This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about multi-gate dialing

i dont know if this question has been asked, if it has, please ignore and link to the correct thread, anyway

in reckoning pt. 2, we see the ability to dial multiple gates, my question is, if a person stepped through the gate when it was connected to all stargates in the galaxy, would the person who stepped through come out through every gate, multiplying themselves
    the ancient disruptor beam did, so would solid matter do the same?

I think the Gate either has a safeguard built in to prevent it from trying to send solid matter to multiple gates, or that if anyone tried to go through, they would, erm... I don't think it'd be pretty.

Comment

Interesting question, which makes me wonder. Since the energy beam had no problem traveling (and replicating) through multiple gates. What would happen if Anubis did the very same thing?

Comment

Matter can only rematerialize once . . . and only one way. I think the multiple dialing issue is related to radio waves being able to travel both ways through the gate. More than that, I don't know - I'm no astrophysicist.

~Sarah
        Call me Sarah . . .
        • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
        • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
        • Trek forever!

Comment

Anubis however, had no corporeal form, so he would probably have been able to send parts of himself all over the galaxy.

Comment

Its majorly to do with radio waves. The thing is the gate was not intended for this kind of use and im suprised there wasn't a gate malfunction. The energy beam travels in a wave my guess part of the electromagnetic spectrum with a very high and powerful signal (bear in mind it was used to create life). Therefore Anubis wouldnt be able to replicate himself by going through the gate open to multiple gates due to the fact that either
            A: His energy is too strong for that kind of use
            B: The ancients would never allow it and probably descend him to the form of a much lesser being or inprison him further so that he cant reach this plane of existence.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
            X