PDA

View Full Version : Anubis and Ba'al (SPOILERS)

Erik Pasternak
July 1st, 2004, 11:29 AM
For anyone who read the MGM sci-fi newsletter, it says that Anubis is loose in a new host body. Do you think he in Ba'al's host body, as he seems to be the one in power in season eight?

Teal'c
July 1st, 2004, 11:42 AM
I think it means just in Lockdown (Though he could get away... damn it, that would have been a big surprise, since I've just been assuming he'd be dead by the end of the episode! :P)

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 11:45 AM
I hope Anubis doesn't die, for obvious reasons. Perhaps Anubis does take new host, for a episode or two and flees away and takes reform and goes over to Atlantis in final search of the Lost City

shockwave
July 1st, 2004, 12:27 PM
well, Anubis is in Lockdown and will takeover Daniel and that Russian guy. RCC said something about Daniel and Anubis having a big showdown near the end of the season, so I suppose he sorta survives Lockdown for this.

His host is most likely that Russian guy (Karpov)

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 12:50 PM
Unless, he stays in Daniel, and sleeps his concious inside him, then overtime, Anubis will try to take over, but there goes my imagination :)

Erik Pasternak
July 1st, 2004, 03:54 PM
Unless, he stays in Daniel, and sleeps his concious inside him, then overtime, Anubis will try to take over, but there goes my imagination :)
They wouldn't do that to a series regular, a recurring star maybe.

shinyredpants
July 1st, 2004, 04:01 PM
nooo! i hope anubis isnt in ba'als body......

hahaha ba'als...er...anyway

anubis is awesome, and is cliche bad guy but ba'al...he's awesome and is just evil nasty bad guy...i dunno...ba'al seems more of a complex character to me, anubis is a cranky guy seeking mass revenge...

i dunno...they should throw anubis into dammit...all my favorite gods are dead...i give up.

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 04:07 PM
They wouldn't do that to a series regular, a recurring star maybe.What makes you think that, although i do agree they wouldn't do something like that to a regular, they put Jolinar into Sam, and shes a regular, they made Jack get the Ancient Depository in his head, and hes a regular. It would be a good twist and nice story to see one of their own be a bad guy in secret, and at the end or so, save Daniel, then *poof*, regular Daniel's back :)

Erik Pasternak
July 1st, 2004, 09:04 PM
What makes you think that, although i do agree they wouldn't do something like that to a regular, they put Jolinar into Sam, and shes a regular, they made Jack get the Ancient Depository in his head, and hes a regular. It would be a good twist and nice story to see one of their own be a bad guy in secret, and at the end or so, save Daniel, then *poof*, regular Daniel's back :)
You're right, they did do it to Sam and Jack, but only for one episode, TPTB wouldn't let it become an arc, and frankly, I don't think the fans would either.

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 11:10 PM
I think Anubis will target Daniel for the obvious reasons

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 11:12 PM
Technically, now, Jack has have had the Ancient knowledge in him for more than 1 episode.

I'm not trying to be an annoying biatch, but are u putting words into other peoples mouthes other than your own by saying "i don't think the fans would either."

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 11:15 PM
Yes, he had it in for two episodes at the end of season seven, The Fifth Race and possibly the two beginning episodes of season eight

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 11:17 PM
Yes yes, i'm just trying to reach a point, that they did a similar thing with Jonas, he got visions near the end of S6, and he was a regular, and it was dragged on from Metamorphesis, nice episode :)

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 11:21 PM
Good idea to carry it through a season but we know Jack would die if that info was not removed! :(

Elwe Singollo
July 1st, 2004, 11:24 PM
Yah :( Good thing we have a handy dandy Thor, that seems to not always come...

Anubis
July 1st, 2004, 11:25 PM
True, but he does come through...eventually

Moonshayde
July 2nd, 2004, 05:10 AM
Hi! I'm new. Nice to meet you all. Is there a meet and greet thread?

The idea that Anubis could stay in Daniel would be cool. I am always up for a good conflict, even with the characters I like. I doubt something like that would happen. And the spoilers seem to point a different kind of ending. But I am still looking forward to the ep and these new developments for Anubis. This makes him way more interesting than before :)

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 06:27 AM
Look somewhere in the... off-topic area, even maybe the play zone :) Hope that helps :) Some people don't read all spoilers, so i don't know some stuff, like the spoilers for the episode about Anubis being 'dum dum dum', so yah... Haha... i'm just saying, 'what if', and speculating.

