This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus Question - spoilers Beachead

Why can the Prometheus beam weapons ie the Mach 9. After all didn't the asguard put fail safes to prevent that? Or is sg1 different from the atlantis cannon

I really don't know but probably they can override the failsafe and beem up weapons ...
    But where in Beachhead would they do that?

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
    IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

activated bombs can't be beamed into other ships, but beaming an unactive bomb onto a planet is different.

Comment

Why do people post opinions as if they were fact...

Comment

Daedalus was built around the Asgard technology. Prometheus started out being 100% human ingenuity (with reverse-engineered technology). Asgard tech was added to Prometheus over time, so it is conceivable that the fail-safes were not included.
          Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan
            Daedalus was built around the Asgard technology. Prometheus started out being 100% human ingenuity (with reverse-engineered technology). Asgard tech was added to Prometheus over time, so it is conceivable that the fail-safes were not included.
            Or, as someone stated, maybe the fail-safes can differentiate between active and non-active bombs. Who knows but we'll probably never find out. :-(

Comment

wasn't the prometheus the half finished ship the goa'uld on earth were building in that town before being discovered? I believe so anyway, pointing that out to the benefit of thehomegaman

Comment

well, the Asgard had to override the safety protocals on the Daedalus so they probably can't override those on the Prometheus.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by normeo
                  wasn't the prometheus the half finished ship the goa'uld on earth were building in that town before being discovered? I believe so anyway, pointing that out to the benefit of thehomegaman
                  I don't think it was the same ship.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The whole fail safe thing was about beaming the bomb inside of a ship. But here's my question, they can beam into the forcefield and talk to the prior, so why not just beam the prior out into space? Or elsewhere on the planet? Or beam the Stargate elsewhere? Or set off a bunch of the gatebusters on the rest of the planet? There were no other life signs on the planet, so why not destroy the whole planet? I guess they didn't think of any of these things because it would've ruined the whole supergate part of the story, which is the meat and potatoes part of the story.
                    Last edited by coldmachine; 02 September 2005, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X