'Neill Well thats what he looks to me but I'm going to watch it and sg-1 andi have to choose between O'Neill or Sheppard as My Favorite Character in Stargate

JakeDeuxPointZero
July 4th, 2004, 09:05 PM
I think I had a math teacher named Major... but he hated me. At the time, I wondered why, but looking back, I talked WAY too much.

Selmak
July 10th, 2004, 04:40 PM
That pic has a Jack vibe to it.

2BAM
September 4th, 2004, 02:32 AM
that pic defniitely goes a long way to showing us a bit of his character, ie in the Jack/Han Solo vein. Every team has to have the prgamatic realist cool guy. Looks promising.
Jack, Jack who? Way cooler than Jack and Han Solo put together.

Ancient 1
September 5th, 2004, 05:34 AM
U don't really believe that do you?

S0f4
September 5th, 2004, 06:15 AM
maybe he has another identity and switched to "Major Sheppard" :D

theres a lot we dont know about Sheppard....

darkphoenix
September 5th, 2004, 08:02 AM
that picture of Sheppard totally rocks! very cool... I am putting it up in my locker tomorrow!

chiefchucky
September 5th, 2004, 07:13 PM
That pic reminds me of Jesse James and the hurse project where they blow up the big dr car chipper in monster garage.

Icemancmd
September 5th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Roflmao!!!!!!!!!