Anubis
July 2nd, 2004, 06:55 AM
It would be good if Anubis was within Daniel and he went against everything to the Gou'ald. Like they're about to go kill some Gou'ald and Daniel is like 'You're destroying other peoples lives'

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 07:57 AM
I have a comment on that, but it would just be mean, and irrelavent. But anyway, i just want to say that i would like to see someone who is a regular to get taken over by something for more than one episode, and a two parter doesn't count :) Although i would be satisfied with three episodes, haha...

Ugly Pig
July 2nd, 2004, 08:13 AM
But anyway, i just want to say that i would like to see someone who is a regular to get taken over by something for more than one episode, and a two parter doesn't count :) Although i would be satisfied with three episodes, haha...
CoughJackCoughKananCoughCough

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 08:58 AM
That was less than 3 episodes ;p

Ugly Pig
July 2nd, 2004, 09:08 AM
That was less than 3 episodes ;p
Frozen-Nightwalkers-Abyss. How is that less than 3 episodes? :)

Anubis
July 2nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
I think two or even three is enough

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 12:31 PM
Anyway, tons of discussion about Anubis, where did Baal go?!

MartoufMarty
July 2nd, 2004, 12:40 PM
They wouldn't do that to a series regular, a recurring star maybe.
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

if all these bad things just kept on happening to the 'Red Shirts' then all the main guys would just be boring and hardly ever change. such as:

daniel dying, getting addicted to half the crap out there, having Sha're turned into a host and killed, losing his memory, getting stuck inside himself and have all these other people in there inside of him, going crazy, discovering new things, and losing things, and all that makes him who he is now. in the beginning he was this curious archaeologist and look at him now. (first example that came to mind...)

so it would make sense that say... daniel gets 'possessed' by Anubis or whatever happens because it adds on to him. he has more of a right now to be b!tchy than he did at the beginning. and... even more after he gets possessed... or... whatever. :confused:

it'll make it a struggle and though you know he's gonna be alright in the end, it'll leave a mark for future episodes and add on to his character...

did that make any sense?

MartoufMarty
July 2nd, 2004, 12:47 PM
Anyway, tons of discussion about Anubis, where did Baal go?!
hiding here in my basement

Anubis
July 2nd, 2004, 12:49 PM
Ba'al has flew away to a distant galaxy to reclaim his seat in the Pegasus galaxy!! :D

Elwe Singollo
July 2nd, 2004, 11:46 PM
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!

if all these bad things just kept on happening to the 'Red Shirts' then all the main guys would just be boring and hardly ever change. such as:

daniel dying, getting addicted to half the crap out there, having Sha're turned into a host and killed, losing his memory, getting stuck inside himself and have all these other people in there inside of him, going crazy, discovering new things, and losing things, and all that makes him who he is now. in the beginning he was this curious archaeologist and look at him now. (first example that came to mind...)

so it would make sense that say... daniel gets 'possessed' by Anubis or whatever happens because it adds on to him. he has more of a right now to be b!tchy than he did at the beginning. and... even more after he gets possessed... or... whatever. :confused:

it'll make it a struggle and though you know he's gonna be alright in the end, it'll leave a mark for future episodes and add on to his character...

did that make any sense?I liked your whole post, and yes, to me, it made perfect sense. You are so right, if nothing 'catastrophic' happens to any of the main characters, then those are dull characters that deserve to be in the background.

Torley
July 3rd, 2004, 01:18 AM
This makes me wonder on a tangent, has a System Lord ever killed another in a fistfight, or at least, in a melee weapons brawl? I wonder how good Anubis is with a scimitar... Ba'al at least looks like he's had a lot of familiarity.

Anubis is too good to waste just like that in a *poof* even Apophis had 5 seasons before going down with his ship.

Elwe Singollo
July 3rd, 2004, 01:37 AM
We did have new help, such as the Ancients Weapon. Although i do agree, Anubis poofed away kinda fast, haha... From what i hear, we haven't heard the last from our little buddy Anubis.

