PDA

View Full Version : An Idea

briguy213
August 25th, 2005, 09:00 AM
I think SG - horizon is very good. I think you should try to pitch the show to mgm or scifi or a company like that. Say you want to be able to produce it and what you do now. Stargate - horizon would be incredible if it was a tv show. I would love to watch it. What does everyone think?

lionel_pendergast_rocks
August 25th, 2005, 09:39 AM
there has been a lot of discussion about this over at the SGH forum, and for all our hopes, it is VERY unlikely that MGM would adopted a fan created series, and even further, let the fan producers stay in charge. but hey, we can dream, right?

Lord Willow
August 25th, 2005, 09:45 AM
wow, imagine that, three stargate series airing... that would be interesting..lol

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 10:14 AM
LOL its very unlieky.

briguy213
August 25th, 2005, 11:03 AM
maybe when the stargate series are over, stargate horizon could be a miniseries runoff kind of thing. Since it takes place in the future.

Alex Rubit
August 25th, 2005, 12:24 PM
maybe when the stargate series are over, stargate horizon could be a miniseries runoff kind of thing. Since it takes place in the future.

Horizon is conceived as a secon spin off series, which could air after SG-1 finishes its run (which I'm sure won't be for another few years). So, basically then you'd have Atlantis and Horizon airing together. That's one of the reasons it takes place a fews years into the future; the other reason is just to avoid contradicting anything that's currently happening on the television seasons. You won't find any continuty errors in there; I dare say it fits in very nicely. ;)

Osiris-RA
August 25th, 2005, 12:33 PM
It'd be amazing if this all did move from just fan-written to actual TV. Hey, nothing's impossible. :D

Colonel Sharp
August 25th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Horizon is conceived as a secon spin off series, which could air after SG-1 finishes its run (which I'm sure won't be for another few years). So, basically then you'd have Atlantis and Horizon airing together. That's one of the reasons it takes place a fews years into the future; the other reason is just to avoid contradicting anything that's currently happening on the television seasons. You won't find any continuty errors in there; I dare say it fits in very nicely. ;)
Good idea about the future thing, I try and do that when I come up with Stargate roleplay stories. RPing and writeing are pretty similar in that way.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 25th, 2005, 01:28 PM
It would be cool if it got really made but the chance is slim, there but silm!

Joe Hodkiss
August 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Nothing is impossible. I guess is fan reaction is high enough someone will definitely take notice of it eventually, if they haven’t already. So I guess it’s up to you guys. Talk about the show, read the episodes, and most importantly enjoy it.

Elite Anubis Guard
August 26th, 2005, 12:31 AM
OT: In reply to your green message: I know but I find the rythm funny.

Simonthefurling
August 26th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Very unlikely. But one idea the SGH team could consider would be a radio series of SGH. That could work. In fact an internet station could even be setup so people from all countries could listen.

Qasim
August 26th, 2005, 04:25 AM
It'd be amazing if this all did move from just fan-written to actual TV. Hey, nothing's impossible. :DThen you would be even more famous O-Ra :D

Elite Anubis Guard
August 26th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Very unlikely. But one idea the SGH team could consider would be a radio series of SGH. That could work. In fact an internet station could even be setup so people from all countries could listen.
I believe this was suggested before?

Whatazarian
September 23rd, 2005, 10:49 PM
Well I can find a problem :s

Stargate Horizon sounds more exotic than SG-1 and SG-A and if it were to be made a TV show would probably cost more for visual effects etc... I mean the Goa'uld were easy to portray, get normal people give 'em a few wacky costumes and you have a Goa'uld.

But then again.. the Wraith in SG-A totally contradict everything :D So who knows :D.

StevetheWraith!
September 24th, 2005, 05:04 AM
SGH the TV series would be sweet indeed. But even if this will never see the light of day, I really wouldn't care much because the screenplays are so well written that they allow me to construct a mental picture of what is going on. Also, when the CGI's start flowing then the number of SGH readers will soar. I can't wait to see the official images of the Valiant and the Horizon in Season 2 and new musical themes and "The Making Of..." will be equally well received amongst us fans. Therefore all I am saying is live in the present and enjoy SGH for what it currently is because the TV show might never see the light of day, but that won't take away the many accomplishments that SGH has already achieved.