Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lt Kendrick(Spoilers for In Purgatorys Shadow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt Kendrick(Spoilers for In Purgatorys Shadow)

It's a shame you killed her off, was there any reason because she would have made an interesting character.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    It's a shame you killed her off, was there any reason because she would have made an interesting character.
    True she would have made an interesting character. But the reason was simple, and proved correct by your question, would you've cared to even bother to ask why if a nameless redshirt had being killed off instead.
    Stargate: Horizon http://www.stargatehorizon.com/

Comment

She was a... Magenta Shirt.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Well, ultimately as I read through the final or near version of the script, I was a little hesitant about killing off the character so soon, because something could have come from it. There was some discussion, but we quickly agreed that it would be better to kill the character off.

Dramatic impact we hoped would just be far more effective. The thinking behind it was that the last thing you as the audience you expect would be that a new character, only just introduced in this episode, would be killed off so quickly. So we hope it worked as intended, and you never suspected it would happen.

But don’t worry; we have a host of new recurring characters in the new season that will have plenty of development and interesting opportunities.
        Stargate: Horizon http://www.stargatehorizon.com/

Comment

Well your dramatic effect did work, shame to have seen her killed, she could have been an amazing character!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
            Well your dramatic effect did work, shame to have seen her killed, she could have been an amazing character!
            I think the reason for why it had such an effect, was that it came very unexpected. You didn't expect it to happen at the moment it did happen, which I thought was a great way to show just how dangerous Gorlon actually is. It sounds kind of cold, but (as I also mentioned on the podcast) I knew from the moment the character appeared in "In Purgatory's Shadow" that this character was doomed.

In fact, you always try to create moments like that, instead of just having a couple of red-shirts getting killed all the time. No one would seriously care about that. So every now and then it's nice to see that you can make an audience care about a character, and you just hide the fact that the character is actually a red-shirt.

So, as Joe said, it was intended so that you'd find yourself thinking it's a shame we won't be seeing that character again. Is it a waste of a character? Not really. Instead I think it makes things more realistic, because it has an impact on the audience.

But don't worry. Season Two will introduce a great deal of additional recurring characters, and we'll be seeing more of some recurring characters of Season One. Let's just see what will happen with those. As some already know, we've "cast" some great actors for all the new characters.
            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
              I think the reason for why it had such an effect, was that it came very unexpected. You didn't expect it to happen at the moment it did happen, which I thought was a great way to show just how dangerous Gorlon actually is. It sounds kind of cold, but (as I also mentioned on the podcast) I knew from the moment the character appeared in "In Purgatory's Shadow" that this character was doomed...
              I totalllly agree with you Alex. It came as a complete shock when she was struck down. It really highlighted Gorlon's cruelty and unpredictability. He really is one alien who you wouldn't want to piss off! Her murder also added to the desperation of the situation and when Youssef was also shot that really got me yelling out loud Noooooooo! With SGH, nobody is safe from harm's way!
              Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
              ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
              <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

I like how he just killed her (not to sound sadistic). None of that "raise the gun to her head to seem threatening" crap. He said he'd kill her if they didn't comply, and that's exactly what he did. He's an Enoly of his word, and that's what I like about him.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                X