Torley
July 3rd, 2004, 02:27 AM
I felt kind of cheated with the Ancients weapon... but granted, it's really hard to pull of a "deus ex machina" without it seeming like a, well, "deus ex machina". I was expecting a solution but the "glowy squid things" rather surprised me... *urk*! I always thought it was funny Anubis, despite all of his military might, didn't have more ships or planets or whatever... you'd think he would have won some more in his battles with the other System Lords so he wasn't so restricted. Oh well. We'll see what happens!

Anubis
July 3rd, 2004, 02:33 AM
I agree. The glowly squid stuff was a surprise. I thought they'd be things like guns, rockets and missiles. I guess it still got the job done

Torley
July 3rd, 2004, 02:51 AM
Yeah. I guess reasoning can be made in all cases. Like, if they used the standard armaments as you described, that might be too much of a "cliche", even for Jack. And this is the first time they've shown an Ancients superweapon, although I wonder if Anubis knew about it (too bad his own Eyes bit the dust before that, it might have been cool to see a stand-off). I don't think "glowy squid surprises" will be recurring, so I'm not concerned about that, but the problem with things like this is what I call "The Dragon Ball Z Dilemma", in which two opponents of roughly equivalent power keep on trying to out-do each other and end up blowing up whole planets and even galaxies in the process :P And yes, it gets pretty ridiculous -- hence the need for a foe to have a really overlooked weak spot or get the writers on some creative solution (the way they've dealt with the Replicators are standouts to me).

Elwe Singollo
July 4th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Hehe yah, i thought all battles in Dragon Ball Z was like how you said, haha... Except we all know eventually, good wins, even if it costs the deaths of the main characters, which doesn't stop them from comming back :)

Well, if they ever do still use that Ancient superweapon again, where are we going to get more batteries?!

Lord You
July 6th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I like the idea that Daniel eventually becomes the host to Anubis. It would make sense, given their history. I bet Anubis is just itching for revenge against his adversary. Furthermore, it would be cool to see one of the regulars from the POV of the Gou'old. Wouldn't it be interesting to see Anubis-as-Daniel torture Jack or even Jonas (which would have meaning on several levels) too? Or even an assassination attempt by the SGC or Tok'ra? The possibilities are endless.

Jeff O'Connor
July 6th, 2004, 03:35 PM
littlemigueljr and MartoufMarty -- you two are my heroes.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Something a whole season long, where Daniel eventually gets his chance to face off against Anubis, the one and only, that destroyed him on multiple levels -- first emotionally, then physically. I would love something like that. Makes me insides boil with profuse happiness. Wait, that didn't make any sense... but nevertheless, I want something big, something epic, something large-scale like that. It sounds really cool, and it would be an insanely intriguing way, in my opinion, of developing Daniel Jackson at this point in time.

Elwe Singollo
July 7th, 2004, 09:32 PM
littlemigueljr and MartoufMarty -- you two are my heroes.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Something a whole season long, where Daniel eventually gets his chance to face off against Anubis, the one and only, that destroyed him on multiple levels -- first emotionally, then physically. I would love something like that. Makes me insides boil with profuse happiness. Wait, that didn't make any sense... but nevertheless, I want something big, something epic, something large-scale like that. It sounds really cool, and it would be an insanely intriguing way, in my opinion, of developing Daniel Jackson at this point in time.Hehe, thank you very much :) See, i finally found someone who agress with me, and not saying "oh that won't happen". Although it may not, its called imagination, haha...

AgentX
July 7th, 2004, 09:41 PM
I think I could do with a one episode deal. Having Anubis taking over Daniel for an extended arc would be too reminscent of Farscape for me with John and Scorpius.
It will be interesting to see how the situation plays out.

Elwe Singollo
July 7th, 2004, 11:38 PM
My idea of the 'Anubis possessing Daniel' part is something i would like to happen, but it doesn't specifically have to be that idea, i was thinking that we could actually have some continuuing storylines episode after episode, instead of acting like the last episode didn't happen. 2 parters don't count ;)
I know if this were to happen, some 'new' viewers would get lost on whats happening, thats why i think my little idea is faulty :)